9 table services?

allboysmom77

Earning My Ears
I just made my ADRs for Oct and realized we have 9 table services. We are staying for 6 nights so I started comparing prices of the dining plan. Since we don't use all of our quick servs. and I'm not sure we will eat 2 snacks a day. I think I am still leaning toward OOP. We could do some meal sharing as well.
Would you drop any of these?
Day 1- Chef Mickeys Dinner- Mainly for characters, not for food as much
Day 2- Plaza for lunch- QS dinner
Day 3- Hollywood and Vine brunch (early- hoping to get Jedi training), QS Lunch, Sci FI Dinner
Day 4- QS Lunch, Trattoria Al Forno dinner
Day 5 - CP Breakfast, Liberty Tavern dinner at 6 (last thing before we get kicked out for the party
Day 6 - Teppan Edo lunch, coral reef dinner

If we don't have a breakfast listed, it is most likely groceries at the hotel. I want to enjoy my vacation but wonder if we are spending too much on food

Have you had hibachi before? It is ALOT of food. If you eat at Teppan Edo for lunch I don't think you'll be hungry for your coral reef dinner unless its a really late reservation.

Chef Mickey's will likely be delayed in seating (last time we went they were running very behind - like an hour). Also food wasn't that great IMO. We prefer the breakfast buffet.

Plaza - although its good and is on our list, IMO its not much better than a counter service burger would be. DH likes it though so I cave for him.

H&V - pass entirely. We ate there and it was not a pleasant experience, food or service wise.

Rest are ok!

Pass on H&V. One of the worst meals I've ever had a WDW. DH & I felt like death after eating there :sick: Also that's a lot of food for one day. If you choose to keep H&V you might not even eat a QS lunch before your Sci Fi dinner.

I did Plaza for dinner. I assume the menu is the same for lunch/dinner? It was good! It was more for the atmosphere than the food since literally what they offer isn't that different than a QS location.

LOVED CP breakfast!! I'm actually bummed we're not eating there later this month. But it'll just make me look forward to the next time! Pooh's Puffed Toast was out of this world and the characters were way more energetic and fun to interact with. I've done CP dinners and I don't think I'll do those again due to the food and interaction.

Liberty Tree Tavern is very good. To do CP for breakfast and LTT for dinner you definitely could skip lunch and just grab a snack if needed. Both meals will be very filling.

I'm a huge hibachi fan and I had Teppan Edo booked for my last trip and then dropped it after reading dining reviews/seeing pictures. It didn't look up to par to the franchises around me. I didn't want to be disappointed.. plus F&W was going on so we made more use of time to explore the booths. Also doing a TS lunch and then dinner after again you might not be all that hungry. What about doing Garden Grill for breakfast (get in a character meet as well), a QS lunch/snacks if needed, and then either Teppan Edo or Coral Reef for dinner?

IMO, 2 table services in one day is gong to take up a lot of time and it's a lot of food. Oct isn't as hot as the previous months, but it's still in the high 80s and when it's hot, your not going to want to eat that heavy.

I wouldn't drop anything. If you do drop one, will you just skip that meal or fill in with QS? And if skipping a meal, will that work for you and your family? In mine, we get hangry with missed meals, so we pretty much stick to 3 meals a day, but not everyone is like that.

Based on your plans, I think you're making a good call to go OOP since you don't plan on many QS meals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter