9 days 2 resorts FREE Dining Christmas Lights & a bouncing Tigger who stole my heart

Gorgeous pictures of Port Orleans and the ride over to DTD. You can tell that the wind is blowing by looking the waves in the water and the Spanish Moss hanging from the trees.

Love your trip report! We are booked at POR in April!

Continued. . . . .

As we approached DTD our driver told us all about the new Characters in Flight hot air balloon ride at DTD. He told us the cost (I can't remember exactly how much, but I thought it was reasonable) and said that you are on it for just less then 10 minutes. 3 minutes to get up there, 3 minutes at the top, and 3 minutes to get back down. He said you can see all of WDW and all of downtown Orlando. Sounds like fun, huh??? He then informed us that it was closed today due to -- HIGH WINDS!! :mad: Not that we had any definite plans to do it, but we had talked about it a bit and DH said he thought it would be fun. Which is surprising, he's not really a fan of heights.

As we "disembarked" from the boat DS10 asked DH for some money. DH of course asked what for. DS said that he wanted to tip the boat driver! So DH gives him a couple of bucks and DS goes to the boat driver and hands him the money and says -- here, this is for being funny!! :rotfl: Oh that kid is something else!! The driver took the money and said -- I do what I can! :lmao: From what I could see this was the only tip he got. Which brings me to the question of -- are we supposed to tip the bus/boat drivers at Disney??? I mean, if we tipped every bus/boat driver we would be broke by day 2! And are they supposed to/allowed to accept tips? Of course we always tip the ME driver and the Bell Services van/golf cart drivers. But the only time we have ever tipped the regular bus/boat drivers was once when we had a 7:30am ADR at Ohana and the bus driver took us straight from CSR to the Poly (because we were the only ones on the bus), and then this boat guy!

Next up: Lots of DTD shopping and lunch at WPE!

Part of the Disney magic!! :hug:

I'd love to know what others think on the tipping thing! I mean, if we tip the ME driver, what makes him more special than the other drivers? But yes, we would be broke after a few days! We're going on our first cruise in July, and I've been told they basically tell you exactly what to tip everyone, but you don't do it then when you're GETTING the service, you do it at the end...or is it the beginning??? What happens if you don't? They can't spit in your food by that point! :dance3:
(And for anyone wondering OF COURSE I'll follow the rules and tip appropriately). Don't want to get flamed for someone thinking I'm not gonna do it!:sad2::rotfl2:

You DID do an update!! I'm so happy! I read it really fast but I'm going back to read it slowly now.
(My chat with Otis was too too long and now lunch is late!):lmao:

Not that I care or anything.;)

Love the pics of POR. It is so beautiful over there.

Not sure about the tipping thing. We only have ever tipped the Mouskeepers but we don't ride the busses or ME, so I don't know? I'd think no tips- I'm actually suprised the driver accepted the tip from your DS.

hum. good question, I think. I nominate you to post it on the Theme park board and start a riot.

:laughing:

:banana::banana::banana:

Jo

Part of the Disney magic!! :hug:

I'd love to know what others think on the tipping thing! I mean, if we tip the ME driver, what makes him more special than the other drivers? But yes, we would be broke after a few days! We're going on our first cruise in July, and I've been told they basically tell you exactly what to tip everyone, but you don't do it then when you're GETTING the service, you do it at the end...or is it the beginning??? What happens if you don't? They can't spit in your food by that point! :dance3:
(And for anyone wondering OF COURSE I'll follow the rules and tip appropriately). Don't want to get flamed for someone thinking I'm not gonna do it!:sad2::rotfl2:

I would say that people tip the ME bus driver and not the others because the ME drivers handle your luggage.

I don't know. I have never been able to understand the whole tipping thing. Why did I get tipped when I was a hairstylist, but not when I was a bank teller??? I mean, the money was already out at the bank! :rotfl:

You DID do an update!! I'm so happy! I read it really fast but I'm going back to read it slowly now.
(My chat with Otis was too too long and now lunch is late!):lmao:

Not that I care or anything.;)

Love the pics of POR. It is so beautiful over there.

Not sure about the tipping thing. We only have ever tipped the Mouskeepers but we don't ride the busses or ME, so I don't know? I'd think no tips- I'm actually suprised the driver accepted the tip from your DS.

hum. good question, I think. I nominate you to post it on the Theme park board and start a riot.

:laughing:

:banana::banana::banana:

Jo

Yes, I did do an update!! :cool1: Thanks for reading! (I know you've been busy on the phone all afternoon! ;))

Yes, perhaps I should start a thread about the tipping thing and then sit back and watch it get ugly!! :lmao:

Yes, I did do an update!! :cool1: Thanks for reading! (I know you've been busy on the phone all afternoon! ;))

Yes, perhaps I should start a thread about the tipping thing and then sit back and watch it get ugly!! :lmao:

Busy on the phone, busy on the phone- Jo's at home but she's busy on the phone.

:lmao:

Please start that thread--- I need more excitement in my life.;)

Now you know I'd never start any trouble at all.:lmao:

Not ever. Not me.

Thanks on the ticker. I had to work hard for it.

:rotfl:

Jo

Great pics, Shelly! Is that OKW and/or SSR on the way to DTD? We've been on the boat, but I don't remember which resort we passed. How sweet of DS10 to tip the driver! Other than waiters and mousekeepers, I don't think we've tipped anyone else at WDW. I'm feeling guilty now for not even thinking to tip the ME driver. :guilty: We've never taken cabs or used bell services at Disney.

Hey, Jo! :wave2: Good luck to your Gators tomorrow! :cheer2: They have to beat Saban and Bama.

Hi M2PC...We just got back from a Princess cruise, Western Caribbean. The tipping is now handled as an extra charge at the end of your cruise. With us, it was a $11.00 per day per person. That included our steward, our waiter, and all the extra people who help take care of you. What is not included is your bar service and if you go to one of the special restaurants. We always prepare to give a little extra to our room steward and our waiter at the end of the cruise by giving them a envelope with cash. They are the ones who give you the most attention during your cruise. But it is really up to you what you do and how you feel the service was that you receive.

Personally, I like the way Princess now handles it, no more worrying about the amount and finding your waiter and steward at the end of a cruise.

As for tipping at WDW - anyone who helps me with my luggage or gives me extra service will be taken care. That is just my personal feeling.

BTW - we went to see The Frog and the Princess last night at The Walt Disney Studios. We got a studio tour after the movie! Check out my report on the thread over here: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?p=34561659#post34561659

Now you know I'd never start any trouble at all.:lmao:

Not ever. Not me.

Thanks on the ticker. I had to work hard for it.

:rotfl:

Jo

No, you. Causing trouble. No way. No how. :rotfl2:

Great pics, Shelly! Is that OKW and/or SSR on the way to DTD? We've been on the boat, but I don't remember which resort we passed. How sweet of DS10 to tip the driver! Other than waiters and mousekeepers, I don't think we've tipped anyone else at WDW. I'm feeling guilty now for not even thinking to tip the ME driver. :guilty: We've never taken cabs or used bell services at Disney.

Hey, Jo! :wave2: Good luck to your Gators tomorrow! :cheer2: They have to beat Saban and Bama.

That is SSR on the way to DTD. It looks pretty nice!

We only tipped the ME driver because we saw other people doing it on our second trip, and we've done it ever since. (Not a huge amount though.) Plus we noticed the sign up in the front of the bus, something like -- we accept tips for good service. :rolleyes: Talk about asking for a tip.

We have used bell services at CBR and OKW because of our rooms not being near check in. They take the bags right to your door and pick them up there too when you are leaving. So we felt obligated to tip.

Anybody ever notice the "suggested" tips at the bottom of your bills at the TS restaurants??? How about when the servers ask you if you want to put the tip on your credit card? I really don't like that. I would never be able to do that if I was a server! I'd be too embarrassed. We always bring cash for the tip. That's about the only cash we carry on vacation - tip money. So we have learned to just tell the server when they bring the bill that their tip will be in cash! Saves the awkwardness.

:wave:

Thanks-- we are so excited. And Nervous too!!!!!!!! Bah- I really don't care for Saban. It's the way he stomps up and down the sideline- with his foul little mouth.

Sorry to all the Bama fans.:flower3:

Shelly-:rotfl: You know I'm good for starting trouble- just point me in the general direction- it somehow finds me.:rotfl:

Jo

Just printed my Princess and the Frog free movie voucher!!

If you went to MK during certain dates in November you got a card good for a free kids movie ticket. I thought I lost the card, but just found it today. I had to go online and activate the code and print out the voucher. So I have one free kids ticket to the movie with the purchase of an adult ticket. I'm not sure why we weren't given 2 of the cards. . . :confused3 A CM handed us the card after we went through the entrance of MK. He saw we had 2 kids. I thought it would be good for more than one kid, so I didn't say anything. Turns out the code is only good for 1 kid. Oh well, DS10 doesn't want to see it anyway. :rotfl: So hopefully DS8 and I can sneak off to see it alone sometime!

We are planning to go see Old Dogs tomorrow. Our town is having it's Christmas Extravaganza all day tomorrow with a Disney family movie, lots of activities all day, and a parade tomorrow evening. :santa:

^^ That is cool you got a free movie ticket to FP! BTW, I think both of your boys would enjoy the movie - there is a lot of excitement and action in the movie. I am sure they would think "shadow man" is creepy and funny at the same time. The movie doesn't drag - it really keeps moving along. I would say our theater audience was 75% kids and I didn't see them squirming around and complaining. Plus, my boys love the movie and they are 17 and 23 - they didn't think it was a "girly" movie.

^^ That is cool you got a free movie ticket to FP! BTW, I think both of your boys would enjoy the movie - there is a lot of excitement and action in the movie. I am sure they would think "shadow man" is creepy and funny at the same time. The movie doesn't drag - it really keeps moving along. I would say our theater audience was 75% kids and I didn't see them squirming around and complaining. Plus, my boys love the movie and they are 17 and 23 - they didn't think it was a "girly" movie.

That's just it, DS10 thinks anything with Princess in the title is just for girls!! :rolleyes:

That's okay though, DS8 & I will go see it and tell him how great it is and how it wasn't just for girls and then he will want to rent it when it comes out on DVD later!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter