9AM Flight from MCO...

jfs9900

DCL
I know flights before 12 are not recommended. I personally have been able to make it as early as 10:15am for a flight post cruise out of MCO without any real stress.

I was just wondering if anyone has books, and made it, successfully for flights at or prior to 9AM from MCO after their cruise.

I know flights before 12 are not recommended. I personally have been able to make it as early as 10:15am for a flight post cruise out of MCO without any real stress.

I was just wondering if anyone has books, and made it, successfully for flights at or prior to 9AM from MCO after their cruise.

I really think that it is unreasonable to expect to make a flight that early.

We have made a 10:40 flight but I would not do it again....9:00 would be just crazy!!!

MJ

I know it has been done earlier but I dont go any earlier than noon.

Clint

Hi
Meet a couple 2 cruises ago, they had a 9:30AM flight out of MCO!
Sure enough they had only 2 carryons and left the ship as soon as the ship was cleared!
Took a taxi to MCO.
We had a flight at 11:45AM
We arrived Airport at 9:30 and had no problem getting to our gate in time and also managed to have lunch with the guys we meet at the airport!

They arrived to Airport at 8:45AM by the time they managed security and arrived Gate their flight was GONE!
All flights were heavily booked so they were on stand by at 11 but did not make it and again at 1:30pm and did not make it, and Finally at 4:30pm they were able to make a flight Stand By!!!
I have a feeling the next time they cruise the will book something after 11!

If for some reason the ship doesn't clear customs by 7:00, you are going to be in a bad way once you get to the airport, especially if you are checking baggage.

That would be way too stressful for me to deal with.

Let's say you can get off the ship at 7 am (there have been at least 3 cruises that I've been on where you couldn't even start to disembark until 8:30 because of delays clearing customs). If you were the first off and moved quickly, you could probably grab your luggage, be through customs and in your mode of transportation in 15 minutes. With a 45 minute ride to the airport, you'd arrive at 8 am. You would then have 30-40 minutes (depending on when your airline requires you to be at the gate) to check any luggage, get through security and get to your gate. And that's if everything runs smoothly to that point. MCO is an airport that they recommend you arrive at least 2 hours in advance because there have been times it has taken over an hour just to get through security.

Could it physically be done? Maybe and only then if you get really lucky with the lines at security (and check-in if checking luggage). Personally, I wouldn't want the stress after a relaxing vacation.

Could it be done sometimes if everything goes perfectly smoothly--yes. Would I try it--NO WAY!

OK, we once had a 12:30 flight and because we were there early, the airline moved us up to 9:30. However, I've had 2 cruises where we were not off the ship till after 9 (as in the big doors weren't open due to Customs issues), and at least 2 more where the door didn't open till 8:30 or later!

The earliest I'd schedule would be 11. DCL recommends noon, but THEY book people on 11:30 flights!

Considering many airlines won't let you on if you're not there more than 10-15 minuets before departure time (I've see people turned away even w/ the plane still there) and the fact you need at LEAST 40 minutes to get through security at MCO...AND you have customs? Not to mention your drive? No way! Don't do it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter