• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

9-29 - How's the humidty/love bugs?

Dis13

Mouseketeer
Leaving in 2 days :cool1:

How's the weather? Still humid?

Are the love bugs still bad?

TIA
Donna

Humidity is down, temps "only" hitting high 80s (opened my windows last night!). Nicest it has been in months. Love bugs seem to be dying down, as well. You picked a good time to come down. :)

LOVE BUGS???
:confused3

Must be one of those things where different regions of the country use different words. We up here in the Northeast usually call them HEAT BUGS.

tinkerbell211 said:
Glad to hear the humidity is down. Do you think that will last?

Humidity is supposed to pick up again Sunday. At this point in the year, we'll have periods of humidity for days then it will go down, and back and forth. It's hard to tell right now.

We're arriving Sun. 10/1 and I've been checking the weather a few places on the net. Unseasonably warm and humid for Sun. High of 90, low of 70. So pool weather during the day and pleasant evening. Works for me as we're planning a day at YC pool for that day and Food & Wine fest in p.m. Have fun!

YAAAAY!!!! We're leaving tomorrow! It's supposed to be slightly cloudy with 20% chance of rain (which, if I understand correctly, is not bad for this time of year?) and I'm SO glad to hear the love bugs are dying down, too!!!! :cool1: :cheer2:

Flying out Sunday afternoon and plans are to go to WDW on sunday evening since it is extended hours for it on Sunday which means the park remains open to midnight so it should be cool and comfortable and hopefully able to get on 4-5 rides. Staying till Friday and hope it will be nice....

I was there Wed and yesterday. If the love bugs were not so bad as another poster had pointed out then it must have been REALLY bad before. I had stopped to grab a plate of fries and water at MGM on Wed and all the tables outside were populated by love bugs. The CM cleaning the tables was cleaning the bugs off of "clean" tables and you can tell she was a little grossed out. You also had to watch your food and drink to make sure you weren't going to have a little mini "fear factor" munch fest. I watched a British family freak out as if the bugs were going to bite them. My car was carpeted with them on the drive up and back.

The weather was nice. So bugs aside, you should have a wonderful time.

We just returned from our trip that began on the 22nd. It was uncomfortable hot on the 23rd, 24th, 25th, and 26th, but was wonderful on the 27th. I believe it was because it rained on the 26th and cooled things down a bit, plus it was overcast. The love bugs were out in droves!

Jason71 said:
Humidity is down, temps "only" hitting high 80s (opened my windows last night!). Nicest it has been in months. Love bugs seem to be dying down, as well. You picked a good time to come down. :)
Wasn't last night beautiful - I left the slider to the pool open with just the screen last night - it was nice to have FRESH air.

skyhawk said:
LOVE BUGS???
:confused3

Must be one of those things where different regions of the country use different words. We up here in the Northeast usually call them HEAT BUGS.

Love bugs are black and red bugs that look a bit like a lightning bug, but without the light. They are called love bugs due to the fact that when the mate - you will see them flying around connected - they look like a two headed bug..... I can't say I ever saw a lovebug in my 45 years of living up north!

They also leave a really big mess on your car if you are driving at higher speed (i.e. not city driving).
Distribution

P. nearctica is known from Costa Rico, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, and the southeastern U.S.A. in the states of Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, South Carolina and Texas

love2.jpg

We drove up today from South FL and started hitting the lovebug swarms just north of Vero Beach area. They kinda dyed down after Yeehaw Jct (not Yahoo Jct). We have been seeing them around the area here but they're not too bad, nothing like what was described on the boards over the last 2 weeks. DD did have a mini meltdown when a set landed on her today...yipes!!

It was beautiful today and tonight. Humidity is down but I have a feeling it will make it way back up soon-still beats the muggy days of August! :thumbsup2

I'm from up north, so it still feels SUPER hot to me when I'm out in the sun. The shade is OK, but the sun is BAD!! Lovebugs are worst in the parking lots/trams!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter