90 Days out - Palo Booking

warrenite

Mouseketeer
Hi,

We're approaching -90 days for our cruise, this is the first time we have booked far enough in advance to take advantage of first day bookings.

Do the bookings open up at 12:01am, or is there any need to stay up till the wee hours of the morning?

We are cruising on Jan 17. I stayed up until midnight to book our excursions and Palo at our 75 day mark. I have to say that I am glad that I did as there was only 1 time slot available for Palo on the day that we wanted to go. I have to think that most of the other slots were taken by Castaway Cay Club members since they are able to book earlier. Just my experience but I'm glad I stayed up and did the bookings at midnight.

If you are absolutely fanatic about having your plans made then stay up and do online, it's still 50/50 whether you get what you want. IMO- It's just a sales gimmick, if you make your ressies when boarding the ship there are plenty of seats, I did not see Palo anywhere close to full.

Booking opens up at 12:00 AM EST. So yes, you would probabaly have to stay up if you want to get a Palo reservation. Castaway Club members can make their reservations at 90 days out.

Booking opens up at 12:00 AM EST. So yes, you would probabaly have to stay up if you want to get a Palo reservation. Castaway Club members can make their reservations at 90 days out.

Actually it depends on your level now.

Silver (1-5 cruises) CC members make reservations at 90 days
Gold (6-10 cruises) CC members make reservations at 120 days
Platinum (10+ cruises) CC members make reservations at 150 days

Also those in Cats 1-3 make reservations at the 150 day mark too

First time cruisers are still 75 days

Thanks for clearing that up. I keep forgetting about the new levels, I'm just a silver member myself.:goodvibes

YOur cruise must be PAID IN FULL to be able to book onboard ressies and excursions.

Thanks for clearing that up. I keep forgetting about the new levels, I'm just a silver member myself.:goodvibes

Per the DCL website online bookings are as follows:

Silver - 90 days out
Gold - 105 days out
Platinum & Concierge - 120 days out

YOur cruise must be PAID IN FULL to be able to book onboard ressies and excursions.

Good reminder!

I was just freaking out a little because I realized we are almost at the 90-day mark (this Sunday) and because I am a silver CC member I should be ready to make my Palo reservations... however, since we JUST booked the cruise, I have not paid the balance yet so I can't book anyway.

Guess I should get that cruise paid off pronto so I can start making ressies... :goodvibes

Oh, and for anyone having trouble calculating the correct date, definitely try the PS Calculator: http://pscalculator.net/pscalc.php

Disney only allows for ~50% of the Palo reservations to be booked on-line. They reserve the remaining ressies for folks to book while on board. Therefore, if you don't get what you want, then go to the ship and book the day you board. Additionally, they do also offer a waitlist on board. If you know what night / time you want, you can ask to be waitlisted. If someone cancels (yes, apparently it does happen - people too tired from their excursions), they will call you and ask if you would like to take the ressie. Worked for us (knock on wood)

Being able to book at 90 days out at 12:01 am did me absolutely no good. I was NOT able to book a reservation for Palo Brunch!!!!!

Good Luck
Granny:confused3

Good reminder!

I was just freaking out a little because I realized we are almost at the 90-day mark (this Sunday) and because I am a silver CC member I should be ready to make my Palo reservations... however, since we JUST booked the cruise, I have not paid the balance yet so I can't book anyway.

Guess I should get that cruise paid off pronto so I can start making ressies... :goodvibes

Oh, and for anyone having trouble calculating the correct date, definitely try the PS Calculator: http://pscalculator.net/pscalc.php

Hey - Welcome to the cruise we must both be on the 7-night western. Thanks, for the calculator, nice tool

If you don't get what you want, as soon as you board go to the place where they are taking ressies. I wanted to switch mine, since our palo plans fell on our AP nite. I got on board about 1pm and still had lots of choices.

Good luck!

Hey - Welcome to the cruise we must both be on the 7-night western. Thanks, for the calculator, nice tool

Yep, I'm on our meet thread already... still not 100% sure we're going, but every day we get closer and closer to deciding. Well, I have already decided... just need to make sure hubby is onboard. (sorry, couldn't resist the pun)

I'm cruising on January 17 and I couldn't get to a computer at my 90 day mark (camping), so I had to do it a day late. I had NO problem getting the Palo dinner, and St. john excursion I wanted. Then 3 days later, I decided that I wanted to try Palo brunch. Again, NO problem getting the time I wanted. My aunt, who never cruised before, had to wait til 75 days out. She did the 12:01 log in and was able to get the same Palo brunch and St John excursion as I did at 90 days out. Good Luck!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter