• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

9 days, 20 ADRs, 14 b-day treats, & 2 happy bellies! Completed!

Loving your reviews so far! We're trying LTT for lunch for the first time this trip and I'm so excited. Cosmic Ray's has always been under my radar, but that chicken looks like something my diabetic mother would love!

Can't wait to read more!:surfweb:

I have to say your review of Akershus is the best I have read and so many pictures, I am truely glad now that I have an ADR there for our October trip. It is just DH and I , I sprung that I booked us there for breakfast just last week , 3 weeks after I made it , he sorta rolled his eyes :rotfl:

Loving your reviews! I was wondering, would you be able to list that actual amount of the TIW discount with each review (like in the Kona breakfast you said the TIW discount was $5ish)? We are really considering getting it and I was just wondering how much you saved at each place with it. You seem to order very similar to us! If it is too much trouble that is OK of course, I just thought it couldn't hurt to ask! :)

Keep them coming, they are great!

Loving the reviews so far. Can't wait for more!! popcorn::

Thanks for joining in! :goodvibes

Loving your reviews so far! We're trying LTT for lunch for the first time this trip and I'm so excited. Cosmic Ray's has always been under my radar, but that chicken looks like something my diabetic mother would love!

Can't wait to read more!:surfweb:

You will have to let us know how you liked LTT. It is on my regular ADR list. :) As for Cosmic Rays, they also have salads on the menu that may be another option for your mother. But the chicken meal (without the skin) may be a delicious choice! :love:

I have to say your review of Akershus is the best I have read and so many pictures, I am truely glad now that I have an ADR there for our October trip. It is just DH and I , I sprung that I booked us there for breakfast just last week , 3 weeks after I made it , he sorta rolled his eyes :rotfl:

Thanks! I liked Akershus and I was definitely skeptical. Tell your hubby that he can pose with a princess and see if that makes it more appealing! :rolleyes1

Loving your reviews! I was wondering, would you be able to list that actual amount of the TIW discount with each review (like in the Kona breakfast you said the TIW discount was $5ish)? We are really considering getting it and I was just wondering how much you saved at each place with it. You seem to order very similar to us! If it is too much trouble that is OK of course, I just thought it couldn't hurt to ask! :)

Keep them coming, they are great!

First, thank for reading along! :wave:

It's not a problem to give you the TIW discount. I will include it from now on but let me give you the discount (20%) for the meals I have reviewed already:

Kona Cafe: Total bill $28.75 - TIW disc. $5.37
LTT: Total bill $53.82 - TIW disc. $10.43
Citricos: Total bill $97.72 - TIW disc. $18.94
Akershus: Total bill $68.29 - TIW disc. $12.00

Note: The "total bill" that I am providing is with the 18% gratuity included. I am not including any additional gratuity paid above the 18%.

We had to spend at least $417 in table service meals to break even with the $75 cost of the TIW card. Based on our estimate of spending at least $900 on TS meals I knew that the card would save us $.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have questions. :)

:woohoo: on having an empty park all to yourselves!! How great!

Love the Princess poses and the review! Yay on being able to get a photo with Belle - I think she is great! I keep reading these breakfast reviews for Akershus and it makes me wonder if I have done the right thing booking it for Dinner. The breakfast buffet looks great.

Btw I have been trying to figure out where I recognise you from and then the other day I clicked on your previous reports and realised I had read them whilst debating whether or not to rent DVC points! I enjoyed reading them and your DD seems to have grown since the last visit!

Oh I hope you enjoyed the oatmeal breakfast...not the same as Macademia Nut Pancakes!! :laughing:

First, thank for reading along! :wave:

It's not a problem to give you the TIW discount. I will include it from now on but let me give you the discount (20%) for the meals I have reviewed already:

Kona Cafe: Total bill $28.75 - TIW disc. $5.37
LTT: Total bill $53.82 - TIW disc. $10.43
Citricos: Total bill $97.72 - TIW disc. $18.94
Akershus: Total bill $68.29 - TIW disc. $12.00

Note: The "total bill" that I am providing is with the 18% gratuity included. I am not including any additional gratuity paid above the 18%.

We had to spend at least $417 in table service meals to break even with the $75 cost of the TIW card. Based on our estimate of spending at least $900 on TS meals I knew that the card would save us $.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have questions. :)

Thank you, this helps a ton!!! :flower3:

Can't believe I just found this thread! Loving your reviews. And, BTW, I am a pineapple macadamia nut pancake kind of girl! I dream about them. Our next trip in July, I got outvoted for Kona for breakfast....but we are going to try it for dinner. Wondering if they will do pancakes for dinner? ;)

Your Kona review just made me book it for breakfast (twice!). We've eaten there for dinner but not breakfast, will be a nice change!

:woohoo: on having an empty park all to yourselves!! How great!

Love the Princess poses and the review! Yay on being able to get a photo with Belle - I think she is great! I keep reading these breakfast reviews for Akershus and it makes me wonder if I have done the right thing booking it for Dinner. The breakfast buffet looks great.

Btw I have been trying to figure out where I recognise you from and then the other day I clicked on your previous reports and realised I had read them whilst debating whether or not to rent DVC points! I enjoyed reading them and your DD seems to have grown since the last visit!

Oh I hope you enjoyed the oatmeal breakfast...not the same as Macademia Nut Pancakes!! :laughing:

Aha! That's us doing what we do best - eating!

And yes, the oatmeal was no comparison to Kona pancakes. Guess I'll just have to book a return trip...

Subscribing

thanks for joining!

Can't believe I just found this thread! Loving your reviews. And, BTW, I am a pineapple macadamia nut pancake kind of girl! I dream about them. Our next trip in July, I got outvoted for Kona for breakfast....but we are going to try it for dinner. Wondering if they will do pancakes for dinner? ;)

Thanks for reading along. :)

Just tell the chef that you are allergic to everything on the menu except the pineapple macadamia nut pancakes and they'll have to accommodate you!! ;)
Enjoy your dinner there.

Your Kona review just made me book it for breakfast (twice!). We've eaten there for dinner but not breakfast, will be a nice change!

You will LOVE it!!

BTW: I admire you... your cooking blog puts me to shame! What an invaluable talent you possess to serve your family in that way. :yay:

041011-331.jpg

041011-334.jpg

We checked into Chefs de France right before our 1:30pm ADR. We had a short wait before we were called to be seated. As with last time, we were seated in the annex dining room that faces the lake. I actually like this spot since you can see the French dude aerialist who stacks the chairs and climbs up to do some crazy balancing acts. I wonder if he has ever fallen? I also wonder if he has good workers’ comp insurance in case he does fall?

Back to lunch…. We were quickly greeted by Francois the handsome young Frenchman. I may get into trouble all over again with my hubby if I say anything other than he was an attentive waiter who provided excellent service. (No more going on and on about how cute he was and how he posed for photos with me and how he left his phone number on my receipt – are they even allowed to do that??)

Dining room:
041011-337.jpg

Table:
041011-338.jpg

We started with beverages and a baguette that was served in a white paper bag with little foil wrapped pats of butter.

ChefsdeFrancedietcoke.jpg

ChefsdeFrancebaguette.jpg

Again, I wasn’t entirely hungry since we had a robust breakfast but I ordered a favorite from this place – the onion, bacon, crème fraiche flatbread (tarte a la flamme alsacienne)…Em skipped the appetizer and ordered the quiche lorraine served with mixed greens salad. I also ordered a bleu cheese salad.

Flatbread:
ChefsdeFranceonionbaconcremefraicheflatbread.jpg

Bleu cheese salad:
ChefsdeFrancebleusalad.jpg

Em's Quiche:
ChefsdeFrancequiche.jpg

The salad was absolutely perfect with bits of bacon, walnuts, crispy croutons, chunks of bleu cheese, and crisp romaine for the base. The dressing wasn’t too think and gooey – it was rather light and didn’t overpower the salad.

Em really liked her quiche. I had a rather large bite and it was exactly as I remembered last time – a generous dose of nutmeg and plenty of tangy Swiss cheese. My “tarte” was delicious. The flatbread was crisp, the onion was cooked tender (perfect) and the bacon was generously portioned. I’m still not sure what crème fraiche actually is (sour cream?) but it was not entirely disgusting. I only ate a little over half but it wasn’t for lack of effort. I wanted to leave room for dessert.

We both ordered crème brulee, which I recall from last visit as being divine! This crème brulee was special – it arrived at my table with a candle and handsome singing Frenchmen! After wishing me a very happy birthday, I thoroughly enjoyed my dessert. The portion at this restaurant is more than generous! However, I ate the entire thing and waddled out of there.

Creme Brulee:
ChefsdeFrancecremebrulee.jpg

The bill came to $49.12 with the automatic 18% gratuity. And I didn’t have to pay extra for the waiter’s phone number that he so generously included at the bottom of the receipt! So strange!

BTW: The TIW discount was $9.52.

Em and me:
041011-365.jpg

Me and the aforementioned Francois:

041011-366.jpg

Just in case anyone thought I was making this stuff up... ;) I was old enough to be his mother so I'm not sure why he was so very attentive and eager to keep coming to our table every 5 minutes???
041011-368-2.jpg

Next Up: Earl of Sandwich - a break from a TS meal.

Nice review. I love quiche :love: happy to hear it was good since we have a lunch ADR for Les Chefs de France on our October trip. It will be our first time ever eating there.

Seems a little risky of the server to leave a phone number, perhaps it was the number of guest services so you could call and complement him as a server?

Did you not see Remy that day? I am hopeing he makes an appearance while we are there

Wow that server really is cute, but definitely weird that he left his phone number on the receipt. I laughed out loud when I saw that.

That's great!! Too funny that he gave you his number. Especially in front of your daughter! He is a cutie! What a compliment!!! :)

Love your reviews...especially Chefs for lunch (planning on it this summer).

Did you see Remy at all?

I am thinking I am more likely to see Remy than to have a hot French guy give me his phone number :lmao:

We were quickly greeted by Francois the handsome young Frenchman. I may get into trouble all over again with my hubby if I say anything other than he was an attentive waiter who provided excellent service. (No more going on and on about how cute he was and how he posed for photos with me and how he left his phone number on my receipt – are they even allowed to do that??)

Great review (as usual)! DW and I have wanted to try Chefs. We ate upstairs at Bistro de Paris during our last trip and loved it so we will definately have to try Chefs next trip. Don't be too hard on Francois, he saw two beautiful women dining alone and couldn't help himself. Remember, he is French! :rotfl2:

A lot of questions here about Remy and I forgot to mention that....
No, Remy was nowhere to be seen this trip. Since we had seen him before it wasn't a big deal but the mouse/rat?? was not making the rounds that day.

Nice review. I love quiche :love: happy to hear it was good since we have a lunch ADR for Les Chefs de France on our October trip. It will be our first time ever eating there.

Seems a little risky of the server to leave a phone number, perhaps it was the number of guest services so you could call and complement him as a server?

Did you not see Remy that day? I am hopeing he makes an appearance while we are there

Hopefully it was just an off day for Remy but I'm not sure. It is a fun thing to experience. Still not sure why Francois left his number but he was very friendly!

Wow that server really is cute, but definitely weird that he left his phone number on the receipt. I laughed out loud when I saw that.

Yeah! :scared1:

That's great!! Too funny that he gave you his number. Especially in front of your daughter! He is a cutie! What a compliment!!! :)

Talk about awkward! :eek:

Love your reviews...especially Chefs for lunch (planning on it this summer).

Did you see Remy at all?

I am thinking I am more likely to see Remy than to have a hot French guy give me his phone number :lmao:

You are too funny! Maybe you will get lucky and see both a handsome french dude and Remy! :rolleyes1

Love your reviews and and pics!

Thanks for reading!

Great review! Can't wait to eat at Chefs and be served by a cute waiter! :laughing:

The majority of the servers were guys but there were a few gals as well....But the guys, they were all very handsome. It must have been a requirement of the job!

Great review (as usual)! DW and I have wanted to try Chefs. We ate upstairs at Bistro de Paris during our last trip and loved it so we will definately have to try Chefs next trip. Don't be too hard on Francois, he saw two beautiful women dining alone and couldn't help himself. Remember, he is French! :rotfl2:

Thanks for reading! Bistro de Paris - wow! I would imagine that their menu would be too authentic for my American taste buds.

Ah yes the French, they do have a reputation. Hey, maybe that is part of their deal - woo those American women and make them want to come back. :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter