9 days to go.....help,

tonymca

Earning My Ears
Hi, I having been viewing all of the help and advice provided by all of you, so thanks for that, now it is time to ask for direct help.

I will be flying from Heathrow to MCO via Atlanta with Delta on Sat 18th with my DW and 3xDD's. I have received all of my tickets, luggage tags etc, but have not received any ME luggage tags. After calling Disney (I booked with WDTC), the CM advised that I would need to collect my own luggage and take it to the Disney area at MCO. I was not entirely convinced the CM was fully versed in the ME process, so thought I would turn to those in the know!

Anyone use ME recently that can advise on the process?

Ps I am sure this will not be the last of my questions!

The CM was right, uk guests don't get tags. Last time we collected our bags and made our way to the disney express buses via the monorail ( i think its level 1 you need to head towards)in the airport. It's all very well sign posted, I remember the checkin desks being over the very far side. You check in at the desk and they will point you in the right lane for the hotel you are going to. Have google for the airport layout it'll give you an idea of where you going.

Welcome to DISboards tonymca, thankfully someone has replied, I have never used ME so couldn't have helped you, just wanted to say welcome and ask anything you need to know.

Hi, I having been viewing all of the help and advice provided by all of you, so thanks for that, now it is time to ask for direct help.

I will be flying from Heathrow to MCO via Atlanta with Delta on Sat 18th with my DW and 3xDD's. I have received all of my tickets, luggage tags etc, but have not received any ME luggage tags. After calling Disney (I booked with WDTC), the CM advised that I would need to collect my own luggage and take it to the Disney area at MCO. I was not entirely convinced the CM was fully versed in the ME process, so thought I would turn to those in the know!

Anyone use ME recently that can advise on the process?

Ps I am sure this will not be the last of my questions!

I haven't used ME personally, but my mum did with our daughter in July last year. You have to collect your luggage yourself and make your way to the ME yourself. If I remember correctly, you have to go to the B area. There were no luggage tags.

The are no luggage tags sent to UK guests and you actually have 2 options when using ME coming from the UK.

1) Collect your bags and head to ME with them and they will travel under the bus with you.

2) Leave your bags and head straight for ME. When you get there they will ask for your luggage receipts and a description of the cases. They wi then collect your cases and deliver to your room however this can take up to 4 hours. Your bags will also be left going round the baggage belts until they are collect by Disney.

ME is on level one B side at the far end heading down with the car desks on your right.

Personally I would do option 1 and we always do as I don't want to wait for the luggage to be delivered to be able to unpack and settle in.

The CM was correct, as pp said.

DME yellow tags are only available to domestic (US) guests.

International guests must pick up their luggage and bring them at the DME counter.

The are no luggage tags sent to UK guests and you actually have 2 options when using ME coming from the UK.

1) Collect your bags and head to ME with them and they will travel under the bus with you.

2) Leave your bags and head straight for ME. When you get there they will ask for your luggage receipts and a description of the cases. They wi then collect your cases and deliver to your room however this can take up to 4 hours. Your bags will also be left going round the baggage belts until they are collect by Disney.

ME is on level one B side at the far end heading down with the car desks on your right.

I have done option 2 in the past .... I'm hoping that it's still available.

All, thanks for taking the time to respond, and so speedily! Sounds like the easiest way is to pick up and then taking directly to the bus after going to ME. Thanks again.

Just wanted to chip in and say we're flying Sat 18th via Atlanta too!

We've used ME several times and also do what others have suggested and collect our luggage and take it with us. We're usually so tired on arriving that we don't want to hang about for Disney to deliver our luggage.

The ME was booked via the web link so we received an email eariler this week confirming the reservation.

Have a fab time :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter