A 10 day stay -- is it relaxing or too long?

ladyandthescamp

Earning My Ears
If you stay for 10 days is it a bit more relaxing than 7 days? Do you have enough time to see and do pretty much everything plus enjoy the hotel? We're hoping to really "take in" some of what the CBR has to offer this time around.

Ladyandthescamp, you're going to get a lot of different answers on this one. I have spent 3-1/2 weeks in WDW and found that it was not enough. I just returned from an over 2 week vacation and it was not enough. I guess for some of us, we just can never get enough of that good ol' Disney magic. ;)

By the way, with a longer vacation, you are definitely going to get more time to stop and smell the roses. I hope you have a wonderful vacation.

We stayed 10 days in February at Beach Club Villas. Really enjoyed the extra time - very relaxing. We saw everything we wanted, plus had time to just poke, sleep late, sit around the pool, etc. If you can do it, I highly recommend it!

Of course, it was just the two of us. Ten days with small children might be a bit much ;-) Don't know what your situation is!

Lin

I always get so excited when someone replies quickly to my post! so thanks to both of you!

We do have a DD 8 and DS 6 so I'm hoping 10 vs 7 might actually let THEM enjoy much of what Disney and the hotel has to offer while keeping my DH and myself a bit relaxed as well.

We just returned from a 10 day stay at the Poly and in my book it wasn't long enough. The extra days allow you to take your time and do things you might not have time for with a commando style vacation (we have done both!). We spent a lot of time at the pool in the afternoons because it was 95-96 degrees and too hot for much else. It was nice not to stress that we were "wasting time" by not going to a park, show etc. You'll want to factor in non-theme park times at the water parks, Downtown disney, off site attractions (horrors!); allowing yourselves the time to just enjoy each day is great. We have a list of things that we did not get to do this trip.....rather than be upset, those things we missed this time will go to the top of our "to do" list for our next trip :D

We just returned from a 7 night stay at the Poly and it was NOT enough time! There were so many things that we missed, mostly because there is SO much to see and do, plus we have a 19 month old DS who needed a nap in the afternoon. Oh who am I kidding? We ALL needed some down time to get our energy back up for an evening in one of the parks. Our next trip is scheduled for October 2005 and we're planning to be there 10 days this time. I hope your vacation is truly magical! :D

we are leaving for 11 nites in july, we usually do 10 nites, but we also spend 1 day each at IOA, USF,SW, so we have little time to dawdle. unless your really laid back types, were not, you will start every day with "we'll just hang around tomorrow" and end it with "where do you want to go tomorrow". either way you will come home dead tired and totally broke. have fun

Not long enough! We usually go for 10-12 nights twice a year and it still isn't enough. Boring? No way! It is most certainly relaxing. We stay at the Poly which is wonderful for those down days.

Originally posted by Janet2k
Ladyandthescamp, you're going to get a lot of different answers on this one. I have spent 3-1/2 weeks in WDW and found that it was not enough. I just returned from an over 2 week vacation and it was not enough. I guess for some of us, we just can never get enough of that good ol' Disney magic. ;)
I have to agree with Janet, we spend more than 2~months in the MAGIC each summer ~And still NEVER tire of the place! We move around, and visit a few different places...but the majority of our time is spent on DISNEY property. ::yes:: Each summer, after more than 8 weeks...no one wants to leave. :rolleyes: We just love "VACATION"...and if we did not have to work, we'd all be on a PERPETUAL one! :hyper: (LOL).

Enjoy your stay! :goodvibes

:wave2:

We did 10 days once and the 3 ds were asking when we were going home because they missed their friends. Geez!! Now we do about 8 but they are well planned and we do all the parks, water parks etc. Its also about all we can afford now in the budget while still staying on site, eating where we want etc. Any disney day is a :D day!!

We were there for 9 nights last summer and while I wasn't crazy about leaving, I wasn't all that unhappy. Of course that could be because I knew I was coming back again. After 4 trips we don't 'sense the urgency' anymore. We love going for longer trips. That way we treat the resort we are staying in as a 'resort' and not just a place to sleep after going to the parks all day.

we usually go for at least 3 weeks every summer......
and we are always sorry to leave at the end...
this summer we'll only be at WDW for 10 days (plus another 4 on a disney cruise)......10 days is way way way too little for us....
there is so much to do....the parks (which we only go to in the mornings....), the waterparks, fishing, boating, biking, riding, golfing, etc etc etc.....

my kids love WDW so much they can't wait to be old enough to work there.......of course, if they work there they'll never be able to afford this sort of vacation...but if you can't dream when you're young, when can you dream....

We always stay 10+ days. The first few times we had go to WDW we came home exhausted. Having the extra days we alternate one day at a park/ thenext by the pool or water park.

It's nice to sleep in or wake at your leisure and rest your feet legs for a day! Go resort hopping later in the day.....

You'll love it!

I am still in the "return to reality depression" that always kicks in after a WDW vacation. We were there for 18 days and worried that maybe even for a Disney diehard like me it would be too much. NO Way!! We spent most of our time soaking up the resort atmosphere at both the GF and BWI. Of course with 2 children it will be a bit different but will give you time to do things like Mouseboats, lots of pool time, water parks. CBR has lots of atmosphere to offer and I think 10 days will let you savor lots of it!!!

Originally posted by minster22
I am still in the "return to reality depression" that always kicks in after a WDW vacation.

I understand completely!!! It starts for me the day before we leave WDW. But I see your planning the next! So that helps a little.

When we first started visiting WDW we used to go for 7 days which we always felt wasn't enough time and we would feel tired when we got home. We extended our vacations to 10 days (sometimes 11 or 12 days) and found these longer vacations to be more relaxing. We don't rush around to make sure we see everything and we have time to visit our favorite attractions more than once. We also take plenty of time to relax and sit by the pool and we don't feel like we are missing out on anything because we have more time.

Everyone is different. :) We almost always stay for 6 nights. On the one trip that was 8 nights we were all more than ready to go home.

I've never stayed longer than a week so I can't really imagine, but I tend to go non-stop even for a week, which gets really exhausting. I brought my 4yo and met my sister at WDW in Feb and told myself after that trip that I either needed to take shorter trips or add some down time into the schedule, and that was a slow time of the year when the parks close early.

When I go with my whole family my DH and my children are more than happy to have a relaxed schedule, but I have a hard time with it since I can rest at home. I want to see everything.

If you are really going to build some down time into your days I think that 10 days would be nice. We'll probably never do that, though, because we'll either fly down for a quick trip and if we have more days we'll drive and end up spending those days in the car.

Have fun! T&B

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter