A ‘Bittersweet’ Dream: {Disney Dream 9/16-9/19}

1lilspark

DIS Veteran

One of the things on my Disney Bucket List has always been to go on a Disney Cruise however compared to other lines my family couldn’t justify the cost.

{Just to put things in perspective this trip cost about the same for a 3 night inside then the 7 night guaranteed balcony on Princess Thanksgiving week 2014}

Anyway, so my sister is getting married and we kept trying to figure out ideas for a Bachelorette party for her however the other girls in the bridal party were not communicating with me at all as far as planning goes so I asked my sister if she’d mind me planning a ‘sister’ thing and then if there was time we’d do a group thing later.

We FINALLY settled on this cruise, the time would be perfect and as an added bonus it was a Halloween Cruise and my sister is a Halloween junkie.

After 2 weeks of going back and forth however it seemed like all was lost and the only rooms listed were Deluxe Family Suites which were WAY out of our budget. I’d been all set to look at availability that weekend at a Deluxe resort at WDW since we have APs and the cost of a room + food would be somewhat comparable to the cruise when I checked one final time and there was ONE inside cabin listed…

It was Fate.

I placed a hold on the room and after a quick double check the cruise was booked.

We were so excited doing research here on the boards we knew to book Princess and Frozen tickets….we looked at past navigators to get a sense of what we wanted to do and well everything was perfect…. Until it wasn’t.

Her fiancé’s mother had been very sick and suddenly the Thursday before we were to leave she went into hospice.

Things escalated quickly after that as we went from 5PM shopping at Target making embarkment day plans while picking up last minute items to 10PM where I was in hysterical tears having to make the toughest choice of my life…

Cancel the trip and most likely eat up the cost or see if with having insurance we could transfer things over so my mom could go in her place.

We managed to transfer things over however I couldn’t sleep Thursday night… partly because of the anticipation and partly because I wondered if I made the right choice or if I was being selfish.

--

Next Post: Come Sail Away

Oh gosh I send you prayers and a great time, my father just died suddenly last month and we booked our cruise last minute to get away from all our sadness. Bittersweet for sure .

Oh gosh I send you prayers and a great time, my father just died suddenly last month and we booked our cruise last minute to get away from all our sadness. Bittersweet for sure .
Same here. We had a horrible time after my father died unexpectedly. My husband was also super stressed at work. We decided to book a last minute cruise just to take us away to our happy place. We were planning on waiting another year or two but we needed something to look forward to. I'm so sorry for your loss :(

It was my brother in laws mother who I personally have never met. I also really should finish my report hmmm

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter