9 year old checking herself out of kids program

Thank you guys for all your thoughts. It just surprised me that they would let 8 year olds check themselves out but I guess some kids are mature enough to handle it.

Our 4-day Wonder cruise, the kids were 9, 10, 11 and could sign in/out only from the room to the club and only if they were together.

Our 14day Magic repo cruise, the kids were 10, 11, 12 and we brought along Post-its. The kids had to stick a note with time and where they were going on the big mirror and could only go to the next place if they first came to the room and left another timed note. This way I could always find them. They also knew they were NEVER to go into anyone's room or to allow ANYONE (even the room steward) in. If the room needed to be cleaned, they went up to the basketball court or to the club for that half hour.

This worked REALLY well. They mostly went to the movie theater, shuffleboard, basketball court, club, or just up for icecream and chicken fingers, then back to the room. I did worry and I did constant surveillence, but in two weeks, they never once abused this privelege. It actually was a great learning experience for me (VERY overprotective Mom here).

I would say each parent knows what is right for their family.

I was just reviewing my pms & found this information from a CM in the clubs with how they monitor the 8-12 yos & who has sign out privs.

The 10-12s sign in and sign out access can be restricted just like the 8-9s. If a 10-12 is a yes they get a blue "Lab Pass" sticker on their Key to the world card, if they are not allowed to sign out the get an orange sitcker on top of the "lab pass" sticker with their pager number written on it. In order to sign in and out a parent must be present. We take the childs card and write down their name, when they came in and who brought them, and keep their card until they are picked up. Then when they are picked up we follow the same procedure, as well as ask for the password ( we have a list of all the 10-12s not allowed to sign out.) So the abbreviated version of this long winded answer is yes a 10-12 can be registered as either a Yes or a NO and iit can be changed at anytime by the adult in charge. Though the majority of 10-12s are yeses there are always a few that are nos.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter