9 days too many days ???

ErinsMommy

She believed she could, so she did
So we'll be staying onsite at RPH (DH upgraded us to club) from 12/6 to 12/14(9 days) and were just planning on going to US/IOA/SW/Aquatica and Wet N Wild (maybe even passing on Aquatica since there doesn't really seem like much DD will be able to go on/do)

So giving it further thought I'm thinking there's going to be a few days where we'll have run out of parks to go to/things to do so I suggested we take a day and go to WDW to check out the Christmas decorations, the castle with the icicles, etc. and hit up the rides there too. :scratchin

DH feels that figuring out a shuttle or taxi back and forth, extra $$ for the park ticket and shuttle, plus the crowd levels won't make it worthwhile esp. since we just went in February and we should just leave Disney out of this trip entirely.

WWYD and would 9 days just be too many days where we'll feel like we're riding the same things over and over again??

If you're spending a day at Sea World, Aquatica and Wet n' Wild, no, that's not too many. Sure, you'll have as much time as you want, but that's a great vacation. Head to the park for a few hours, go back to the hotel for a nap and swim, etc.

However, yes - You will be riding the same things over and over. I personally don't mind that. But with Express, you can knock out each park in half a day.

We are also spending 9 days doing Universal/IoA/Sea World/Aquatica, and I think it will be perfect. We're spending 4 days at Uni, staying at Royal Pacific, then doing a 5 night package at Sea World. I'm hoping to hit Downtown Disney, the outlet malls, and my daughter wants to go to Wonder Works. We'll spend some time pool hopping while at Uni as well. I'm hoping for a relaxing, fun, stress FREE vacation, and honestly I'd rather have too MUCH time than too little. Last thing I want is to feel rushed like I did 7 years ago at Disney.

how far is downtown Disney from Universal??

Not far by car. Takes us about 20 minutes....give or take using Turkey Lake Road.

9 days is not too many days at all.

We ride things over and over and never get fed up. We also spend some time chilling by the pool as it`s a great pool to be around.

Being onsite is wonderful as you can wander back from the parks in no time at all and have some pool time or relax around the hotel.

We have a car so go to Mall at Millenia, Clearwater area and generally just mooch around where we feel like. We never do Disney, SW or any water parks. And we never get bored.

I`m sure you`ll enjoy the time you have free just to enjoy the resort, it is so beautiful :)

Thank you all. :thumbsup2 Looks like I'm crossing MK off the list for this trip.

I'll love to do something extra special for DD since it'll be a week shy of her 7th birthday and after looking at the character meal options, I need to think of other options.

Sporting Fans in your Family?

My DH is diehard hockey fan, tickets are CHEAP compared to canadian prices, so I try and organize my dates when our home team is playing Tampa Bay. Its not too far of a drive, and its the icing on the cake for DH.

I suppose people could think 'baseball' in the spring and summer, and then there is football too - but its a nice 'totally different thing' to do when you are down there. You DH might like that! I like hockey and football, so I am always in for a game, but mostly DS goes with DH and I end up doing.... shopping. (darn it!)

I have 2 teenage daughters, and something they always beg for is a trip to the prime outlets. They love it, and some excellent deals can be found. Personally, its not my bag, but I always work it in for them, so now, our family does 'split interest' things.

i'm on site for 11 and wondering how i am going to fit everything into my schedule.

if i relax too much, i'll miss something.......:laughing:

break your days up and don't do parks from opening to closing.
sleep in a few days and don't plan to do everything at once.

do pool days and join in on the pool games, explore the other hotels and their lobbies, at hrh, use the elevator to reach each floor and look at the rock/roll collection on each floors lobby, take the internal shuttle to each of the other hotels in the evening and check out how lit up they are in the night, try lunch/dinner at each of the hotel main restaurants, explore city walk, do the mini golf, catch a movie at the cineplex, do the dive in movies, do the saturday conch call at rph, do the tour at hrc, eat at city walk (buy the movie and meal pass), do the sushi bar at 4:00 at rph lobby, see the studios evening show at the lagoon, catch the parade at the studios, do a water day in the parks...hit all the water rides then return to the hotel to change, use the hotel shuttle to Aquatica, Sea World or the $10 luxury bus (rt) to Busch Gardens for the day, spend time in the park for finding characters for pictures, (Marilyn Monroe, Betty Boop are always around), outdoor music/bands on weekends at city walk, check it out, check out each shop in the hotels, window shop at city walk.

Yes, sorry but 9 days is too long (for us). My son and I went for 5 days, we got bored by day 3. With the express pass there's no waiting. We ended up at Seaworld one day, that was fun. Have you checked out discovery cove? I've never been but looks awesome!!

9 days could be enough days and then again it might NOT be enough,there's a lot to do if you have the time and money.I would say yes to going to Disney for a day or two if you find the time,go to DTD,go check out the Disney resorts decorated for Christmas,maybe grab the free shuttle from Orlando and try Busch Gardens in Tampa who this past year had their first Christmas hard ticket event.As far as the waterparks why do you want to skip Aquatica over Wet n Wild,Wet n Wild has some good rides but Aquatica is a much nicer park,in the end you may have to skip them both if you get some cold days,it's winter in Florida,meaning it could be 85 or 45.You could head over to the Premium outlets or the Mall at Millenia for some shopping,go check out ICE at Gaylord Palms,basically for me I could be dropped off in Orlando in early October until May and wouldn't grow tired from all the different events and attractions during these months.

A less expensive 1 day Disney visit would be to hit up one of the MVMCP's (Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party) one night at the MK. In past years, they have allowed party guest to enter the park at 4:00 pm. I'd head to WDW sometime mid morning, have lunch at one of the hotels or at DTD, sight see at the hotels, shop or whatever until 3:30, then head to the MK.

A less expensive 1 day Disney visit would be to hit up one of the MVMCP's (Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party) one night at the MK. In past years, they have allowed party guest to enter the park at 4:00 pm. I'd head to WDW sometime mid morning, have lunch at one of the hotels or at DTD, sight see at the hotels, shop or whatever until 3:30, then head to the MK.

Good suggestion!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter