9 days to go and switching ressies

4bananas

Earning My Ears
I had everything planned out *perfect* for almost a week now, and I found a BOG reservation tonight online that I prefer a lot better, but it is on a different time that clashes with something else... so, help!:lmao:

Original Plan:
Day 1: Early arrival - dinner at Cinderella Royal Table
Day 2: In Epcot for lunch, dinner reservation at Be Our Guest
Day 3: Disney Hollywood Studios - Fantasmic! Dinner Package at Mama Melrose
Day 4: Breakfast at Kona Cafe, then head to Animal Kingdom (QS lunch), dinner at resort
Day 5: Keys to the Kingdom Tour (lunch provided), dinner at Le Cellier
Day 6: early lunch at Be Our Guest in MK, dinner at California Grill (in time for Wishes)
Day 7: Depature day -- breakfast at Boma

New Plan:
Day 1: We are opting to cancel the dinner at CRT, just to save some cash. (and spend it elsewhere, LOL) Since it's a MNSSHP night, MK closes early. We'll either stick with quick service in MK, or eat in the food court at the resort.
Day 2: We are cancelling BOG. This means we can stay at Epcot "all day" without having to leave halfway through the day. We could schedule a dinner here (obviously, all the times with good firework showings are booked, and we are already eating here on Day 5 again, but there are so many choices!) A quick glance gives me many options for dinner still available. So, would you do a table service or quick service for dinner?
Day 3: New BOG reservation. This clashes with Fantasmic, so we're probably cancelling Mama Melrose's. Queue a debate about Fantasmic Dinner Package - Is the Priority seating worth eating the meal at DHS? Yes? No?
Day 4: No change, except we'll go see Fantasmic this evening - either book Fantasmic Dinner Package or another reservation at DHS. See debate on day 3.
Day 5: No change
Day 6: No change
Day 7: No change

The bonus for switching everything around is that Day 2 we can get a late start, and we don't have to leave Epcot in the middle of the day to go eat dinner at 4:25.

Basically I see two choices, or both... but at least one:
1.) Book a table service dinner at Epcot for Day 2
2.) Book a table service dinner at DHS for Day 4 (Is priority seating worth it?)

I had all this hashed out so I'm looking for some advice so I don't beat myself up for the next week trying to decide :yay:

Here is what I would do:

1. Epcot has some great QS choices that allow for more park time and flexibility if you want to do Illuminiations. I would suggest Tangerine Café or Sunshine Seasons.

2. HS has poor choices for QS so I feel that a TS (although not great) is almost a must. Since you are already using a TS, it costs nothing extra to book a Fantasmic Package. MM and HV are still 1 TS credit and I believe at MM you get an appetizer and dessert, which is a bonus if you are on the DDP. Plus, this allows you some flexibility as you do not have to show up to Fantasmic as early as you would have to without priority seating.

For Day 2 since you will be at EP I would look at eating at Via Napoli. They have great pizza! Another choice is Garden Grill if you want a character meal.

For Day 4 I definitely would eat at a TS restaurant at HS. On our last trip we didn't have the Fantasmic package and ate at the 50's cafe and loved it! Sci Fi is also another popular restaurant. We were able to get great seats without having the package. You will just have to decide what restaurant has the most appealing food to you and go with that. Don't let the package prevent you from eating somewhere you would enjoy more.

For Day 2 since you will be at EP I would look at eating at Via Napoli. They have great pizza! Another choice is Garden Grill if you want a character meal.

For Day 4 I definitely would eat at a TS restaurant at HS. On our last trip we didn't have the Fantasmic package and ate at the 50's cafe and loved it! Sci Fi is also another popular restaurant. We were able to get great seats without having the package. You will just have to decide what restaurant has the most appealing food to you and go with that. Don't let the package prevent you from eating somewhere you would enjoy more.

Here is what I would do:

1. Epcot has some great QS choices that allow for more park time and flexibility if you want to do Illuminiations. I would suggest Tangerine Café or Sunshine Seasons.

2. HS has poor choices for QS so I feel that a TS (although not great) is almost a must. Since you are already using a TS, it costs nothing extra to book a Fantasmic Package. MM and HV are still 1 TS credit and I believe at MM you get an appetizer and dessert, which is a bonus if you are on the DDP. Plus, this allows you some flexibility as you do not have to show up to Fantasmic as early as you would have to without priority seating.

I had thought at MM you got an appetizer too but I was looking around for that info and I did not see it. Unfortunately, MM is booked pretty solid so it doesn't look like we'd be able to squeeze back in there, unless we did a walk-up. I did snag at Fantasmic Dinner Package reservation at HV last night "just in case"

Of course, the 50s Cafe and SciFi also look fun. I'm hopeless. :surfweb:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter