9/7/02 Fellow Cruisers

We haven't received a call about the 9/11 happenings. I was wondering if they gave any specifics like times or location?

McGraw

When I returned Disney's call, the rep said there would be a small ceremony on board from 8:15 to 8:50 a.m. as a memorial for the 9/11 tragedy. She said it was mainly a moment of silence but she didn't give me any more details.

Quickdraw, have you booked your shore excursions yet? I wonder if they're only calling people who have shore excursions already scheduled, which shows the usual Disney efficiency:cool: .

We talked about it, and as much as we'd like to see the ceremony, we're keeping our snorkel excursion to St. John. There aren't any other later snorkeling tour alternatives unless we want to go it on our own, which we don't want to do. Plus, we booked the eastern excursion specifically to see St. John after my boss came back from a cruise raving about how beautiful it was.

Out of curiosity, I asked the rep if they were offering to change times of the excursions, and she said no. They were just offering a chance to exchange or cancel our excursion scheduled during the ceremony. Or we could leave it as is, which is what we ended up doing.

No I have not dived there. Most of my diving as been on western cruises. Are you guys going as part of an Excursion or are you going on your own?

Do we all try to meet up at a designated time and place or do we just go about and if we meet we meet?

It might be difficult with the little ones to really plan anything out as they usually run the show. Two ways you'll know the Goodman family is:

1. We'll wear our lime green ribbons
2. My 2 yr old will probably be the only child around the Mickey pool with a yellow life preserver on (has little bumble bees on it). Just look for the curly blonde child yelling at all the other kids who are touching her toys. She is not a very good sharer yet!

Randy and I will be the couple who appear to be adults in body, but will be acting like big "kids"!;) (Disney always does that to us)

Seriously, we'll be wearing our lanyards with our DIS "handles" on them and the lime green ribbon. Still need to purchase those ribbons. Randy is tall (6'4) with light brown hair. He'll have a much shorter, brunette sidekick (me) with him in a red polo and red checked capri pants. And it's just us -- we have no children -- yet.

Hope to see some of you on board!
:wave:

FYI, fellow 9/7 cruisers. I justed checked the Disney website, and each catagory room from 4-11 was available. Perchance, we might be getting some upgrades?????????

I noticed that as well - two weeks ago, there were no more cat. 7 rooms left and now there are. My TA also recently got us a $400 refund because they announced lower FL resident rates! Anybody know if there is a way (besides calling) to check availability of Cats 1-3?

"He'll have a much shorter, brunette sidekick (me) with him in a red polo and red checked capri pants."

Kim, I laughed when I read your post. You even have your outfit planned! Randy said you were packing weeks ago and had all your clothes planned out. He wasn't kidding :) I am still shopping the summer sales rack looking for something new to wear. Our paper chain is so small now the kids can barely stand it. My 4.5yo DD can count each link(we started at 90 days) and does it at least 3 times a day. I know the time will go by quickly.
Randy, will they give upgrades away if the ship is not full? I was under the impression that upgrades were given when someone else books the cat. room and there is no more available so they upgrade someone (randomly?) that already has that cat. The promise of an upgrade is exciting but I am not counting on it. I just want to be there upgrade or not. I would like to know if anybody else here used DU to book their cruise. I have read that if 8 people book we get some kind of gift. Again, not counting on it but it would be nice.

Janice McGraw

I warned you, Quickdraw. She's got every outfit planned for the whole trip. That's why I love her. :teeth: {{EDIT - Rolling Eyes Smilie Removed To Maintain Domestic Bliss!}}}

I am only guessing on the upgrade situtation. Your description seems to be the most accurate. If poeple want to book a cat 11 room, and there are none available, upgrade someone so you can get the booking. Reward the people who have already booked and who booked early. But then again, that's just a guess. Maybe we'll get a surprize when we get on board. :bounce:

Thanks Quickdraw on the Hobby Lobby tip. I purchased the lime green ribbon today. I had never heard of this store before as my family has just relocated from CT to GA this past year. At times, I am a real fish out of water here but I do love the South.

:Pinkbounc

Shell,

Hobby Lobby is great isn't it? Glad you found the ribbon. We will look for you. Being a 7th generation southerner, I can only imagine the cultural challenges you have faced with your move. I think you will find the south's friendly hospitality will grow on you quickly.

Janice McGraw

My lovely DW got our lime green ribbon last night at Hobby Lobby. That store has the best frames for movie posters (the modular frames).

We are almost in the single digits! Man, this week is dragging!:earsboy:

FYI, I called our TA yesterday to ask her to see if we had gotten an upgrade. She misunderstood what I meant, and called to see if they were selling upgrades cheaper. So, as of right now, I don't know what is going on with our room.

Is the next week going to drag or what? The only things I'll be doing during the next week is packing and tracking. Tracking what you say? I'll be tracking Tropical Storm Dolly which is 2,000 miles away in the Atlantic. They say about 10 days from now it will turn away from mainland US and track east of Bermuda. Let's hope it won't affect us.

Can't These Next Few Days Go Quicker?????

These past two weeks, since we got our cruise docs, have seemed to drag forever.

FYI, I figured out how to check my reservation on line (sneaky me), and we don't show an upgrade yet. :confused: Oh well, maybe soon!

At least we hit single digits.

As for Dolly, I'm counting on some Disney pixie dust to keep us from saying "Hello Dolly!"

When you go to the TA portion of the DCL webpage, they ask for certain numbers from the TA. Those numbers were printed on the documents provided by my TA. That allowed me to log in and see my reservation.

Thanks - Must be down now - I get a message:
No web site is configured at this address.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter