A 2 Week Grand Villa Extravaganza! 2.5 Years Late... FINAL DAY!!

Thanks for reading! It was the most amazing vacation. I can tell you that the mini photo shoots are well worth the money, we have another one coming up later in the trip report... I'm sort of bummed winter decided to arrive here in Colorado - how about you?

Can't wait to see the next mini photo shoot!! I definitely want to squeeze one in soon!! I am very much over all these snowy, freezing days we have been having! Makes me want to go back to Florida that much more.

The girls AK outfits are adorable. I love how the boys match, too!

I think they came from a company called Matilda Jane. They were kind of big, so they'll fit this summer too! Matching the kids is too much fun... Just wait until you see their outfits for day 12....

Can't wait to see the next mini photo shoot!! I definitely want to squeeze one in soon!! I am very much over all these snowy, freezing days we have been having! Makes me want to go back to Florida that much more.

I'm over snow too, but I guess we deserved it after our balmy January. The next photo shoot is at the GF!

A 2 Week Grand Villa Extravaganza! Day 11: All Day at DAK, Part II

Day 11: Monday June 10 – Resort: OKW – Park: DAK

Howdy people! It is another gorgeous spring day here in northwest Colorado. I’d like to share a photo a friend took of our “town” (we live about 20 minutes away) this past fall:

2cB4d-MJut90nwe7gmVuUWPq49ZYGWpHr-YWeUTCrf3WvvISSIItXYUJt15SeP97VylTUw0ZxA1C28up8xxC9CbN6k-FhTasADSh46oJYsR__Xcn1ZT_m51HSxeGH2to0T-3Og

Disney recently raised ticket prices again, and many people are once again up in arms about how much a day at WDW costs. Don’t get me wrong, it is very pricey, but I always like to remind people that other vacations, such as ski vacations, cost just as much, if not more. For example a one day lift ticket at the mountain pictured above, Steamboat, costs $139. There are significant discounts when you buy multi-day tickets (much like Disney), but wow. I’m not trying to ruffle feathers, but I do want to point out that luxury costs will continue to rise, despite our personal budgets. It also cracks me up that someone who lives near Disney probably dreams of visiting my town, much in the way I plan and dream of visiting their “town.” Interesting.

Onto the trip report! We had just wrapped up a late lunch at Flame Tree BBQ, and it was approaching time for our much anticipated FP+ for Kali River Rapids. Clara and the rest of the kids were all tall enough, and although I knew the ride was pretty lame (I mean tame, yeah tame), the kids were psyched. As we approached, we discovered the ride was closed because an impending storm. It was inevitable - we had hardly any disruptions to our plans due to rain in days, so it was our turn. We decided to head to Dinosaur, as the wait time was low. All the kids but Clara wanted to ride, so on we went:

UUAGJCmB1bJPq-ah7Ir-fuqyJaj-7KMw_LnM9usd1NRutAGL_8ucvIGJChKTPsQt_U_1P_Ga_lEqnkZlqOTWZMuDW9eqgFXyyze5AXmWHQk2GyrA4o2-ajgZYMEZDiEHukvn-Q

In the meantime, Brie and Clara enjoyed a sundae and a selfie:

7n01y9g6_rnSNaC_Umf87Loeu5JbDAHrIfFImPMVN1YYTFSZl3kGKHWQDSXDJgpOsmLFJIb2ejAt9lBicGo47rCYTRfu4LSvT_5Qe_yMnL77vIkDfWxV5RZKqd0rwUAswOkG_w

We met up with them and waited out the last of the rain. Ryan, Josh and Clara tried out some of the Wilderness Explorer activities, but Eme decided to have a bit of a pout:

tJKlb3uZpV-LfODoacimA52X3XwhBqp8SpBmJR5lfzNeimi4RV0XKgvIbHlg6cH5bKvC-QcsYpwEyI27WRoUjCgWRS65kA63Ip-R50b93AuqC11s-ghx4AxK7tqnOHrwoVEHcw

The rain let up, and according to the MDE App, both EE and Kali were open again. It was within our FP+ window for EE so we decided to head there first. I once again planned to use baby swap here, as Clara wasn’t 44 in tall. My parents and Drea, had FP+ for EE, and we presented Clara and Ryan (who was on his mom’s hip) so we could get enough baby swaps for everyone who wanted to ride, which was all but Clara who was too small, and Josh who was not into it. This is where my notes are off, but I know the PP pics supported that we did get two sets of baby swaps despite Ryan’s height. First up is Papa, Buszia, and Drea:

Zz4LFhN1LRSR9JrLfEG9nYhXI7l8KRorpAu0iaUt-gn-KDi7mm8kcVBm_cnBw_uAmWDfIfP65IOc1L88sNkEsNuLTrdnDCbRQK1pOBiAvHkEI_TiqeNgt5PN_VxAxCgSsLEETg

a-K5t_wZ_KAz6LvyIq1Wlwc4tBuGWjAS-PL3SAQOyI_5INsNHHvmNIhQwmXyCg-B-OaRZvt1kEfiZrzhCtQBFMN74PQfark7j5oLb8U5hPThbbCK3NIJg__8E7CvZebOPF0Y4g

Followed by Papa (who I think did single rider while the rest of us did baby swap, and Buszia waited with Clara and Josh:

2zUPyBgk95mheTnMRDfnJ1bL7NltieSUjH6ONvPAepLXShfMBS6n1KD2-heCoiCj0v2GggvespjMMA3ecPS36qm4LJBIcRETdBkuHkJ21YNPMQBfLYHGlFTc9RDgGbqDWgggng

Then the rest of us using the baby swaps:

fHyCx_5g5PJf4_88_bPCt52V3AuB5F2AP8x9IvMlMumynlVxmAXSaTsXmiwWAct-JFq4OGaXV7xvKglx5IRvXGB90AFL6CgEqtzeaF0QiISOaMBAuysJWxOfQHFe8pshKnEMQA

Tzs-RbVl01Ufzooemc9vTq78Gkrjn-dW_JsRzQTDWFYz0RBS8Z3DDL3zi2_Qi_0QFum4U5H3mMj384DFxf7Levm8C6OYJgszGu486YKM-vtq4y6kvFl4CANra-Q04X8CEyZO7Q

Again, another planning win on my part, as we now had FP+ (or rescheduled ones) for everyone who didn’t have FP+ for EE. Luck was on our side as we strolled over to Kali (that had an insane wait) to use our FP+. It was a pretty neat queue, and even with FP+ it was backed up due to the closures.

FqKWX_89_KtFkSLcEmPTFvWNn1qNCMWtUC-TrtU4yEGTi8MRgej_dpLD2-kMYuBdfSZY_PaLz3eAxA608jcsq4UtXrcH9tlFLhJ3a7iWaAQgVFkEtOOdJBYxTI-7Tw5KNF0qBw

We were probably three boats away from loading, when they closed the ride again. We tried to wait it out at the CS tables near the ride entrance:

iHmJT0MNL8EEKWCYiKuCJ_YFW79n4htnFkubUQ9Sym7Ci9kkcnfgYk4eaBXYzC6hdCklEylNhGvIK_ksXECpKeGtC5HB-S_hVa1zsFjqE-q03aU_spWJx4aJKukEFP9SI7NOEQ

cxK-Nwitu2Re52S5HcagfC8dJMLvbQ8MTos2bL1seomMIeBDZc8p3NXTGE0tDwK0PSvruo7WsFb3ZFPwg-5HdcY23VoLIszgObvHK9f3REACvNOCbyxtChPYVc9yKHbKWs_VtA

But alas the rain showed no signs of slowing, so we decided to head for home. Kali will be there on our next trip!

When we got back to OKW, it was pouring. No problem, as we had Papa’s delicious spaghetti for dinner:

AmOlDytzd-setAnGPvT9T89uiLTTstCcDqxoWMuyQauElVJV2oVntt0NmBAXPL1d1e1gd7qZYBdwKYzBdeEkKBz14aTif7lxp_0gl1Pttqa3xNtLcLWXABBZ3agNRhsyMdn1rg

gD_w37TvFeOCQRIm-jj2O65iZTFyJn1uK5h76n5extn4u5GOr7f-Onbqp3qk0rrhBRB_2SLqWkB4A8LxeaIvaAtra-isIFsq50ZYPo_qTbnsYm74p7n-wGW6c_MDiZzWqqOhfQ

We lounged around:

THswIhvAtkX-3hbbf0yMVLp2YJ4WLQRU75lfpydd_HnZQjNpLip7v7PYqS31b5N83CkoMLco1LzORqFJfQC4BTXLJgqZZeFTjtX3N4CjxUWqxl3AHAOxXNDzB8r0xzI3-NcdTA

j2PkTqNZtu16MJwqScneEcxQ8ED0bgQah1f5ekfRakhNskMrPiihtI_UWUYWpClB2IHOctcO1KUnFfGSRfZBkSERZAdhmUojy04nqVex0ZyTybg3kADQeOGo7qwSzgag3J2MQA

and then the kids treated us to a circus performance:

E61qj9jk--r-FXIR_J8nfDZr-4jvDWfzrHvZwylVfwNlh2vQQewWuMPZ8iYF9EPL6ua6GUiZzXABggACNyEqDWx-dnbYjhMaKBY_SDRfU6kvbiNXCVChVm0168D_FobDi4jfcA

4c2APRICQFRDhGT9hsB8mEtDS-7qdG3aYZaprwntVIY94bxo1aX9m9UXfjk4bGAGwKZ0slb8BzU3ihhzAqOQCGHWvhECWsmad8a_6fMyC_K1WOU4SGugZUli_xO6P9IOO7joBQ
TNfcDSBBCEFePgsakUe56V3x662QoDGpdBQ0PxMi3IQuCDlj3DnrTRnCKTG1ieIiilKdIWDZL0r_Sa3XXeMa7tv1Ow5858vZBLSvv8gVS3HhdWGIwQDpIMnI12SBopHsTBloVg

Sorry about the quality of the last handful of photos, but they really tell the tale! It is amazing to have the kind of space the grand villa provides, and all the amenities of staying on Disney property. It was more than relaxing to just chill out together and let the kids just play, no agenda, no FP+, no ADRs. Everyone went to bed rather early, as the next day we had our second rope drop at MK, and there was no way I was missing the welcome show. Foreshadowing? Hmmmm…. See you real soon!

I'm all caught up. You guys seem to be having such a great family trip. I have to say I love the pic of your dad asleep on the pavement at MK!! Only men & toddlers can do this, I need a real bed. Your scrapbook pages were super cute!

Right on! I'm glad the report has helped you in your planning. It looks like from your ticker that you have quite an adventure coming up, two resorts AND a cruise - wow! We actually were there in early June, and the crowds weren't bad. I'll also say that FP+ worked great for us, but again, we did have 10 park days so that helped.

I love planning just as much as the trip, because the trip goes so fast, but planning goes on for months. Speaking of planning, check out my new ticker! My mom and sisters and I are doing an adults only trip in September, and we were able to score a lakeview deluxe studio at the new Poly DVC!!! Squee! It took some work, I was waitlisted for a whole day and had to call twice, poor me ;) but we got it! I have a bunch of school work to do, but I should be back later with an update. Have a great weekend!

It has been so helpful and seeing your pictures makes me more excited to see it. We do have quite a trip planned! We are so excited and in full planning mode! The park hours for October should be out soon and we have a little over a month until ADR day.

I just saw your new ticker and wondered what it was for! So exciting!

Another great day at AK. Do I have this right: You can have 2 FPs for say Everest, take your 2 kids with you and say we want to do rider swap/baby swap and get 2 more? Not sure if I could make this work for us as I don't like big rides myself (and neither do the girls) but it is interesting to know.

What a shame you couldn't get on Kali because of the rain. :(

How nice to have a home cooked dinner and to be able to have so much room to relax in.

I'm all caught up. You guys seem to be having such a great family trip. I have to say I love the pic of your dad asleep on the pavement at MK!! Only men & toddlers can do this, I need a real bed. Your scrapbook pages were super cute!

Falling asleep pretty much anywhere is Papa's specialty! It was a great family trip, almost no tense moments or arguments. Two glorious weeks in paradise!

It has been so helpful and seeing your pictures makes me more excited to see it. We do have quite a trip planned! We are so excited and in full planning mode! The park hours for October should be out soon and we have a little over a month until ADR day.

I just saw your new ticker and wondered what it was for! So exciting!

I love ADR day! Do you have a lot of dining at table services planned? I'm glad you're enjoying my family's not so stellar photos, they might not be photographer grade, but they do tell the tale.

As for the new ticker, my mom and sisters and I are going for four nights in September and we're staying at the POLY! I was able to score us a Lakeview deluxe studios, thanks to DVC points! No other way we could stay there. We'll only go to Epcot (Food and Wine!!) and MNSSHP, then one day at Universal strictly for the two Harry Potter mini-lands. Super excited!

Another great day at AK. Do I have this right: You can have 2 FPs for say Everest, take your 2 kids with you and say we want to do rider swap/baby swap and get 2 more? Not sure if I could make this work for us as I don't like big rides myself (and neither do the girls) but it is interesting to know.

What a shame you couldn't get on Kali because of the rain. :(

How nice to have a home cooked dinner and to be able to have so much room to relax in.

I love being able to enjoy the comforts of home with all the amenities of Disney. Once again DVC is amazing!

As for baby swap, our FP+ holders (of which there were three) split up. One group brought up Clara, and got the baby swap passes which are like old school FP-. You get three of these and they are not tied to that particular date. Then the remaining FP+ holder presented Ryan, and we got three more baby swap passes. You can do this without FP+, but the first group will have to wait in the stand-by line, then the baby swap passes will get the others into the FP line.

Does that help?

It is strange that I am writing in the middle of the work day! I have a job interview today and had to take a full personal day to accommodate the "group task" and the interview itself. I am done with the group task, and it went really well, so now I need to ace the individual part. Wish me luck - it is a great opportunity. I will be able to post an update this weekend, so be on the look out. See you real soon!

It is strange that I am writing in the middle of the work day! I have a job interview today and had to take a full personal day to accommodate the "group task" and the interview itself. I am done with the group task, and it went really well, so now I need to ace the individual part. Wish me luck - it is a great opportunity. I will be able to post an update this weekend, so be on the look out. See you real soon!

Good luck :shamrock::shamrock::shamrock::shamrock:

A 2 Week Grand Villa Extravaganza! Day 5: Red, White and MK all over…

Day 12: Wednesday June 11– Resorts: OKW – Park: MK

Good news people! I was offered the job I interviewed for on Thursday! I currently teach HS math, am a Dean of Students for the HS/MS and the coordinator of assessment for the entire school district (which is incredibly stressful in education right now). The job I will most likely accept is “Innovation Coach” for my local BOCES (board of cooperative education services) that serves 7 school districts and 570 teachers. I will be coordinating high quality, “blended” learning experiences for teachers, that directly relates to their professional growth plans. It is really exciting and an opportunity to use my MS in educational leadership without becoming a building administrator. My current district also countered that offer with their own that is very interesting, but I think my heart is leading me towards the coaching position. Enough about my career…

Today we head to the Magic Kingdom for our second rope drop of the trip, and I was determined not to miss the Welcome show. The night before we had a chill, early night at our grand villa at OKW and the plan was to be up early so we could easily watch the Welcome Show. I was shooting for villa departure at 7:45, and weren't too off with leaving at exactly 7:52am. We strolled to the bus stop at the hospitality house, and waited for a bus. And waited. And waited. We were finally picked up at 8:23am! Grr… Regardless we made it to MK, and Caz and I took the four kids, without bags, and rushed front and center, just outside the turnstiles (FYI - I have a crazy number of pics today).

noHCaiTjkDXraRrUXonkxQjViwKUAo5Gk6BettGv8CM5GYjpRgNfCuR395N0B3ciAqJMVuLZEPBNyS4gDs5O6qmxUFnu8WadSlBYstHr2zIgwoGb19F_82XailCVU4foaD3I4T8

WJHL8o2x7A-Z7bhr-PpWJtLaAE3pllJlz5G1Onl1sMlC7QKw7jjudxJm2RxnmBssDRtytwVJ6lo-l0Dk-1stmH3mmeAWDA_guWl75P744DCiWDGf2R0pF3Yaof-OSrt-AFRo7k0

2tHEnGyn2Yhl-KkTDW1xC2-HT6z1EQU1J4cHVd4CQcY8mOax0DFEAitW12NbxiW6tYDZMUAHkXoHmTNjs8LKECnakpOQxXYlSvV9vK-MEQ8SG9ZHc12plBLJDkgsLdeXy1YU3N4

Yep, we were those parents.

frab4bS8voqgETppZ33CG22NmzyJ7HhCdx9XHVylGvTMQ1f7DA4yb-0sgSGE4woDxL2xpoc1auQqvGAZOIEJp7hAKR_Q51A6M40Fn8w6-NfAJb6UaYoKhLHodL16JI2KDSn7jtc

So this is where my plan backfires just a wee bit. Drea and my Mom were waiting to the side and as soon as the welcome show wrapped up, were able to make it to the tunnels under the railroad. Unfortunately we were not. It was a huge crush of people. Once again, my best efforts to get us to MK to maximize the first few hours may have gone awry. In the end it took us about 10 minutes to get into the parks. No problem. Next up - PP pics!

You may have noticed by now that the children were dressed in coordinating red, white and blue outfits, courtesy of Buszia. We were determined to get some quality shots of the kids in their darling outfits. We waited on Main St. for a PP photographer, while Caz went to get Starbucks. We were hoping to get some amazing shots of them in their finery, and there are some great shots of the boys, but overall I was disappointed…

EKh7VzPIYj6qs8pNJ9mFGy1ldfMzpgzUiJrSo02Q1dcJCyCiZJbWQOoba74tJoAmXYTC7FkLB8OtjWsqC7GbOXrVlbwlcZtgGWC6lOFk973JQ5RiXjcmEFWT2ty0cwHupd5k8MA

psimHO_RoQLXWWCuoGtywayV76AvMYz39NS5oc2buyt31gVCCMqYnWBhE_pNi835f6m0taawpgemyX0qIO_-v9HfUIFFQkbc2XgutUeq6eYB8gWy2ky4OYvogEC4pfnAowvthvM

e0E7gbXprLTmWkPoui_uiMZckuWKD0WBv76lxanfNKSiTn3PNJyMFal9Kl_z_FT_4Ci38GuV7WpvEhoKsEdtEan3pdsIYNsKwtaDUZX2yS3n8VL-nSaYn43ZcbtX45GyOrA_ipI

FYI: Papa was golfing this morning, hence his absence, and Brie was sleeping in...
uXcQeHa4QaszUhLQX7mXzDL9r_045IOGMTrWA-2KUEcq9uFSOJLK5VRaoukrUrn0wXUmwMD1Rlfmw8kHA9k_hGLrA5Pk_7nLHBoHCukNp82J0Pdlk3T9jXw5beqaXrGXezcv0BM

Our first FP+ wasn’t until 11:30 am, so we planned to wander over to Adventureland and check out the Jungle Cruise and other attractions . We waited a few minutes for Caz to catch up to us with the delicious iced coffee and the children ran around jubilantly:

kiKUQtETpSNj7UaRd-o_6mKAbDMKs-RMtCy_7nLk6YCbesDyU7p8j3rJHXldfQYzgbbXUo_FMPgofvtgvkrqCLQrWQBIwrEiFoeCnbqnEYEtJ9LVVdttbNIQ7C3TYuRw_nDtBtc

f_VsH8rBxN7e2wtLZDSr2B0b2qxvM9Pe2w9CNNYFl-bI3GvpG2eWbkZR-ebYj6atn28-9_UkBBWDw-BOe6A-_aSK1kz5qhDY5kwTQOR_chRow1WtOAM8UGdjpZpr5sfZwMyPlXY

iL3MWkURKVQhMPwwLyKtYSgH7x7Mzc3vo_Hk7Nz0gpdhcIQNXL12PfbmNbuWLBuX7UTrbEB3K57aLWVmmIjSqmsTzQE-ya4cl4U4QM0SVH2DRzj9zreQkcis5k0OiDrbaGIIqTk

Once Caz arrived with our life-sustaining caffeine, we walked right on JC. The kids look a little worn out here, despite their early night:

m7qL6zY0ckKdtU99lhD4IPArX4l-YasGz6C1fTulLH5fy30WvkFJjOdqvVyujxZqSPre28czngSZ2MlVSC9BlPb1CurRlCXopkdrVTKE_APCdOeDJQ7iV61ovqxL6_t7Oho_wOQ

b7mMg3vdQLbQBdIkop1u7GrARwLb9KHM-uemjzHqrhGyriJS-nKxk2GnZhEwy-NtlKmAKYhZrsWexH5e-8fcm8nfpZCvxBQJfwRqgCGPJ_xb7O-QGlNZYYou7fsaU4pLR2tK_-8

After our tour of the “backside of water,” we headed to the Flying Carpets of Aladdin (or whatever they’re called) once again with no wait…

0pIbaCM7z8wPzN2ScoSnTdmmrIZJm0YYJQmd8vLvbvD1cpFT4_BszO4HxCR8h8SSp2wuVO_Wmjeprd90V5FrOH-coAk-hr0UFEtKDn5HkRbkJ0v8XBdJiB5nZcTAuiu30fefuaM

repDN7fUdkI3Q44p_fgm0z2I5EXp19-obeE2vLRmHMox6Q-P4K1K8BQY4LAnTerzqJ7q-1oUI2KkrKvk7UodeMxRE44WZKongEMMNRxFul1L94x503fVm-xFPT2SSk_NGP1zt_U

And then we were off to PotC, where poor little Clara was still scarred from seeing the “yucky pirates” when she was just two years old… Long story short, but essentially Clara woke up from a nap at Papa and Buszia’s house and wandered downstairs to see the first PotC movie just at the spot where the pirates of the Black Pearl turn into skeletons. Bad dreams ensue…

j0HV3LsJ1nEK2ZqkAzs-ReL0yMz-qT6zWnBzmvV3XEk4Cj-xVwrKF4d_VidGTMZ1Iys8t20zARqSuFt0pjDSbYzqVC3hSpSoZkXt4ubNbX8FeBbNa_aWpQhOOGRYG8RKNetU6Z0

zG32eaQZBLBtrPN8-8ZQeXjJcWwMdUYu1b1xtLL6HQlYGRMNNzMFDUgM-uzaWZ-Ck-ThAaPke1uYD2i6MBAcV112aCI_OFpNGUi9JreUsAEUvx-vL72j-7SRy1u-gQogbYr88PQ

OdTWxBREpkztDQ4SrjNZeGNLHEAgODpvB141y5YCnJmgin2jeiRLFupLjbcV3OfHNxuTHneTOTbsXEYCnHJN7FyRjVBoeZtq30B-DkiEiPt-Gdai6cMJvInPAuVdqF27WYEHxHY

Awww… My baby is hiding her head. In fear. Parenting win!

ClEK_O6FP90XFLWo5x0jqohUBIuIQTJ1HEy-cMPn1MasLxPIz1OtAf-4DroPhtlUQ71RxFoPKshJwHEC6RSzInZJ9wosLDB4T6wLGYZxoe4JnEYgv4ltXIpuZxohgFMSVk1DqLk

We wandered around the area and enjoyed the neat props:

ItJNG3Kvnl1681nxK3q9XCO3B81JASMnRPrnqWV5bDJIizFDw7oiJ269XsqeUtrC-_x5KcWQDvLxGuNU6McQfcO0LnVWfkz_2cuiFXLcTfU-jNZTuYvkOxaVg_uDliMFq6QZDMg

L7kaMJgq_jxYOrGQ4N_uEo2ELA4LtIOneVGzqvFMDPJ7FP_An7dJHBZtpszIAcC2PUEpYvfUjgRR1PPAhKchvyK5rXhWOpEYk3sk786987cjice7LiD9fAcNN2hwgcd-uo5Kkl0

Drea snapped some great pics of Ryan and Eme…

s07Is11Gj6DwB6YWeA7JBR4ho3tds90uj1xdwUVghozao5b-AlPsvYpjVtKhkTssf-ToT6Kdfzob94vPidmsEwuBh_7P6cFgFlC6bfADrvHjycc3Eeno44V7q4sYKF2VSNFwJYM

We took a look at the MDE AP, and saw that the wait at HM was still a walk-on, so we headed over to tour the graveyard…

1_-TFarvGwfpUmV8asgw0zRvWvUYc2_l8zkBucGLQpWKPxRg1DDPKrkvAj0G0p-KvStMJfdN52v4fLHinKXnvucnRkVlo8jSIbs9VkKhpPQfPw0_zpLyZ3H9UuTM_DeZs4dGwGg

19Bq2FZqO6WSJKxtxwxksqlqL_F-8qlwJppXLhVuxobbKyKERegXjTQWH7U7Rti63CiNJ7CUouQw_WMhQ2hyuFuztu3Mmvj1-lK5CVIFfelveLOcKNKkLXaIYfT7ZB0PilPt8lo

Tf7jG8SfvKYvEwTU2o6S3E2Z8MsslWzp3SnVfIMb_jVVhSJU7qONKOVt9AYwRz2VlCxrZEbftmCQdQow1BxgKZPgy4Zeb07TbdUCb1FotcyG1jLxiXnv7X8PmtSDHJjiZYQ3qos

tcm6ifia_qmA9WawKPrBEujt6imb9X8HJ8LGecqgJ7bZf_3W_NUqopNWElRV2t9GQFBx9XA4EbzfzbRV5p1Ui4nmv-7A6DjhGKOJSmHh6Fv6qVorqlUOa6EFMP_ysABkKlfbMVs

At this point, Brie joined us and we headed over towards another Disney first for many of us… Tom Sawyer’s Island!

To be continued…. Probably next week - I still have to prep my calculus for next week afterall!

Hoping on, a little late. :) Loving your TR! My little will be 6 at travel and I enjoy seeing how the kids handle such a long trip and what strategies to use. We are booked for 17 days in late October into early November. Bring on the updates. Hehe

Hoping on, a little late. :) Loving your TR! My little will be 6 at travel and I enjoy seeing how the kids handle such a long trip and what strategies to use. We are booked for 17 days in late October into early November. Bring on the updates. Hehe

Smarter to join in later! You didn't have to wait for all my updates...

I think ensuring that you have at least one segment of each day set aside for relaxing is going to be key for a 17 day trip. How exciting! 17 days! No problems with FP+ there!!

Love all four kids in their red, white and blue! There are some great Adventureland shots here! Congrats on your job offer!

Love all four kids in their red, white and blue! There are some great Adventureland shots here! Congrats on your job offer!

Thanks, those outfits were just perfect for a day at MK! I'm super excited about my new job. It is an amazing opportunity right here in Northwest Colorado!

A 2 Week Grand Villa Extravaganza! Day 12: Red, White and MK all over, Part 2…

Howdy Friends! I hope April has been treating you well. Things are good here, we were in Michigan for spring break, where I was hoping to do a few reports, but time got away from me. While we were in Michigan, Eme and Josh made their First Holy Communion at my parent’s church. Both Eme and Josh were Baptized at that church, so it was only fitting. It was quite the event,as it took place Easter Sunday:

NRww5R0XHull8sDkQw9QBPda_64QnpA-c22HUP-hJAI1J07bK08iM9UFX6aKXYhklxpZaLeKGL9igX5G0_jwk-56VU8QZPXQobD2g5x7J2MyDJraBiwWoh7eYTApmaj1fZIS0A

Isn’t she just beautiful? My Mom and sister had her dress made from Drea’s wedding gown. Since she is divorced, it isn’t a treasured heirloom, so there you go. There’s enough fabric left over to make Clara a dress, too. That’s her wedding veil, too.

85RLoI3snTMFVP7dX2d0ne_9NW0xEG6fCPir84ZFGyejTOqcH4a64rWwnoxblOG8cZqwSxfKJ_KLHJdboiHALf3H0HCbbiw13I1DK3LAcNk24MQCcLimDRKEj0mo7apSAApJiw

Clara’s still having trouble posing for pictures…

MR-KMF9r9PcYPvpV6d53KAp4Ms9pEtvF4-ht4QbeZSsn0y7O_GYXqAwZXwhGsKW5fXg3mb6xT5p1pAxekPVgqPSzkCG3IujLmG4-DKIl4BCX6Da7A8rrbk033hvbbu_1qYbwpw

Alright, enough about real life - let’s get back to the report! When we last met, we had just wrapped up the Haunted Mansion, and were heading towards a first for many of us: Tom Sawyer Island. Buszia, Caz and I took the kids on the launch, while Drea and Brie stayed behind. In all my trips, I had never been to the island and I (along with the kids) was super excited. The boat was boarding as we arrived, and we climbed aboard:

5WFXE9269R3jfiJuI-eDPCMU-sM7f1EzdW3VWU-P5mxhAHkKN_h9lkgvgaINBlRASrmKXl8c-ht3MUGnJDshw3VXK3-byk4FAx_Ih5-nnlcz5YcAG1-5M6C6nM9dJGx7CGmjlQ

Once on the island, the kids had a blast:

OcMZD9i_xXQwZ0uuAJ4XAOoTVUmzf6B3-UO-p5Kbx1ERMPq8bS3SbIF5Q-2lbHXUZjC8Kb9xJ4sRjQbiZmpgVJk8XUmq66clHTULhf4nqvldFspOUs3QkXug9kV9Rplak1x9iQ

swY1V78zMYSjXQuYVoaKPVPGxT-HvZK7OPg0M1JZHld8j_5Ax_CEguHzr-ykg0kfeym12mtEUD2LE1GaSz9L1rgQZBNLeoFHL2_nxqO4C0cw6v86Rf0twd5WgPb-jdHcdQnY4g

Clara thought the caves and tunnels were stinky:

hq8tTMwBGOBTVwLtnJebLpNXy6x-8MT6eQtkYMz7wvKd4U-MYTnQ5PfsEnuVZzMKvmkUqZ4qWRwHcYHJyyvsSxi8OAxgjy6t2SFclatN8hnD31OL--45xlt6JFZULd77h1_Ilw

2UqcOZ1HmTi7f_mlMfNs-AZunaLIHQQyMaOtNy3q2bZOOy1QtsuEN1dL8-h5cMr11GUyvo3C-8UsK4R4SfgCkBrHEfrTmQ5ORxPN_WyJQ7cvzeK0w1cib5GFz_zUEqU6RFcPzw

bkUvvJMRP5uQybFNCV_freJecl868l_XTd7NRpIbHGKJLVvmpCuDBe7JznZL2FIuqq-RzoDUqsqQStNKwm_yBV6-86msaAEs3b88WB2edyzDNzSfSxo9B8jR-ShetYJqjhledQ

AnlIXC15vvkNtVwprr4Wo-3sHzUBFDYFzLqGuZ6Cpg6gtBt_VHNX3rxV4r6Wjjz7eTLA7uOLK0I35z9H8-JaYRjpPfhvlmtN0ZQREbNL3elKOpS4uSsIRX6NIRNBNXC3GSnNOA

We headed to the fort:

VvIVicbqMYBwncQTRuNbb3JYzhgPldHpY9_flanivfO2aur0kG-qUsBt2BnMeDhRaQQeiAiG7kug3FaATOQReP71qBe_zqvscTbpvuFptSs--D-wRybnZM6nS-caCpGKQaDYhQ

Josh enjoyed the rifles:

GM1ghfSIe1RYRhgu_nugw0v5-2PqWmwvmgjLT9S3QIuCYLyzu_I3IuTieYDNv1EF5ZJKdjZ8MpMQkT2xdKx8mKaThAioJvi4Y-lCPQj9jR4M1BY7uKc6ief4InzElPLyrTON4w

keu-qhk2RcY2kA1dMOagV5D5G99HwlmXECvn8HLwErXwahfygb0cXoCNwFaqic-dsXcBd6Q3MgS-dlGMsKrrze7izfjlpaVRt8S1fM6XZpy8fK-uXAo3ZH1vvIwI7hM8_kJSuA

The littles and I found a quiet place to relax in the shade- it was a HOT day! Sunny too…

yClWRuvLVewdGZa1mxBLjaFCDDvLVYMnt4QG6A1EbZbAudyF_4KtCy175z-VD7VZwFfmfgXkoGkeAL-QE9diXnmfW20-1WUhBhyT6nkJsbZfsYjNM5w_aZPiXckwvcAVzIQ6-Q

h6_nD8LP68sJmtHG6xydKT_xsn_jiH5RD7eHSx-L_pLQ0OUUcX2vysrRkDbPhfyx-I4S7gdcsPdFHylmIVHUzFUl02VbPgBh9JPS3XYLlgR6wBi5k4U8fSDpPu4TqUFBjIvylw

vLNuRuDQI4_qzfjdcAeqGjtK6gBITppDgyX4b4RDUv2qbeFFibv6vqIiQQrCQCURehjAMa_sUCcmhIfIZSw7vN1a2f8rwkdoAilYAGJoLZ7rpm84CbfU65uh_-ockTqAsgXhig

I think we spent about an hour on the island, and the kids loved every minute of it! This “attraction” is a must do for me from now on (at least when the kids are with me). Back on dry land, it was time for lunch. Pecos Bills was close by so we ordered and then found a table in the crowded restaurant:

hehBWCpsoP0BZXDJNxWLREEfwTzOBnZ9Z8e7hxViZWzd9KiQwnPd7H3G1TEQxLLboeL0jmfN97mb8Z2V6-zNezYfqvrcQt2wull8KLtl3e-vRjhqRYirb_6zvf2N7fT_knlHKQ

TF869XWIZAzqFtXecj2QFC7Bay6J--wp3DMPwRq3oeq8aZo4Ulvd-jZ2HvLxBoZ8VaBmr8geHqEi2WpPUUbecOeKOa5p-qCHiZHiIMBTP74ykRLXzCRjbabKuFOCs0pbS4xaMA

h69dPnvq5uP1QTcnqCXQ4DEFdHbIbrFr1yqzvwDsWiLWeIz2hFFhsj0Qj1v_L2buUAABGHGsZDhzPTH-5EfSdk78ZCVwYrFANIwV1gHNPHoo88tKzhiFg7z7yvkWKCJTrPD8IQ

Unfortunately, it started raining while we were eating lunch. Gotta love the Florida weather! It was brilliantly sunny less than an hour earlier. Our first FP+ of the day was for Splash Mountain, and sure enough it closed - there was a bit of lightning and thunder, too. We got an email from MDE telling us that we could ride it any time after the ride re-opened or choose from a selection of other FP+ experiences. We decided to wait and try to ride Splash later in the day. To pass the time, we headed to the Country Bear Jamboree:

I3yF17f22pBQ5xpzTBLvKXvuePxLGRmoXtDPHnYjnxKzm7Wk78Unq6IAYkfjgQNxznI8OfPXg3j0OrV7L_jnfLVybS9Z68EBQgphXN1AivourVmzj15mm1l8ELeyggohrRTTog

Adorable brother love:

eaTQ8hJrBp1MWSpbfEVdRa_S89bHeGktZm0A0BddKw8ZtabsSI16uXfJsb1GpSrvPtU0EUGwhWKNr43Y76CofPDZXtr8wBmIBoRYsgDJtqRikwI8YUR4FfiLH_yJkN0q_kcGsg

RoNvzTAERnsuV_iCNKrcFSL2F3BMIjslZPUAS2ygEZHLTvl3eFgs2NkLvJKV2Y9vhOMizL1eCIWG-P8RhPJwEpeFNtgmC9apwNOL8v5VTp2OYlae5XoFcb3sNv1Oet868mxOQQ

jy9cExQn_qQw2qf6bQuqUAaenutuX78fdVeGcGa0nVWtSWK5jXhZGuCSgJMsYeDJYKTkTZmjecF1YbqGvV99qVAB7AhChrtbcH2YTOqN4LzDRY_AUAgRK61xmWKh0VI27CSTIw

Papa finally joined us after his golf outing, and it was time for our second FP+ at the Haunted Mansion. Josh, Eme and Ryan wanted to ride together, so we thought, why not? Well, apparently this is frowned upon, and they stopped the ride and they had Caz join them. There were FOUR of them in their doom buggy, and I was left all alone. Oh well. The ride stopped for a few minutes, and I was right by the bride in the attic:

er121dzEku_j5Oac-o2EXgPmJ7IqGQQBlN7QIwUaeAlq7Gy5QSmDTBlLGnO9f3FCczmsrziJpIxidBKPnZWRL_mJyphAm08iA3ILW7Vx1IybGszH_zB0dpvqLKb6SkNY2PD6_Q

We have quite a few pictures over the years at this spot, in particular one with my Grandpa back in 2004, so a group pic is always a must do...

Ow1MXalN703CzdfatIsUOiOMsRPjC6Gr-7W9v0Bc3m7FDnFjFGnNyVy36TcJ_lKlSY__8weefIcKo3k9g0gNZYYALJ4vncJnDkNxQIDGuoJLf3vi8FX8bbNEIrIvjlf1b0zD7Q

That wraps up part 2, but I think I’ll be back soon with the final installation of day 12. See you real soon!

Last edited:
Nice update. We have still never been over to Tom Sawyer Island...something we will have to try this summer!

A 2 Week Grand Villa Extravaganza! Day 12: Forgotten at Ohana’- The day our family was left behind…

I told you I’d be back with an update soon, and at the rate I’m going, a week later is pretty soon! Last week I was home with a sick Clara, and this week once again poor little Clara has a high fever - I’m thinking it’s an ear infection. Anyways... I think day 12 was tied for my most favorite day of our trip (with about 4 other days) so I’m excited to write about the last part of our day. I really feel that it exemplifies a Disney vacation: unexpected weather, delays, chaos and mistakes, but overall- great memories. After the last update, I am psyched to wrap up day 12. So let’s delve into why the rest of day 12 is so unusual. Or not, depending on how you view your Disney vacation.

After our FP+ at HM, it was time for another at Space and the Tomorrowland Speedway. Once again, we maximized the use of baby swap to get a get additional quick rides on SM. Brie, Drea, Buszia and the kids went on the speedway. Josh was super excited to ride on his own, as he is quite tall for his age:

8u63sAbsBQYZH6ctiPMcS6d-Me4rqAFQS5RuUVDV3-yDVi-Y_KcHo4tT1htkUlU1-2BgJWDBpC4SO_t7ADurwx6u9UZNnUqh5D0KsboQy9MdweMPBXx5tPC229VV0y2smYsEtw

Iin the meantime, Papa, Caz and I tackled the Mountain:

lNeohH4VTW8VgKYcRy6PMzS4cCeb-JCUg4sq_xpOcVf9PgOi_MY26Kuy_sJvb6Ca7I5p1NSW9PvAinyQmEdOsSZH2W_lhqbdzU6Ujxh1uFCe4rRv-rMJVt4BAo8K0iSgQx3DXg

I know that the Speedway seems like a waste of space to some people, but boy, do my kids love it! Brie actually bypassed SM because she wanted to ride with Eme because she smiles and giggles for the whole drive:

Din0hw-p7gGkRfrMrba6qQj9YNydLqdq9ubrZ94W9KGSn-_URSMooz9mSFopctDEW5v5rAuapUBdvlprJ4BbC06ikafLwDjkOVKgDHc6_cX7j-eDAidYMJmEY9-6396MMeqMpA

wTROp9L_EYCqGT38y9wym72jo6jBVKyNnll1i4OKkbfjLo6Tf6Aoe1-yhX5Gs_8wh1fqZPiNy7ube38_jgD5mNCeEBDw1xSXSNoNw2nrWd9ydknzJyBE9as5lhLhr6XnaVNg9A

Talk about joy!

eaxVE2wzIUzTTLkdT5FhIFKCYh-oO-odtrz6LdUlC5AWq2MPEeHlPuIGHs87eHOL7wEI_UKy2v_gO59jX12vb4yaf5VOwiv7JGwO1NcyIiuXnSBVoo9JmeHRlvyp0z6FIrLERw

Uh, oh… Look at those clouds:

xqNGQQfwDtC0O93a1QaWgFjijmKYLSzMs5qvBE0Uc6753rhT9aOdtlgFRnCFOFAH305H37tMfR3LOIAYyZ2ADzhyQ7EzvH65wffAIJpp-sgzY04DcHGlQl2JRpH9cJZpABnC1g

Right as the ride ended, the skies opened up and it started pouring. It went from sunny to crazy storm in the matter of minutes. Gotta love that Florida weather. Caz and I waited out the storm browsing in the store at the end of the ride(where I used the cell phone charging locker to charge up my phone- it was super cool and very easy to use), while Papa braved the weather to go retrieve the stroller that was holding all the rain gear. Everyone was drenched, but luckily we stashed extra clothes in the park bag for the kids. So we got the kids changed, then Drea, Buszia and Brie headed back to OKW to change into dry clothes. The FP+ line for SM was super long (probably because of other delayed FP+ for outside attractions closed due to the weather), so we took the kids to the Carousel of Progress. The kids were big fans! After the show, the line for Space was much shorter so Papa and Caz took Eme and Josh on SM:

eJKHBoixrbIZ9wvMhxRJ2LUyjczDMQjhuy8AFj_tj92y6OPmGIGpU1C-f-P_ueJQ0pzUosxzCJFgpCJelrKYp7xXrzpRYeeMhVImggziamCvdwoohdj6a27xJB1H9vNfxENr8w

hmKmn7gROlaz5bglZhqTigLSUmzD4_UUOhPbdSCMousH9iTj_5vUY5TMN7Yb9Y2yBIaKgEqQQOJsyJbaeplJ4MIdDIzKA_DqdQO33WCuvJY9VwP1NpNCcyEa9FYOFG4od7GRJA

I stayed with the littles and got them popcorn:

HlrbrFHeSEFfqlFPjYTNTvu69ig7qZ2xeWxR0Ram_I8XbxGRaceKitN9Ph9h6NkWBb2P7hFK9gEyQIFcwDL9x3x8_jO6QgLtBF3uN8M7RprRCQcHQO9TSMMhuPPUlv8AovyAYg

With the weather, we still weren’t able to ride Splash, and none of the alternate FP+ seemed attractive, so we took the kids to the Monsters Laugh Floor attraction. We almost walked into the show, but were stopped right at the front of the queue. No problem, the kids enjoyed the props while we waited!

6PLcjNoBjghmLcTBE0Bfus8iPKBo2yjz9otS28cQWoylxXbj-q-inFjq7qxCRocuWxn9Gj5BxbzcHsSzMzIisBoWcY7ubuiHT6i3pG_gV54PiGD-IUvKgPjrjja5QxxgSL3ioA

After the show, we headed out of the park as it was time for our 5pm ADR at Ohana’. Andrea, Buszia and Brie met us in the waiting area on the second floor of the much walled up Poly. We got there nice and early and checked in, beeper in hand. By this point it was pouring outside, and all of us were crossing our fingers that the rain would let up so that after dinner we could head back to MK to ride Splash and then use the fourth FP+ I picked up before we left the park (Winnie the Pooh). As we waited, Caz and I got our much anticipated Lapu-Lapu’s:

rF-Zmc3knzEWrrSuUkFTgbedmpfDWvcDCoOAnjQcjPjdwIVXTLHSCaDCS_CziQFi7MFVxbvSrIglCVSHgFGG3_gG60BPQAI13w5Erwn-dFqMmo-rklMN_iHlhf7PKQGS7PggMQ

5pm came and passed, and other families and groups were being seated, but not us. My my was getting impatient, so she had us check with the front desk that we were to be seated soon. They assured us that we were due to be seated shortly. This happened multiple times, and everyone was getting antsy… The kids were doing great, playing a game with little umbrellas:

7NY34dVUvWj3RBuGeEyJMxEJyiqPwmtpmTcsaHChdcOODOsIu8woM0XMbJOvmbxB98MEUEmHxKPpKmlixf2rVsCdUInqzd2xZ87pLRN3pA1Vv2jby-oTZ56ixYZUHFrijVt5VA

We inquired again and again, with the CMs assuring us we’d be seated soon. At 6pm (an hour after our ADR), the waiting area was empty, save for us. At this point the CMs fessed up that the we were somehow overlooked. WHAT?!? Apparently the restaurant was now at 100% capacity and we couldn’t be seated until about 6:45. My mom went ballistic and asked to speak to a manager after the hosts copped a “what do you want us to do attitude”. Everyone else was in good spirits, though.. I have an awesome video of Brie dancing around the completely empty waiting area that I will try to figure out how to post. To pass the time, the hostess and Drea took the kids to participate in the coconut races and gave them lai’s:

0pVs0KD9a5jbHcy1ycSQAfmoqul50XgKBM55TFxGC5OqcKG7QoHpeffGPNY4cw8711UJVe882_qWeWz8464KVh6uqQbnn82rkSLUUvMYl1O6WQg-zJyAHC2sKLEOt47zzTyiVg

The kids continued to play in the waiting area, Clara enjoyed her new lai’s and entertained us with her hula dancing:

-kAk_o8xKTPPVwCvatolxYEGPwWRTpotB2T60ogZsknAJKMQCvBR8lLEfzap_3rGY0tfmHnEdsM82nnXpv3phbnekjhya7E1B3iQ6ueKSOMCCtIrpiMnSCQvzBAHMtzykTDImA

Ry-guy snuggled his Brie-Brie:

EXomEaalx77Hsgj-Rb4U7H0HLP6zG66mUe7rPfe36PARRTc2E4MkU_CNsqOafqPYIl5ORjZj8el4yTytlqLZCAHy1MTS4fEpcYjCxGKS9CnBIkDFUlLCArn7aqfBxyscCHZx7Q

While everyone else rolled with this unfortunate oversight by Disney, Buszia was not happy. In the end, we spoke with both the restaurant manager and an assistant hotel manager. To make up for our lost time, and the fact that going to MK after dinner wouldn’t be feasible after our late dinner, they gave us three transportation delay passes that were like old school FP- which we could use at any attraction we wanted. These became known as our “golden” fastpasses, and how to use them was a topic of discussion for the remainder of our trip. This gesture really made up for waiting almost two hours for dinner. Finally seated, they expedited our meal and drinks:

FNE-qLrLuHAM8PfGEb74i5BsgibEKKiypHGDdOy-4j9mt27HRxZ79kQj3yRHq9dJ1CRrOjNB4YubAh-Tvhd-xvV_Cyg8zzvPC7u7KpWPJxiw-GZP2TFkS9kLRKqSUKfat_lXbw

8QLiye___3hXnXebhPLHh61pzbmv5soDE5gqwtqbT9O9OHtYqQwg0nNRzRAtPu9yM1MEGHne3gDrp51ot3BAVe3OlyjhdWJJEL3Ut0pBFOgcXFFU5vLMBPs54YseeVZZY5S1BA

6vxcNiVZtTwAPYGtFRa-J2KP49O5MEMMWzAyO-xdwHnRJZ0eizCfh8NarmGLyAH4ky9_G4FTNda8PalEbe4l6qUC4ItO4_3Vg9nIWelrrej7nzZpOySP_ifoO00JSYY8Zvc1yg

We found out when the meal ended that they were comping it! Score. This is a perfect example of Disney’s customer service. We all left satisfied, and feeling that we should’ve ordered more alcoholic beverages! Back at the GV, it was time to pack to move to our final resort of the trip: VGF!!! We had a lock-off 2 BR lakeview unit booked, which with the pull down beds sleeps 10. We got the kids to bed early, but Eme woke up disgruntled at around 11pm. She didn’t have a fever, but was shaking uncontrollably. I think the in and out of the A/C, the rain, the florida heat/humidity and then the stagnant air (even with the fan) in the bedroom just put her “cooling” system out of whack. I was so worried she was getting sick! It was day 12 of a vacation in a germy area, after all, with no sick kids up until this point. I was really hoping she’d be fine, especially since the kids had a great adventure planned for them the next morning…

Eek! Will she be fine in the morning? Time will tell... See you real soon!

That's a bummer about the Ohanas wait, but awesome that dinner was free!

I'm looking forward to seeing VGF!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter