• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

;-( _------------- Updates Post 48-51------------

Thanks for the advice. If no one wants to keep seeing updates or whatever I can keep it to myself. I dont know if its good to post whenonly 3 people read it.

Anyways here are more

December 02, 2007 at 07:55 PM CST
It truly is a miracle! Today are eyes were filled with tears of joy as Aaron sat up for the first time in nine days. Yes, he actually was sitting in a special electric chair. The first thing Aaron did was show off to the nurses. He lifted both of his arms up and showed them his guns. He held the position for at least 20 seconds with us cheering him on. Then he took his left hand and put it on the pose of his right arm gun. I asked him if he knew that I, -removed- loved him and he nodded his head in the YES position. When we were ready to leave, I asked him for a kiss good bye and he dropped his head toward me, then -removed-and in the direction of his dad. When we said Good Bye, Aaron put his hands down and tried to stand up and leave with us. -removed- told him that he would have to stay for awhile. It was the most beautiful sight in the whole wide world. Please keep sending your positive energy and well wishes, because now we know that he understands what is being said to him. Our prayers have been answered and every day great miles stones are being made. Even though Aaron is making great progress, the visitors are still only limited to immediate family. I will let everyone know when it is okay for him to have other visitors.-removed-would like to personally thank everyone for their support and may God Bless all of you and your families.

Sorry I forgot to copy the date.

I just spoke to -removed,Aaron with be moving to the -removed, part of hospital name- sometime today. Last night after all of his exercise, he was pooped and was fast asleep. Today he was getting into trouble with the nurses by trying to pull his tubes out. They had him up this morning and by late morning, he was pooped again. They are going to try and take some of the tubes out today. Yeah!!!!!! He is making great strides and I will update everyone later this evening. I will let everyone know when he can have visitors and to what room he was moved to. Thanks for all of the well wishes and prayers and we will be reading them to Aaron tonight

can you keep posting the updates i like reading them because it shows how a bad story can turn better also only because 3 poeple respond doesnt mean only 3 read it if you look 347 people read this

Ok bird,

I just checked on the site and I didnt see anything yet, I'll check again now.

Hang in there. I do not visit the community board all that often, but will try to check in on you and Aaron.

Hugs and prayers sent your way.

Ive kinda forgot about the bad stuff and now im just looking forward to Aaron's recovery. Anyway here are the latest updates...

Oooops sorry about that....

Here they are....

14 December 04, 2007 at 02:21 PM CST
Last night, Aaron wanted to get out of bed in the worst way. He kept us and the nurses busy all night long. Aaron is more aware of whats going around him because they have reduced the amount of medication. They will be moving him to another room today. They had to wait for a person to sit in his room 24 hours a day, so he does not run down the hall. He is responding very well to verbal commands and is getting stronger everyday. His temperature is down along with his blood pressure. He still has the Trek in with the mask over it for breathing, but they will wean him off of it in the next couple of days. He will still have the feeding tube in, but they will limit the doses to four times a day, just as if he was eating a meal. Because his mouth is wired shut, we do not know if they will remove the feeding tube. He still has a IV so they can give him pain medication. He still wants all of the tubes and Trek out so they need someone to watch him 24/7. All and all he is doing great, but is confused as to watch is going on. We are very happy with his progress, especially when he responds to our verbal commands. Keep sending your well wishes and prayers, because they are being answered. Please take a moment to say a prayer for -people that died in crashes- Family for today is going to be especially hard on them. Take Care and God Bless each and everyone of you.

Red is stuff removed, it was a hard day since that was the day the other girl died I think.

15 December 05, 2007 at 08:14 AM CST
Aaron was moved out of the ICU unit yesterday. They moved him to the -removed-. removed-still ask that the only visitors be immediate family for now. Aaron needs a nurse in his room 24 hours a day to make sure he leaves the tubes in and he does not get out of bed. He was very active yesterday, all day, so last night he was really pooped out. Sleeping very peacefully. Now we are in the waiting phase of his recovery. Only rest and time will aid. The next step will be to move Aaron to a Rehabilitation Facility. We still do not know when that will take place. Yesterday, -family members name removed- were asking questions to Aaron and he was responding, but was confused as to what has gone on in the past 12 days. Everyday is positive and there is progress. Aaron is very blessed to have all of the support and prayers from the community to guide him in his recovery. Thanks for all of the support and may God Bless each and every one of you and your families.

16 December 06, 2007 at 08:00 AM CST
Today it is with a heavy heart that I post this update. Aaron is doing wonderfully with his physical recovery, but last night was the first indication that Aaron has to deal with the emotional aspect of what has happened to him. His bed is directly across from a mirror and as we sat him up, he looked directly in the mirror and as the tears fell from eyes we knew that he is truly understanding when we say he was involved in an accident and the reality that comes with that statement. This is all positive, but sends you on an emotional roller coaster because of the real reality of the accident. To help Aaron through this, I showed him a picture that always brings a smile to my face when I enter his room. It is one of his best friends, friends names removed-making a funny face in this picture from this past summer and one that all three of them were showing their guns. For the first time I saw a big smile come to his face and I knew that through the power of his family, friends and prayer, we will have the strength to help him through this. Hopefully today, Aaron is going to be sent to -hospital name removed-which is by college named removed- and is a Traumatic Head Injury Rehabilitation Center where is will begin both physical and emotional therapy to aid in his recovery. So I ask that each of you send a happy story that you have shared with Aaron, so when we read them to him, it will bring that exact smile to his face that the pictures did! Our prayers have truly been answered! Thanks for all of your prayers and continual support! God Bless each of you and your families.

17 December 06, 2007 at 11:56 PM CST
Today, we had more positive news! Aaron will not be moving to Hospital name removed-tomorrow. They assessed Aaron's condition and he will be staying at -the same hospital he is at-. He will be moved to the -floor removed-which is the traumatic head injury rehabilitation floor. Aaron's progress is so great that they will be treating him at an intermediate rehabilitation area. They will be working with Aaron for three hours at a time to prepare him for going home. Today they had Aaron in a wheelchair three times. Tonight when I was pushing him around the hospital, we stopped at the Family Center so the people that helped pray for him could see how well he was doing. For all the people that have been to the family visitor center, you all kinow that it is close to the front doors. Aaron's quote to me was "GO", "Lets GO", which meant he wanted me to keep going out the door so he could go home. This is probably the most frustrating thing for him, that everyone that comes to see him leaves and he has to stay behind. Also, once the feeding tube and Trek come out, he will be able to communicate to us what he wants or needs. Once we know the rules for visitors on the floor he is on-of the rehabilitation wing, we let you know who can visit Aaron. At this time, we will have to leave the visitation for immediate family members only. The funny stories will come in hand over the next couple of days when he is becoming more aware of where he is and what has happened to him. Great progrees is being made and our prayers are being answered. I am still amazed that it will be two weeks tomorrow when the accident happened and where Aaron's progress is today. I am reminded everytime that I visit him that your prayers are being answered and it truly is a miracle. -family of Aaron- and all of the family members would like everyone to take a moment to say a prayer for all of the nurses, doctors and staff at hopital Aaron is at-for all of their help, devotion and dedication to their professions. Aaron would not be where he is today without their help. Keep sending the well wishes, positive energy, funny stories, and your special prayers Aaron's way and before long you will all be able to visit him. Thank you and and May God Bless you and your families.

I would like to let everyone know that Aaron is home now. His mouth is still wired shut.

I look to see if there is an update...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter