999 Meals, But There's Room for 1,000 - An April 2016 Dining Report - Complete/New DR Link - 10/16

Have a wonderful birthday.....sounds like a wonderful day planned.

Happy Happy Birthday! :bday:

I hope you enjoy the wineries and food :D Sounds like a great way to celebrate.

I can't wait to hear about all the Disney food either - Trail's End is on my list for a future trip, so I'll be eager to hear how the buffet is. And everything else sounds great as well. Most of all, enjoy being in Disney!!

Happy Birthday! I hope you enjoyed the wineries! We have only five more days in wine country at our lake house in the fingerlakes :( Have a great time at Disney!! Your food itinerary looks yummy! Love hallow-wishes! We watched from the top of the world lounge last Halloween. Checking into poly 10/31....can't wait! Best of luck with Caseys first day. Our first day is 8/30!

giphy.gif

Happy birthday Kari! Hope your hubby kept the drinks flowin'!

Have a fantastic DW trip!! Can't wait to hear how you like FF! I've got it on my list for next month. Looking forward to another awesome Kari DR, I've been following along, just not commenting much lately :smooth:

:tinker:

Happy, Happy Birthday! Hope it's been a wonderful day!

I hope you get a little ease up at work before you head out for the trip. Plans sound wonderful. A great last trip of summer!

Good luck to Casey on her first day of K! My son started Pre-K two weeks ago. We had a good first week but the long days are starting to wear on him. Me, too, as a first grade teacher. But it will get better as we all get used to the early starts and long hours.

Looking forward to hearing all about the new trip as well as the finish to this one!

Happy Birthday (a day late). I hope you have another fantastic trip to the World. Looking forward to your reviews!

Hope you had a great birthday! Sounds like you guys are going to have a blast! What fun to meet up with a few Disers too! Safe travels.

I'd love to say I'm excited and deep down I think I am, but my work has been insane lately and right now the anxiety of all I have to get done before we leave next week is overriding my usual exuberance. That said, I was hoping to get another post done before we leave for Disney, but I don't think there is much chance of that. Today is my birthday and we have a day of wineries and lots of food planned. Tomorrow I have to pack in the morning, as work looms in the afternoon and Monday and Tuesday are looking to be at least 12 hour work marathon sessions with another 1/2 day on Wednesday. So I'll finish this bad boy up when we return and of course get another food party started!
I hate when work gets so busy before a trip that you end up working long hours just so you can have that time off. I've had to give up the late October trips because work was just too insane during that time. :(

I hope you had a great birthday. :)

Then we are trying the "new" Flying Fish Thursday night. This is one of our favorite restaurants so I'm looking forward to seeing the refurbishment and trying the new food. Afterwards, thanks to info from Caroline aka @disneyAndi14, we'll be doing a special Illuminations Dessert Party in Italy that our travel agency is sponsoring.
I've heard that the new Flying Fish is really good. :) Your travel agency Illumination party sounds like lots of fun. That is a nice bonus. :)

Sunday we'll be starting a semi-break day at Trails End so I can finally try their breakfast thanks to the years of good reviews I've been seeing
We love Trails End for breakfast and always eat there when we stay at WL. This December we got a free upgrade from the BC to GF from our travel agency so we are planning to head to Trails End for breakfast from the GF. I hope you like it. :)

Happy Birthday! Hope all your wishes came true! pixiedust:

Hang in there at work, I know how that feels--hopefully you'll be able to leave work at work and have a great time in the World. I'm looking forward to your next report.

Thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes. We had a great day at two different wineries and discovered the best red wine we've ever had in Virginia, so a good day. Then my wonderful Chef hubby made my favorite crab pretzels and grilled up some delicious pizza of us all. I of course over indulged a wee bit, but despite a slow start got most of the packing and some work done today. 3 MORE DAYS!!!!!!!!!

OOOOooooh I can't wait for your review and food pics! We've got a reservation for this in... Wait for it... January! Haha. That trip will NOT be a "fly by the seat of your pants" trip though I much prefer to do your last minute method of making an ADR on the way to dinner.

Have a great trip and take lots of pictures (duh, of course you will)!
Thanks Melinda!!!!! I'll of course be oversharing all things Flying Fish :-) And yeah for a trip in January. We'll likely be going sometime in January or February as our annual passes run out so maybe we'll be seeing you.

Happy Birthday!

The work days will fly by quickly and soon you'll be touching down at WDW.

Re Jock's, the decor & theming is incredible. If you are an Indy fan, you will love stepping into the bar. The drink I had (Reggie's Revenge) not so much. Not much to it & tasted like a powerade. However, I was there in the first few months of opening so maybe all has improved? Fingers crossed. The nibblies do look good.

Really looking forward to your Flying Fish review. Heck, who am I kidding? Looking forward to all of your reviews. Have a great and safe trip! High fives to the Frushi robber :-)
Thanks Sam! You are so right, the only upside to work insanity is the time is going way to fast. And thanks for the Jock's information. I most certainly will not be having a Reggie's Revenge.

Happy Birthday! We're at T minus 4 days as well, also staying at the Poly on a magical deal, also lunching at LTT on Thursday so I wonder if we'll have a "celebrity sighting" of you and the family. My 5 year old DD always looks over my shoulder when I read your dining reports as she loves to see what Casey is doing in the pics. So if you see a crazy curly haired 5 year old say "Wow, there's Casey!" it's just my little one. :-)

Have a great trip!
Awesome we'll be going down on the same day. Please do say hi if you see us. Especially with a 5 year old. Casey would be in 7th heaven.
Happy Birthday pixiedust: Enjoy the wineries and food; I'm meeting up with all my college friends so I'll be sure to have a drink in your honor ;)
Maybe I can blame my slight hangover on the drink you had for me :drinking1

Oh, the first day of kindergarten, both :goodvibes and :sad1:. Our elementary school has coffee and breakfast for the K parents (the kids only go for 2 hours the first day even though we have full day K) while the kids are in their classrooms, and it's called the "Boo-hoo/Yahoo Breakfast". Believe me she'll do better than you will!
I'm sure she will be fine. She thrived in pre-school, but school from 9-4 is gonna be rough. Love the idea of breakfast. Hope ours does something similar. I have absolutely no idea what they do here and think I'm just anxious over the unknown. I've never even been in her school so the prospect of putting her on a bus and shipping her off to a bunch of strangers is a bit scary. Sadly we are going to miss the open house since we'll be at Disney, but my Dad is going to pick up her info so hopefully my fears can be put to rest.

Your plans for this trip sound awesome! I wish we were staying longer but it'll just get me more excited for Nov. and I'm really psyched we're overlapping. I get you on the not feeling excited yet though with all you have to do before you go. Just enjoy today and all will fall in place and you'll be enjoying a :drinking1 at the Poly pool before you know it!
Thanks, I needed that (and the poly pool)

Happy Birthday and I'll keep an eye out for you next week :goodvibes
Thanks! Have a great trip.

Sorry you have so much work anxiety before a trip (I totally get that - I've been going in the last few Saturdays because of the chaos I have)

Have fun on your vacation! Enjoy the relaxation and hopefully work won't bother you :)
Thanks Melissa!

Have a wonderful birthday.....sounds like a wonderful day planned.
Thank you

Happy Birthday Kari!
Enjoy your birthday adventures and have a fabulous trip.
Thanks Odelia!

Happy Happy Birthday! :bday:

I hope you enjoy the wineries and food :D Sounds like a great way to celebrate.

I can't wait to hear about all the Disney food either - Trail's End is on my list for a future trip, so I'll be eager to hear how the buffet is. And everything else sounds great as well. Most of all, enjoy being in Disney!!
Thank you. Wineries and food enjoyed all around (probably a little too much)

Happy Birthday! I hope you enjoyed the wineries! We have only five more days in wine country at our lake house in the fingerlakes :( Have a great time at Disney!! Your food itinerary looks yummy! Love hallow-wishes! We watched from the top of the world lounge last Halloween. Checking into poly 10/31....can't wait! Best of luck with Caseys first day. Our first day is 8/30!
A lake house in wine country sounds pretty fabulous to me. I've heard great things about New York wine but sadly have never tried it. We're pretty lucky as we have a good winery about 10 minutes from our house and many more within an hour drive.

Thanks on Casey's school. This may be our only year with a pre-labor day opening (they are changing next year) so glad we're getting Disney in now

giphy.gif

Happy birthday Kari! Hope your hubby kept the drinks flowin'!

Have a fantastic DW trip!! Can't wait to hear how you like FF! I've got it on my list for next month. Looking forward to another awesome Kari DR, I've been following along, just not commenting much lately :smooth:

:tinker:
Thanks Kelly!!!!!!! Your trip has got to be right around the corner too. And glad you're following along, even if you are the strong, silent type :-)

Happy, Happy Birthday! Hope it's been a wonderful day!

I hope you get a little ease up at work before you head out for the trip. Plans sound wonderful. A great last trip of summer!

Good luck to Casey on her first day of K! My son started Pre-K two weeks ago. We had a good first week but the long days are starting to wear on him. Me, too, as a first grade teacher. But it will get better as we all get used to the early starts and long hours.

Looking forward to hearing all about the new trip as well as the finish to this one!
Thank you! Sadly work isn't going to ease any, its just a matter of how much I can delegate up and down so I can actually enjoy my vacation.

Yeah the long days are what I'm most concerned about for Casey. She did preschool from 9-1 5 days a week last year, but will go from 9-4 in kindergarten. I'm sure she'll get adjusted but thats a long day for little ones.

Happy Birthday (a day late). I hope you have another fantastic trip to the World. Looking forward to your reviews!
Thanks Frannie!

Hope you had a great birthday! Sounds like you guys are going to have a blast! What fun to meet up with a few Disers too! Safe travels.
Thanks Lori! Hope the new house is coming along.

I hate when work gets so busy before a trip that you end up working long hours just so you can have that time off. I've had to give up the late October trips because work was just too insane during that time. :(

I hope you had a great birthday. :)
Yeah, all the work stuff sprang up out of no where. Summer used to be "slower" time, but I really don't think slow even exists anymore. I'm just gonna have to be ok with leaving what I can and being connected to my phone for the trip.

We love Trails End for breakfast and always eat there when we stay at WL. This December we got a free upgrade from the BC to GF from our travel agency so we are planning to head to Trails End for breakfast from the GF. I hope you like it. :)
Glad to hear there is another Trails End lover out there. Wow on the upgrade too! I didn't know travel agency's did stuff like that.
Happy Birthday! Hope all your wishes came true! pixiedust:

Hang in there at work, I know how that feels--hopefully you'll be able to leave work at work and have a great time in the World. I'm looking forward to your next report.
Thank you! Unfortunately I won't be able to leave work at work, but I can at least leave most of it behind.

Hope you had a great birthday and that you all have an amazing trip! I'm dying to try Homecoming in Disney Springs...definitely think you guys should consider adding it to your app and drink crawl. The full menu is available at the bar...

http://allears.net/dining/menu/homecoming/lunch-dinner

Maybe some sweet tea moonshine and some pimento cheese hush puppies or fried green tomatoes? :cloud9:

Happy (belated) Birthday! I have been a bad Diser having a bit of a pity party about moving DS into this apartment a couple of weekends again. Finally getting back to the real world.

Your trip sounds great! Looking forward to your Flying Fish review! I don't have plans for DH and I to go because the menu just didn't thrill me but I could be persuaded to change a few things around! Hoping you have much better luck at Tiffins than we did! Love, love, LOVE the idea of the appetizer crawl!

Safe travels! Cannot wait to hear all about it!

Happy you had a nice birthday!

Only a few hours stand between you an vacation in WDW! Work right before a trip is way stressful! Hopefully you wrapped it all up and can enjoy your vacation! Have a great time!

I am finally caught up! I was stuck actually doing work at work so barely any DIS time! LOL! Happy Belated Birthday and I know Miss Casey is going to LOVE Kindergarten, the only tears shed will probably be yours. Excited you get another Disney trip and I can't wait to read all about it! Have fun and safe travels :goodvibes

Sounds like you had a great birthday!

I am sure you are off to WDW, but if you get this before Morimoto Asia, check out the Sake Sangria and Duck Ramen. Two of the best deals in the World.

I am slowly but surely catching up (wedding is on 9/3!), but first off HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! :bday::lovestruc

I hope your day was full of wine and not too much working! ;) Mine was Monday, I thought I'd remembered you saying yours was in August.

Have a blast on your trip!!!!! I hope you have some Dismeets and I cannot wait to hear about the app crawl - I think that is a fabulous idea.

Lastly, I cannot believe you have a KINDERGARTENER ..... :banana::banana::banana: I hope she has a blast on her first day, I'm sure she will do great!!

I am slowly but surely catching up (wedding is on 9/3!), but first off HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! :bday::lovestruc

I hope your day was full of wine and not too much working! ;) Mine was Monday, I thought I'd remembered you saying yours was in August.

Have a blast on your trip!!!!! I hope you have some Dismeets and I cannot wait to hear about the app crawl - I think that is a fabulous idea.

Lastly, I cannot believe you have a KINDERGARTENER ..... :banana::banana::banana: I hope she has a blast on her first day, I'm sure she will do great!!
Congratulations to you guys!!! You're almost there!!!!!! :cheer2:

You're at DISNEY....enjoy the vacation and save a few cocktails for when I get there in a couple of weeks.

:dancer::dancer:

Thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes. We had a great day at two different wineries and discovered the best red wine we've ever had in Virginia, so a good day. Then my wonderful Chef hubby made my favorite crab pretzels and grilled up some delicious pizza of us all. I of course over indulged a wee bit, but despite a slow start got most of the packing and some work done today. 3 MORE DAYS!!!!!!!!!

Happy Birthday!!! I hope you're enjoying your time at Disney! I can't wait for the next trip report. Now tell me more about these crab pretzels and if I can find them anywhere in the DC area...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter