9 Days, 6 Parks, 3 resorts, and 1 "Villainous Arabian Night" SURPRISE Party! (updated 4/13)

Day 4 (Continued): Dinner @ California Grill (Still lol)

So I ordered a glass of wine, while Josh got a beer...
18.jpg

... And we placed an app order...
15.jpg

Those meatballs. Oh. My. Goodness. SO GOOD.

I ordered a second glass, and the waiter said if I'm ordering another glass or two, I mine as well get the whole bottle. So I said okay LOL.

16.jpg

The sun was setting, and all was perfect.
12.jpg

14.jpg

We then got salads, followed by main course, and then of course dessert. It was all AMAZING, aside from being borderline Victoria & Albert's cost-wise :scared:. We can't wait to go back, tho! Unfortunately, I forgot to take pictures of the food, aside from our app, and that may be because I had a little too much to drink. :drinking1

Gosh, I think I had half a glass left in the entire bottle :sad2:.

We finished right on time for fireworks, so we headed outside...

19.jpg

Continued...

Last edited:
Day 4 (Continued): Dinner @ California Grill (fireworks)

Okay, that view!! Let's pause and talk about how amazing it is. Because it's simply spectacular.

21.jpg

Josh has always had ZERO desire to stay at the Contemporary, and I'm pretty sure this has changed his mind entirely (as long as we get a theme park view, which is $$$$). We booked BC and POLY for our trip next year, because the deal we got only included a garden room at CR, which isn't good enough for that husband of mine. So I guess that will just have to wait for a future trip... But that fireworks view - simply breathtaking. We were floored.

20.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

So then we tried to selfie it with a firework in the background... and sort of failed...
24.jpg

... so then we tried again... and still kind of failed...
25.jpg

... so we gave up and just enjoyed the show lol.
26.jpg 28.jpg

Wishes ended, and my drunk self had to use the bathroom.

Then, I had the greatest idea EVER - let's take the monorail back to MK instead of walking...

WHY?!?!

29.jpg

We did, which was SO STUPID. Seriously, it was the worst idea ever. Walking would have been SO MUCH QUICKER.

Then, around Poly, I decided I had to pee again. So we got off at GF, so I could use the bathroom...

30.jpg

Hot mess.

We got back on the monorail, and I started making conversation with strangers (which I NEVER do - hello, unfriendly New Yorker here!).

I ended up meeting two girls who work at Disney and were visiting MK on their day off. One works at BBB and the other is "friends with Minnie" (which means she plays her). It's amazing how (most) people who work at Disney truly love their jobs. If we could only all be so lucky.

So we got off at MK and walked to the bus to head back to AKL (which took F.O.R.E.V.E.R.). I'm exhausted just remembering that wait. LOL.

Tomorrow we're off to Magic Kingdom! Finally
princess:

Love your pictures from CG! But what's up with the rude CM? Doesn't he know where he works, hellllllo, happy only in the Disney bubble, buddy! Lol, glad you enjoyed your meal! And yeah, AKL is the farthest resort, so it takes FOREVER to get anywhere to and from ... just wait to go to DS from there ... our bus driver told us it was literally from one end of WDW to the other :crazy2:

Hey Lauren,

I just tuned in so...

... Josh and I started dating in 2006, and our first real trip together was to Toronto only a few weeks later...

AMAZING...Toronto is my neck of the woods ;)

Which brings me to Disney Trips! I've been going to Disney my entire life. The Marriott World Center opened in 1984. I was born in 1985, and had my first trip there at six months old. My parents loved it so much that in 1986, when Marriott opened Sabal Palms, the timeshare that's on the grounds of the World Center, they purchased.

HAHA...I had such a similar upbringing. My first trip was when I was 5 months old and my parents purchased DVC at Old Key West the first year it opened....guaranteeing plenty of return trips!

While Josh LOVES Europe, and exotic destinations like Thailand, my dream trip has always been Bora Bora.

I absolutely love Europe and had an amazing opportunity to explore so much of Europe as a teenager. DH and I are in the process of planning our honeymoon (part 2 since we did Disney already haha) to Thailand right now! Bora Bora looks simply wonderful!

We ended up leaving pretty much right on time...

It's the little things right....

But this time around? I stayed comfy. I passed out as soon as my bum hit the seat and didn't wake up until we landed. Sadly, instead of being all YAY Disney I was like... hey, bed time??

Our last trip (which happened to be the same days as yours..just saying) I had the same mood. Usually I am jumping up and down at the thought of being on our way to Disney, but this last trip (the day after our wedding) it was not the same. Exhaustion hit and tiredness won! But hey, waking up and being in Orlando is a pretty cool feeling!

We knew we were getting close, and a minute later we were passing this:

Best feeling ever going under those gates

Even the elevator area was super cute and Yacht themed - Loved the buttons!!!

It's all in the details....yeah Disney!

I quickly changed (I packed a suit in my carryon), but Josh forgot to do the same

Boys....don't they know we're ALWAYS prepared to start our Disney adventure the second we arrive?!

The Pro's
- COST: It only cost $240 ($120.00 per couple). We thought it was WELL worth it. It was AMAZING to have this "home base" to return to throughout the day.
- PRIVACY: The location was in a roped off reserved area. It was quiet and very private. No yelling, loud children running around, no obnoxious parents yelling after their kids ... it was... serene. :cloud9:
- AMENITIES: Unlimited dry towels (if you're anything like us, we go through A LOT), Unlimited COLD bottled water, drink re-fill cups (we were more interested in the water, but the cups made for an awesome keepsake), personalized service, large safe/locker.
- SERVICE: Amazing. We had two attendants and they were BOTH wonderful. They'd continually check on us, and if you want anything and they're not around, simply text them and they'll be right there. Extra dry towels? Sure! Hungry? Sure! They went and got lunch, snacks, you name it for us. We were able to place our food orders, go on rides, and return about 20 minutes later to find our food waiting for us. We got SO MUCH DONE and had SUCH a relaxing, wonderful day. We didn't have to waste time going back to our locker to change to get food, then wait on line for food, and then search for a table to eat it. We got to do stuff, then it was there waiting for us. Best of all, we got to relax in our cabana while eating and people watching the wave pool.
- THE ACTUAL CABANA: If it rains (which thankfully it didn't), it has a lightening rod on it and provides covered shelter while you wait out the storm.

Is food included in the cost of the rental or do they just provide the service in getting it for you?

The man approached Josh and said, "Hello, Mr. LASTNAME. I heard it's your birthday. Please follow us."

Josh was SO shocked and confused, and I was SO excited!

awww how amazing is that! Josh must have been so surprised and confused haha.

WOW your surprise night for Josh sounds amazing. What a thoughtful and caring wife you are....so sweet! How did you plan something like this? Who do you contact to arrange to have a planner to help you organize an event like this? Do you mind sharing any information on pricing and what an evening like this starts at?

The buses. It's the ONLY transportation option, and to me, that's a huge bummer.

WORST....especially after having so many options at the YC....guess there are always pros and cons to every location.

I mean, it's fine to tell me we can't, but he just came out of nowhere and was so rude! Then, he goes, "technically you're ten minutes late so I can deny you your reservation if I wanted to." EXCUSE ME?! :furious: I don't really know what this guys deal was, but I kept my mouth shut :ssst:.

WOW..that is rude. Considering this is a signature dining location that isn't acceptable at all!

Yeah that the other CM had some pixie dust for Josh's birthday though!

I ordered a second glass, and the waiter said if I'm ordering another glass or two, I mine as well get the whole bottle. So I said okay LOL.

Had to twist your arm eh? I can see that

I started making conversation with strangers (which I NEVER do - hello, unfriendly New Yorker here!).

hahahahahaha this just made me LOL .... being Canadian and all

I CANNOT WAIT TO READ MORE LAUREN!

Ugh! Rude people, especially rude cast members who are supposed to be making your Disney experience magical, and happy, and memorable, are the worst! Sure, sometimes people are having a bad day but his remark about you being late was totally unnecessary! Even if you couldn't wait for a window table, he didn't need to say that. You are paying a lot of money to be there too.

I can't wait to see that view of the fireworks one day! Also, awesome view from your room at AKL...the only reason I'd consider staying there is for that, since I think my kids would love it. But you're right about the transportation...especially since we'll be going with a stroller. We'd have to rent a car to save our sanity.

Hey Lauren,

I just tuned in so...

Hi!!! Thanks for stopping by!

I absolutely love Europe and had an amazing opportunity to explore so much of Europe as a teenager. DH and I are in the process of planning our honeymoon (part 2 since we did Disney already haha) to Thailand right now! Bora Bora looks simply wonderful!

Oh my goodness! Thailand is amazing!!! We did Bangkok and Phuket, and LOVED it!!! I sort of wish we did Chaing Mai too though!!

Is food included in the cost of the rental or do they just provide the service in getting it for you?

They just get it for you, but during our Blizzard Beach day, the lady would NOT take money for our snacks - she just said it was "on Mickey" lol.

WOW your surprise night for Josh sounds amazing. What a thoughtful and caring wife you are....so sweet! How did you plan something like this? Who do you contact to arrange to have a planner to help you organize an event like this? Do you mind sharing any information on pricing and what an evening like this starts at?

I contacted Disney, because after such a poor experience when trying to do the Grand 1 and it getting cancelled, I wanted to work WITH someone. That way, should something go wrong, I know they would be on top of it. I contacted meetings@disneyworld.com and someone from Disney Catered Events got back to me. Then, a catering & convention services manager reached out, and he became my planner. I plan on doing a full, detailed informational post on my blog. You can really do ANYTHING - from a few hundred dollars to thousands and thousands and thousands. I ended up spending in the $5k range, and a big portion of that was the 4 characters we had and the Cave Of Wonders cake. The actual rental of the spaces and food wasn't too bad.

Day 5: Magic Kingdom (Part 1 of a million, this is your warning...)

Just a quick note: I will be updating throughout the day between meetings! And back to trip report land...

Gosh, I have a lot of photos to go through from today. 187 pictures to be exact. Overboard much? But don't worry, I'm not going to post even close that lol.

So we slept a little later than planned, and didn't get to the park until just before 10. We had no breakfast plans and were just eager to get there. Luckily, we arrived at the AKL bus stop just in time for a MK bus. It took a while to get to the park :scared: but once we did, we could barely contain our excitement.

First things first - a million castle pictures! I'll only share one (for now).

1.jpg

My brother and his girlfriend were still at their hotel, so we set off without them. We were not just waiting around!!

We immediately went to the crystal store so I could purchase my tiara.

Ahhh... that's better!

2.jpg

Then we took a million and fifty castle pictures because... why not?

3.jpg

4.jpg

And I'll take a moment to note and point out how EMPTY the park was. We LOVED it. Today really sealed the deal for us in going in September from now on. In fact, we were so nervous prior to this trip, that we had contemplated getting a VIP guide for our day at MK, just so we could get everything we wanted done. I'm SO GLAD we didn't splurge for that!!!! It would have been a TOTAL waste. We not only did everything, but we got to go on our favorites multiple times with little to no wait, and that's just today alone. We still had another day at MK planned later in the trip. Just to give you an example of the bigger ticket items we got to go on today... Splash x3, Thunder x3, Space x3, Mine x2, Haunted x2, Jungle x2.

Our first FP of the day was from 12-1 at Thunder Mountain, so, despite our usual "go-to" route of hitting Tomorrowland first, we decided to change it up and visit Adventureland!

5.jpg

First up, Josh's favorite ride - Jungle Cruise!!!

I'm not kidding - 10 minute wait and most of that was just walking through the line.

6.jpg

Unfortunately, Pirates was closed for refurb, but we didn't really care. Not after last summer's trip to DL and experiencing the one there. It's SO MUCH BETTER. Plus, for the first time in FOREVER, SPLASH MOUNTAIN WAS NOT BEING REFURBISHED (the woes of usually going in January!!).

We did our first ride of the day (it said 25 min wait, but it was more like 15), because you bet there will be more!!! Gosh it has to be almost a decade since I went on Splash in Disney World, thanks to it ALWAYS be closed. It's so typical for us that we really wouldn't of been surprised for it to be RANDOMLY closed today. Thankfully, it wasn't, but we sure did look for a notice or sigh! haha!

7.jpg

This is what all our past visits were missing: the water, the crash sound, the screaming - I just love Splash Mountain so much!

So it was still too early for our Thunder Mountain FP, so we decided to grab a snack, since we didn't have breakfast. Don't judge.

8.jpg

9.jpg

We still had some time before our Thunder FP, but didn't want to go too far. We were hoping my brother and his girlfriend would get their butts to MK, since they also had FP for it, so we decided to head to Haunted Mansion in the meantime. And oh my goodness, I've never been to Disney where I wished the line was longer so I would have the opportunity to finish my ice cream before going in. We actually let people in before us just so I could take my last few bites and throw out the stick!

10.jpg

Continued...

Day 5: Magic Kingdom (Part 2)

After Haunted Mansion, we STILL had time before our Thunder FP. I noticed on the MDE app that Space Mountain was only a 5 minute wait, so we ran and did that quickly. It said 10 by the time we got there, but we still went on... because 10 minutes for Space Mountain is amazing. It ended up being a (long) walk on until the end, where there was a very small wait. Not bad at all!

After Space, we made our way back to Thunder for the FP.

11.jpg

It was amazing. Definitely one of our favorites!

Still no word from my brother and his girlfriend, so we leisurely headed to Fantasyland.

12.jpg

14.jpg

We've never met Gaston, and REALLY wanted to, so we headed there next, but first we checked out the tavern and the little shop that's full of Beauty & The Beast stuff! My favorite!

15.jpg

We went to meet Gaston, but the line was already closed. Bummer. The cast member said to come back in 30, but we wanted to ensure we got on the next line, so we walked on Little Mermaid and then headed right back.

16.jpg

We got back just as people were getting on the new line, so we got on the line too. The same cast member was there, moving people up so we didn't block the bathrooms. Josh and I were last on the line, but we made it! Yay!

Then the cast member got to the group in front of us and asked how many... 8 (!!!). Then he turned to us and flat out said the line was closed. Despite the fact that we were already on it and have been for a good five minutes now! We were SHOCKED. Plus, we are ONLY two people and there was no one behind us. He really couldn't just let us stay? REALLY?!

really-seth-and-amy.jpeg

We came back early enough, and um, we were already on the damn line! The party of 8 was pretty shocked too. One of the super sweet ladies said, "Well they can just be part of our family!" I mean... So super sweet!!! The cast member? He flat out said NO. The lady then felt so bad (and was shocked by the guys attitude!) that she goes, "well, two of us don't really want to meet him, so if we get off can they just take our spot?" Another NO. I swear, Josh and I clearly have personally wronged this man in some other life. What. The. Hell. I mean, other than the guy at California Grill the other night (who wasn't nearly as bad as this guy), I have never experienced such an unhappy and flat out rude cast member. Especially in a park, and especially in Magic Kingdom!!

So needless to say, we did not meet Gaston, and didn't go back to try again.

Instead, we headed to meet fin Ariel, and while waiting in line, we got a text from my brother's girlfriend - they were at the gate to MK (finally!).

17.jpg

We made up to meet at Pinocchio Haus for lunch, so that's where we headed next.

18.jpg

Pinocchio Haus is one of my favorite quick service restaurants! I really love the food here, plus, it overlooks It's A Small World, which is simply awesome!

19.jpg

We all ate lunch, and then my brother's girlfriend decided she wanted a princess crown too, so they headed back to the front of the park to get one, while Josh and I headed to Tomorrowland.

Continued...

Day 5: Magic Kingdom (Part 3)

So we slowly made our way from Fantasyland to Tomorrowland, hoping my brother and his girlfriend would catch up by the time we got to the next ride.

20.jpg

I love side castle!!

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

We stalled as much as we could, but we really wanted to get on more rides!! They texted us and said they were on their way, and we said we'd meet them at Buzz Lightyear. I think they totally lied and by "on the way back," they meant they were first checking out, because we waited and waited and waited and they were just not showing up. We eventually got sick of waiting and got in line. They ended up meeting us on line (which I'm sure pissed a lot of people off) lol.

25.jpg

I did crap. I'm pretty sure my thing was broken because I've never done so poorly on this ride before!

My brother's girlfriend really wanted to ride Space Mountain, and even though Josh and I already went on it, we could always go again. The wait wasn't bad - it said 20 minutes, but was more like 15. It went quickly because whenever the line stopped, we were by one of those games, which are super fun!

26.jpg

We finished Space and REALLY wanted to ride the two tracks back to back, so between that and the line being down to 15, Josh, my brother's girlfriend, and I went right back on! The ride is just too motion-jerky for my brother, so he shopped and met us by the exit.

Next, we all walked on Tomorrowland Transit, which is another favorite! My brother and his girlfriend reminded us of the last time they were here and got stuck on this ride and had to be evacuated lol. Still to this day, Josh and I have never had to be evacuated from a ride and we feel really left out! Apparently it happens all the time!

27.jpg

28.jpg

Despite Tomorrowland being a great escape from the heat (with most of the rides being indoors), we were all sweating to death, and on top of that, my feet had gotten so bitten up the last couple of days that we decided to take a nice break in Carousel of Progress. My brother and his girlfriend HATE this ride. The song gets stuck in their heads, so Josh and I started to make fun of it...

29.jpg

It was really SUCH a relaxing thing to do, and really refreshed us for the rest of the day!

We debated going on Stitch, but last time I went on, this one part scared me so much that I accidentally bit my lip and it started bleeding so much we had to go to first aid LOL. So now I can't go on it without living that down, so I said lets just head to the Storybook Circus/Fantasyland area LOL.

Continued...

Day 5: Magic Kingdom (Part 4)

We stopped in some of the shops in Fantasyland (the ones by the back of the castle), and I was so disappointed because it was basically all Frozen :crazy2:. They used to have such awesome stuff - it used to be one of my favorite places to shop! Don't get me wrong, I like Frozen and all, but I hate that it's EVERYWHERE.

We left empty-handed (which I guess could be good or bad depending how you look at it). We were still in a shopping mood, so we headed to Storybook to the big store there (and I keep wanting to say StorybRook - any Once Upon A Time fans?!) LOL.

30.jpg

And in here, shopping is just a perk, because I really go for this:
31.jpg

Specifically, the cake pops. SO. FREAKIN. GOOD.
32.jpg

So we shopped and ate, and then after that, we walked on Barnstormer, followed by Dumbo.
33.jpg

Then us girls rode the carousel while the boys watched because they didn't want to go on. :sad2: Then we all tried our luck at getting the sword out, but whatever, I guess we're no Merlin or King Arthur. :smickey:

36.jpg

Josh and I had a little bit before our next fast pass, 7DMT. My brother and his girlfriend booked their trip so last minute that they couldn't get within the same window as ours, so theirs isn't until later.

But first, some Philhar Magic!
37.jpg

So then Josh and I went on Mine Train (so awesome, but better, we later determined, at night), while my brother and his girlfriend headed on rides that Josh and I already did earlier in the day.

38.jpg

When we finished Mine Train, my brother and his girlfriend were just getting on Little Mermaid, so Josh and I decided to do Enchanted Tales With Belle, since there was no wait.

39.jpg

For some reason I thought she came out in her blue dress. I really don't know why. So, I was randomly bummed when it was her typical yellow dress lol.

We met up with my brother and his girlfriend in front of It's A Small world and walked on that next.

40.jpg

We finished just in time for our FP for Peter Pan, so we all headed on that. I'm a little sad we always fast pass this, as I really hear the line itself is awesome, but I just can't bring myself to either 1) wait on that crazy long line or 2) get to the park early enough so that the wait isn't bad.

We still had a little time before our Be Our Guest reservation, so we headed to Winnie The Pooh. The wait was about 15 minutes, and while on line I realized we used all our fast passes and can get a 4th. My brother and his girlfriend still had their outstanding mine train fast pass, so they couldn't, but I got off line and ran to get a 4th for Josh and I (ended up deciding on Splash, but there were still A LOT available at 7:30pm). I then ran back to Winnie The Pooh and made it just in time for the ride.

41.jpg

Continued...

Day 5: Magic Kingdom (Part 5)

Gosh, the back of the castle is just so pretty!

42.jpg

Next, it was time for dinner at Be Our Guest. Josh and I ate here for the first time last trip, and we LOVED it. The atmosphere is truly amazing. It's definitely my favorite Disney restaurant. I had the steak, which was just fabulous - that truffle sauce :love:, but Josh had the chicken and didn't really like it. We learned this time that no one really liked the chicken dish, so they changed it (FYI: Josh says it's now wonderful).

Anyway...

I made our ADR at Be Our Guest right at the 180 day mark. There was some confusion with MNSSHP this year, because at 180 days, the hours were set as if MNSSHP was happening, when that ended up not being the case. Because of this, we had to change around the day we were originally going to Magic Kingdom, because we wanted to eat at Be Our Guest and they were already booked solid. I think the real issue was because we were doing a split stay, and for some reason, the system doesn't recognize that when making ADRs. It was a horrible process because I was only able to do some of them and then had to wait for our second check in date to make the rest. Frustrating.

Anyhow, it ended up working out, but we obviously only had Be Our Guest reservations for 2, since we didn't know until 2 weeks beforehand that my brother and his girlfriend were coming too. We called once we knew, but were told that they couldn't add them. We tried again as it got closer, but still nothing. However, the lady over the phone this time said to just ask them when we check in.

So that's what we did.

We figured we'd try, but if not, we'd just split up for dinner if we had to. BUT, my brother and his girlfriend had never been to Be Our Guest and REALLY wanted to go.

I explained when we checked in that we didn't know they were coming when we booked and yada yada yada. It was actually all very simple and the cast member said no problem - they'd just set the table for four instead of two. It was that easy!!!

44.jpg

We sat in the gallery last time, but Josh really wanted to sit in the West Wing this time. He LOVED it. We didn't make any requests or anything, since we never have luck with that, so we just went with it and figured we'd get what we get. I just hoped for not the gallery, since we already sat there.

45.jpg

I went in to freshen up, and by the time I got back out to the drawbridge they were walking in lol.

And what do you know? Josh got lucky, because we were lead into... THE WEST WING!

46.jpg

Gosh, I just LOVE this place!! My brother and his girlfriend were impressed too. I still standby what I said - it's my favorite Disney restaurant.

47.jpg

Our waiter was AWESOME. So friendly and wonderful.

We started out sharing this...

48.jpg

But Josh couldn't pass up on the French Onion soup that he loved so much last time, so he got that too.
49.jpg

Next up, dinner! So. Good. My steak was just as great as I remember.
50.jpg

51.jpg

Everyone loved their food.

52.jpg

Continued...

Day 5: Magic Kingdom (Part 6)

After dinner, the dessert cart rolled over and... :lovestruc

54.jpg

We all ordered different things, and it was ALL SO GOOD.

Our waiter put a candle in Josh's and came over with a card from the Beast for Josh's birthday!

53.jpg

Here's what I got...

55.jpg

After, we walked through the other two rooms to show them to my brother and his girlfriend before meeting the beast.

56.jpg

So now we just need to sit in the main ballroom next time!!

57.jpg

I love to meet the Beast!! So fun!!

58.jpg

59.jpg
Wishes was about to start, so we made our way to the front of the castle...but first... :rotfl2:
60.jpg

Continued...

Day 5: Magic Kingdom (Part 6)

We didn't have a great view of Wishes because of the construction wall, but it was still pretty amazing. Plus, we literally got there AS the music was starting, so I can't complain.

61.jpg

62.jpg

63.jpg

64.jpg

After Wishes, it was time for my brother and his girlfriend's mine train fast pass, followed by our 4th fast pass for Splash Mountain.

My brother didn't want to go on mine train, and Josh didn't want to get wet again on Splash Mountain, so they headed off to Jungle Cruise while we used the fast passes.

That's when I determined mine train is better at night, and I can't wait for Saturday (two days from now), when we'd be back at Magic Kingdom so Josh can ride it at night too!

After mine train, we headed to Splash Mountain... My brother's girlfriend ended up bringing ponchos today just in case (thankfully, we didn't need them), so we put them on for the ride.

65.jpg

Josh and my brother finished Jungle Cruise just as we were getting in the Splash Mountain car, so they headed over to Haunted Mansion. We finished Splash, and the park was about to close, but Thunder had a 5 minute wait and they let us hop on the line (we ended up getting the last car... it was eerie coming back to an empty Thunder Mountain!).

Josh and my brother met us by the Thunder Mountain exit, and now that the park was closed, we all headed to leave. I wasn't sad, since I knew we'd be back in a couple of days.

As we were leaving - in Frontierland - right by the Hall Of Presidents, we saw the ropes and such for the Electrical Parade. We figured it already happened, since the park was closed, but to our surprise we heard the music coming and waited.

66.jpg

What a blast! The park was empty and there was barely anyone there (in Frontierland at least). My brother's girlfriend and I kept getting all this attention because of the princess tiara's we were wearing. We couldn't help but laugh, but it was so much fun! So between that and barely anyone else around, the characters kept coming up to us and pointing us out.

67.jpg

Once the parade ended, we headed to the exit. My brother and his girlfriend headed to the TTC while Josh and I waited (FOREVER) for the bus back to AKL.

68.jpg

Tomorrow we're off to Blizzard Beach!!

And I'll take a moment to note and point out how EMPTY the park was. We LOVED it. Today really sealed the deal for us in going in September from now on. In fact, we were so nervous prior to this trip, that we had contemplated getting a VIP guide for our day at MK, just so we could get everything we wanted done. I'm SO GLAD we didn't splurge for that!!!! It would have been a TOTAL waste. We not only did everything, but we got to go on our favorites multiple times with little to no wait, and that's just today alone. We still had another day at MK planned later in the trip. Just to give you an example of the bigger ticket items we got to go on today... Splash x3, Thunder x3, Space x3, Mine x2, Haunted x2, Jungle x2.

AMAZING....September is amazing for getting on your favorite rides multiples times. I just wish they had more late night extra magic hours at MK at this time - I understand that the crowd level doesn't call for it, but late night in MK is my favorite time to visit!

Then the cast member got to the group in front of us and asked how many... 8 (!!!). Then he turned to us and flat out said the line was closed. Despite the fact that we were already on it and have been for a good five minutes now! We were SHOCKED. Plus, we are ONLY two people and there was no one behind us. He really couldn't just let us stay? REALLY?!

WHAT! Bummer...I've had this happen to me and I felt the same way...REALLY?!

Don't get me wrong, I like Frozen and all, but I hate that it's EVERYWHERE.

A-freaking-Men!

It was actually all very simple and the cast member said no problem - they'd just set the table for four instead of two. It was that easy!!!

Pixie dust moment. I'm so glad they were able to join you. We absolutely loved our lunch at BOG. I agree with Josh that the french onion soup is amazing....probably the best I've ever had...so deliciously and cheesey!

Sounds like you had an amazing day at MK. Makes me wish I were back there right now.....if only.

CANT WAIT TO HEAR MORE!!!!

AMAZING....September is amazing for getting on your favorite rides multiples times. I just wish they had more late night extra magic hours at MK at this time - I understand that the crowd level doesn't call for it, but late night in MK is my favorite time to visit!

I hear ya! Although, we went back that Saturday night and they had EMH until 2am, which was pretty awesome!! Can't wait to read more on your trip report too!!!

Great updates. The last picture of the castle is wonderful. So glad you for in to Be Our Guest. A little pixie dust for your brother and girlfriend.

Hey there! I followed you over from my own TR! Love your report!!! Your pictures are fantastic! I'm excited to hear about your experience at Blizzard Beach - we went to Typhoon Lagoon last trip and I was kind of wishing we had down BB instead!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter