9/28/13. Disney Wonder 7 night Bahamian out of Galveston.

There are so many great ideas out there! How to choose only one or a few to do?! LOL. I hope I don't blow all of my cruise money on FE's just because I think they're so fun.

Monica
(Ron, and Ben - 6yo)

I enjoy crafting so I have the same problem. This time I have 2 cabins to gift from so I HAVE to do more. :lmao:

I have a bag of "stuff" still sitting in my laundry room from our February cruise. I don't really need or want it, but I feel bad throwing it away. I tend towards the more practical things because of that.

Some suggestions I have for everyone based on our last experience:

1) If you make fridge type magnets, make sure they are strong enough to hold at least a piece of paper.

2) A lot of people aren't going to eat homemade food or candy items from someone they don't know.

3) If you live in a dry climate, consider how the heat and humidity may affect your FE project. Will decoupage get sticky? Will you glue or wax items melt?

Can't wait til our next cruise. It will be bittersweet since my granddaughter can't come this time. Thinking about taking another granddaughter on a surprise cruise on the Dream. I am taking her to WDW so I thought about surprising her with a four night as part of our Florida trip. Wish I had thought about this while on board last week.

Yippee!! I logged on here last night and noticed the update at the top about cruising for $699 and 1/2 price deposit. Decided to take a look to see if the cruise was any cheaper, which it was! The prices went down so much, I was able to switch to an oceanview stateroom for about $200 less than what I was paying for my inside cabin. I booked through AAA since my friend works there and I wanted her to get the commission, and she had to call them. It took them a bit but they were able to get everything changed over without having to rebook the whole thing for the new price. So we'll now be in stateroom 1040 (all the way at the bottom, but who cares its a Disney Cruise!!) Even more excited now for this new adventure!!

Yep, definite good news. My wife got an email from our DU travel agent; our verandah room went down by over $500 from when we booked onboard this past SEP.

As empty as Magic was sailing out of Galveston at the beginning of her stint, I'm wondering how low the bookings are for Wonder. Sure, we've got 6 months (OMG, hurry up already!) to go, but damn....they're really cutting rates.

Counting down the days until the Papa Hemingway bar crawl. :)

Yep, definite good news. My wife got an email from our DU travel agent; our verandah room went down by over $500 from when we booked onboard this past SEP.

As empty as Magic was sailing out of Galveston at the beginning of her stint, I'm wondering how low the bookings are for Wonder. Sure, we've got 6 months (OMG, hurry up already!) to go, but damn....they're really cutting rates.

Counting down the days until the Papa Hemingway bar crawl. :)

I was thinking the same thing. I thought they were getting full at first since I had originally only booked a guarantee on an inside cabin, but now maybe not so much since prices have gone down so much. I ain't complaining though. Getting an oceanview on my first cruise ever? Yes please!

Thanks for posting about the code and price drop. I had checked a week or two ago and there wasn't anything available for 4 person cabins, but today I was able to change. We changed from connecting oceanviews on Deck 2 to connecting oceanviews on Deck 1. RAPStar, we'll be a few cabins down from you. :thumbsup2

When you take into account the price and OBC, it saved us over $900 from our previous rate (which was an on board booking discount/credit). I can live with the two smaller porthole windows for that amount. To put things into perspective, that's the equivalent of the 4 adults eating at Palo EVERY SINGLE NIGHT. Tempting...

Thanks for posting about the code and price drop. I had checked a week or two ago and there wasn't anything available for 4 person cabins, but today I was able to change. We changed from connecting oceanviews on Deck 2 to connecting oceanviews on Deck 1. RAPStar, we'll be a few cabins down from you. :thumbsup2

When you take into account the price and OBC, it saved us over $900 from our previous rate (which was an on board booking discount/credit). I can live with the two smaller porthole windows for that amount. To put things into perspective, that's the equivalent of the 4 adults eating at Palo EVERY SINGLE NIGHT. Tempting...

I switched to 1068, but still deck 1. We'll have to say hi!

I switched to 1068, but still deck 1. We'll have to say hi!

Right now we're in 1050 and 1052. I'm super excited that we could get 4 person connecting cabins at this rate. I think this *might* even work out better than kids sail free (for us-we have two under 3), which has been their "we need to fill the Galveston ship" offer lately.

I am looking for the meet board for the Wonder, departing from Galveston on 9/28/13, 7 night Bahamian cruise. is this the correct board? thanks, Teresa

Yes theresa, this is the board for 9/28 Wonder, sailing from Galveston!
Welcome!
Counting days already!!:cool1:

Yep, we were able to upgrade to oceanview on Deck 1 as well, and the onboard credit! We had booked Disney directly and they were really great about it! Even have our cabin assigned instead of the GTY. 1054 - keep the noise down Aggiegirl LOL :rotfl2:

Yep, we were able to upgrade to oceanview on Deck 1 as well, and the onboard credit! We had booked Disney directly and they were really great about it! Even have our cabin assigned of the GTY. 1054 - keep the noise down Aggiegirl LOL :rotfl2:

You'll be next to my mother, MIL, and son (almost 4). We'll try to be great neighbors. I can't guarantee someone won't cry, but all my kids sleep through the night and recover pretty quickly when the inevitable boo-boo happens. It looks like you are are a parent too, so I probably don't even have to say any of this.

FE delivery is sure going to be easy with so many people down on Deck 1!

You'll be next to my mother, MIL, and son (almost 4). We'll try to be great neighbors. I can't guarantee someone won't cry, but all my kids sleep through the night and recover pretty quickly when the inevitable boo-boo happens. It looks like you are are a parent too, so I probably don't even have to say any of this.

FE delivery is sure going to be easy with so many people down on Deck 1!

Deck 1 mini-party! :banana:

Do we have a Facebook page going for our cruise? Do you know how many members we have signed up for this "cruise meet"?

How are you guys findng out about these price drops? I want to ensure that I am getting the best price possible

Do we have a Facebook page going for our cruise? Do you know how many members we have signed up for this "cruise meet"?

How are you guys findng out about these price drops? I want to ensure that I am getting the best price possible

We don't have a facebook page yet. Someone has volunteered to organize the list, but she hasn't been on in a while. I'll PM her and make sure she is still interested.

I just check regularly on the site under Special Offers, and I watch the Disboards news as well as another discount disney site.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter