• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

9/25/14 Southwest 50K point offer back

Judique

Dis Veteran, Beach Lover at BWV, BCV, HHI, VB
For anyone interested in the Southwest Airlines credit card, a couple of those 50,000 point, $99 annual fee, $2000 spend in 3 months offers came to my home today.

I signed up for one of these a while back and my family used the points for over $900 in flights, and I still have a few of the points left over.

Please note this is only available if you received the mailing. The online offer is still 25K miles.

But if you happen to be flying anytime soon SWA has kiosk in the airport offering 50K mile offer I saw them in CLE, BWI and MCO this past weekend.

They just released an offer if you purchase points you will get an extra 35% in bonus points. So 4000 points bought will get you 1400 free bonus points for $110.00

My husband and I have regular SW cards, have had them for 3-4 years.

Can anyone here clarify if we can get the bonus if we sign up for the Premier card? In other words, could we have both? (Assume great credit, that is not an issue)

One of you should cancel your card and then re-up and get it again so you can get the points again

Yes, you can get both. We each got two (4 separate accounts). Quick way to get companion pass!

One of you should cancel your card and then re-up and get it again so you can get the points again
They won't give you a new account if you close one and then try to reopen one. There has to be a 2-3yr span from when you close to when you open again

They won't give you a new account if you close one and then try to reopen one. There has to be a 2-3yr span from when you close to when you open again

I got two different SW Visa cards in just a few months. One regular and one premier.

I've had my regular SW card for a while now, applied for the premier card & now have 61,000 points waiting for me to use!

I did call before applying to confirm my eligibility to receive the points.

My husband called about getting the Premier, but I think we got an idiot on the other end. she had no idea about the various point offers, and about whether he could apply for the Premier too.

I am flying in a couple of weeks, so maybe I will apply for the Premier at the airport and see what happens. And not cancel my current regular card.
:cool2:

My husband called about getting the Premier, but I think we got an idiot on the other end. she had no idea about the various point offers, and about whether he could apply for the Premier too.

I am flying in a couple of weeks, so maybe I will apply for the Premier at the airport and see what happens. And not cancel my current regular card.
:cool2:

I just asked at mco 2 weeks ago and they dont do the premier at the air port:(

I just learned about the companion pass a few days ago, and was kicking myself for all the 50,000 point offers I've received and threw out. I even dug through the recycling bin to see if I still had one. Then, DH got a 50,000 offer in the mail today. woo hoo! But I'm thinking he needs 2 cards to get enough points for a companion pass.
Unless I buy $50,000 worth of shoes so we can save like $2000 on airfare next year...
Can I transfer my points to his account? I only have 4000 or so.
All of a sudden I'm obsessed with SW points. Flying from Portland, OR to Orlando is 1/3 of our Disney World cost every time. Learning how to save on airplane tickets is a priority for me.

I just learned about the companion pass a few days ago, and was kicking myself for all the 50,000 point offers I've received and threw out. I even dug through the recycling bin to see if I still had one. Then, DH got a 50,000 offer in the mail today. woo hoo! But I'm thinking he needs 2 cards to get enough points for a companion pass. Unless I buy $50,000 worth of shoes so we can save like $2000 on airfare next year... Can I transfer my points to his account? I only have 4000 or so. All of a sudden I'm obsessed with SW points. Flying from Portland, OR to Orlando is 1/3 of our Disney World cost every time. Learning how to save on airplane tickets is a priority for me.

Transferred points do not count toward a CP. He would need 2 cards, yes, so the regular and premier or the regular and a business card. It would be better to wait until Jan because the CP is good for the year you receive and the next year. If you got it by the end of this year, it would only be good for the rest of this year and all of 2015. If you wait and have him apply in Jan, you could get the CP by March or April and it would be good through Dec 2016!

I just asked at mco 2 weeks ago and they dont do the premier at the air port:(

Rats. I will ask at both PHL and MCO anyway, thanks for the heads up. :sad1: We do get offers to upgrade to the Premier in the mail, but I am thinking not with 50,000 points attached. (I usually just glance at it and toss it)

Glad that worked out for you!! :cool1: Question. I was approved today and should have mine in the next 2 weeks. I will immediately put $2000 on the card (going to put the trip on it and pay it off immediately). How long will it be before I get my points? Out trip is late January (fly out on January 30th). Are we cutting it too close?

It depends on when your billing cycle is. You won't receive the points until your first billing cycle closes, then it's usually 2-3 days after that.

Transferred points do not count toward a CP. He would need 2 cards, yes, so the regular and premier or the regular and a business card. It would be better to wait until Jan because the CP is good for the year you receive and the next year. If you got it by the end of this year, it would only be good for the rest of this year and all of 2015. If you wait and have him apply in Jan, you could get the CP by March or April and it would be good through Dec 2016!

This is what I am thinking about doing but whenever I see the offer it's always for the Premier card, which I already have. I never see the offer for the regular or how to go about applying in a business name.

Thanks so much for the link! We already have a card with DH as the primary user, but I was able to get one of my own now that I have a PT job.
This puts us much closer to a trip next Fall!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter