9/24/09 3 Day Wonder - Cruise Meets, and FEs, and Goombays oh my!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do Rainforest at AK and TRex at DTD! The people that own Rainforest own TRex. That place is loud but it's a lot of fun! And the food is pretty good!

There's nothing you can really do for a broken toe, is there?

And Karen, I'm keeping my clock lol.

got 5 days off now!! and off up to glasgow for the weekend. really should go pack....
and i've just done the last question for the community board quiz on here, so hoping i win a prize too :) fingers crossed!

have a great weekend everyone and happy easter :)

sorry, havent had any internet access since thursday (apart from my phone, but its a pain in the butt to reply on the disboards on my phone).
had a great weekend though, was nice to get away for a few days, we went up to glasgow to see gary's parents, plus it was his birthday on friday so we were celebrating that too. i didnt know what to buy him, so i ended up booking for us to go sledging at a big indoor ski slope up there, then i booked him a session in one of those flotation tanks/sensory deprivation tanks, he's always wanted to try one.
we went to TGI fridays :):):):):):) i love that place! especially the bar!, did some pin trading at the disney store (got the last pin in a cast set i was looking for), and met up with a friend who used to live down here but moved up there a few years back.
so had a good weekend. how about you?

Hey Girls!! It's been a while. I can't remember the last time I posted here...:confused3

So, my next cruise is in a little over 3 weeks!! I'm so excited. The cruise thread is not NEARLY as exciting as this one was (and is), and our FE has only 5 cabins participating. Oh well, it's still fun!!

I passed the 3rd section of my CPA, so now I have only 1 part left!! I'm sitting for it on May 27th. Hopefully then I will be done!!

How is everyone else doing?? Baseball started today...didn't go so well for my team. :sad2: Oh well, it's only one game!! Talk to you all later!!

We really lucked out with this cruise thread. We had awesome people all around! :thumbsup2

Karen, I've never met anyone who loves TGIFridays more than you! There's one within walking distance of my office. If you ever come visit, I know where to take you! :rotfl2: Tell Gary happy belated birthday for me!

My weekend was good but busy. I went to Dave and Buster's in NYC on Friday night for a friend's birthday and Saturday was filled with running errands. My family was over on Sunday and my nephews had me running around. Those boys tire me out!

Mary, congrats on passing another part of the CPA! It'll be all over soon, good luck on the final part! And so jealous you get to cruise soon! I've been dying to go again. Been toying with the idea of adding a 3 night cruise on before my WDW stay!

If you think Karen loves TGIFridays, you should meet my brother in law!! We eat there ALL the time. He gets on a kick with a place, that that's the only place we ever eat when the family goes out together. It's MUCH better than his latest kick Buffalo Wild Wings. I DO like BWW, but it gets a little old after the 4th time in a row!! :goodvibes

The weather here is awful today, they had baseball sized hail in some places!! Luckily, we seemed to miss most of it, but that is nuts!!

Do they ever have TA rates on the 3 day cruises?? Ours was only $299, so if they have a TA rate it's probably awesome!! We paid for a 12 but got a 9 this time!! Yay for GTY rates!! :wizard:

I've never tried BWW. I'd probably love it cause I loooove buffalo wings!

Sorry about the bad weather. It's gorgeous here. Supposed to be near the 80s all week! 88 tomorrow I think! Crazy!

The TA rates for cruises are weird. You can't call for them more than 90 days out. I think they go based on how full the ship is. There's no set rate. And occasionally they come around with those $25/nt deals but it seems like the only ones being offered lately are the European cruises!

its a shame you cant book TA rates for other people, we really wanted one of those european cruises but the CM discounts ran out by the time i called :(

mary, congrats on the next part of your CPA. only one more to go!

we've had really nice weather here today too, not that i saw too much of it because i was working all day but it seemed nice! it was throwing it down with rain when we left scotland yesterday and got progressively sunnier the further south we got.

i'm not that obsessed with TGIs really, its just that i only ever get to go once, maybe twice a year so i look forward to it. believe it or not we've never actually had a proper meal there, the only food we've had are the bar sharing platters, we mainly go for the bar! now that makes us sound bad....... oh well who cares!

It doesn't make you sound bad. We are the goombay smash girls remember? Though I never actually had one...

i tasted it, that was enough! i think the strength of it did me in, it was a LOT stronger than i thought!

Hey y'all sorry i havent been on in a while i finally have a day off after working 8 days in a straight so i am really tired and i have to start back to class today :sad2: so it isnt really a day off. Congrats Mary on being one step closer to being a CPA I know my mom is also proud of you since she is a CPA.

My toe is almost healed it still hurts but atleast its not black and blue, Karen when ever we go to TGIFridays all we eat are the appetizers kinda sad but we love em'
I had a great easter we had my little brothers birthday party the saturday before easter so that was our easter celebration since all of my family was there i ended up getting silly stringed from HEAD TO TOE thanks to my brother and my husband.
We did get lucky with this cruise board the one for our Dream cruise has 3 or for families on it so far including me and greg but we havent made it passed one page yet. However all of the ones involved thus far want to do FE gift exchange and meet on the ship so that should be cool. I doubt we will get lucky and find someone who we would want to share dinner with like all of yall. I miss you all and i will talk to you later i have got to get ready for class.

Hey Lainey!! Toe injuries stink -- I broke my toe at camp once from stubbing on the stairs too much. Very painful!!

While my cruise this month has a low turnout here -- the Dream Maiden Voyage, on the other hand, is nuts!! I'm doing the linked late dining, so that should be a project!! Right now i'm working on a list for the FE stuff too, so far we have over 100 cabins!! :scared1::scared1: There were 101 on the list, but some of the people on the list put down more than one cabin, so there's even more than that. How in the world do you do a FE with THAT many people?? I think we will have to split it up or something. I'd have to bring a ginormus suitcase just for the FE stuff!! LOL!!

BWW is good, and I like it...but they don't have a huge selection if you don't like wings. There is a chili's right next door do that, I said that next time we go out I am not going to BWW, we have to go to chili's or something else. I know my BIL likes it because they have the two most important things to him: Beer & Sports!! HA!!

100 cabins!!! :scared1: I think you guys may have to end up splitting that up into groups. That is just way too much stuff to buy, make, and bring on board. Figures the MV would be full of DISers! :) I've been dying to go on a cruise. Maybe next year...

Hello Ladies! Sorry I've been away so long, but I had reconstructive surgery on my elbow, and finally feel well enough to spend time typing. I completely destroyed the tendons that connect to my elbow in a fall I had while working at my part time job. I had surgery in March to get everything back to working the way it is supposed to. I am finally back at my full time job, and I get to start physical therapy next week. We leave for Disney in three weeks, so I want to be ready to grip the safety bar on Everest :happytv:!

How are you all doing?!

Ouch! That sounds painful! I'm glad everything is ok now and getting back to normal for you. Welcome back to our thread :) We all need to plan another cruise together soon! And I'm jealous you get to go to Disney so soon!

I've been good, keeping myself busy with work and friends mostly. Work is starting to pick up a bit since the weather is starting to turn and the summer is not too far away. I need more Disney trips to plan for people though, I only have 3 upcoming. Last year I think I had about 5 people traveling the same week in August alone. Disney keeps me busy! :) I've been busy planning my own trip in October, of course. ;)

Still waiting for my clock, Karen. Maybe they'll send me two by accident! :rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter