9/19/09 Western Magic

I just wanted to say to everyone who is having medical issues and not feeling well - I am so sorry! I hope everyone gets to feeling better!! Paige, I hope they can figure out soon what is causing your redness and swelling! I read your other post over on your pre trippie!!

I think it's a great idea to get some things together to take back home to the 10 year old boy. What a horribly sad story! I can't even fathom it.....:sad1:

I'll be praying for all my dis friends to feel better!!! :goodvibes

Hi... I am sorry I am about to be a downer,,, so if you don't want to read this post, I totally understand...

I need to get something off my chest, that has been weighing heavily on my mind...and my heart....

I work with a 10 year old boy that was so badly beaten and burned and left for dead by his mother's boyfriend that he has acquired brain injury... he walks with a limp from the beatings...these are just the physical scars... I can't even imagine the emotional ones. He spent a lot of time in ICU and in rehab and its a miracle he is alive.

I brought him and his little brother (who was also badly hurt) a towel with mickey on it from my last trip in July... I want to bring something special back for them again...anyone have any ideas??

He is such a special little guy and he now has no contact with his bio family and lives in a foster home. Likely he will never get to Disney

I am trying to get him a wish for make a wish foundation but I think you have to have a life threatening illness. His was at the immediate time after the beating, as he was in a coma etc.. but he is not now... How can I bring a bit of magic to these two boys... (this is when I wish I had lots of money to buy them a trip....:confused3)

Anyone have any ideas???

Denise

How sad! I have a good friend who makes wishes come true through Make a Wish... He is in Philly so let me see if I can get some answers for you about that! I know they just sent a family to Fla for a long weekend and he considered it an "easy" wish!

Thanks to all of you who have replied both via the boards and pm's about the little boy I am working with and the wonderful ideas that you have given me. To those of you wanting to leave things for him in our FE, feel free to do so. I will make sure that he and his brother get those items.

For those of you wondering what type of work I do with him. I am a Child Protection worker and thus I am this little guys legal guardian. I will be his worker until he is 21. My entire caseload consists of children with special needs.. At this time, he is the only one who has a special need induced by such horrendous abuse.

On a happy note, my daugthers dance studio has offered to allow him to participate in a hip hop class for the year free of charge. Despite his leg problems he loves to sing and dance, so I am thrilled for him and very thankful to the dance studio.:love:

His little brother has a birthday on the 10th and I am making him a spiderman cake, so I will hunt down the pan and do that today and then freeze it for his little party.

Its going to be a busy weekend,,, got to finish the FE for our cabin, the one for my parents is done, clean and pack and going to the Jonas brother concert on Sunday.

Thanks again everyone!!!!:hug: for your kind thoughts, wonderful ideas for both my little guy and also for my parents.

Denise

FYI: we booked Wishes dessert party during the HP on the 18th. Looks awesome and you have a perfect spot to watch the fireworks and parade. Here is the info:
http://www.disunplugged.com/2009/06/24/disney-debuts-magic-kingdom-wishes-dessert-party/

looks very similar to the dessert buffet onboard but with a prime spot to watch the fieworks/parade!

Yes I was very excited about this, we booked for 09/12. It will be a big surprise for DH, DS, DD.

Yesterday, I was checking AP rates at CBR to see if the had any Preferred Rooms come up yet, and then saw that the price had decreased from when I booked it. I called and they credited me. I saved $67.00!:cheer2: Yeah that will almost pay for the Wishes Dessert Party.

I just checked on our cruise documents and they will not be here till 09/02.

TinkandCinderella - We would be more than happy to bring some sunshine into the lives of your little guys. Is there any character they like in particular?

Wishing everyone a great day see you in 3 more weeks!

Our documents are in transit and will be here on Monday. :cool1::cheer2:

Hey Neighbor! (LOL...bad enough that we IM on FB...now I'm sending you a message via the DIS boards:lmao:).

I checked ours and we are scheduled for 8/31 delivery too!! :woohoo: What about Debby - did she check on hers? So I guess we'll be parked out in the front yard waiting for the UPS truck to come down the street! :hyper2:

I checked Jan's and hers is scheduled for 9/1...an extra day to get to the West Coast. Sent her an email to tell her to be on the lookout for it.

Yippee...so excited!!!! :yay:

Just stopping to say Hi to my 'dis' friends!:yay: DH is working for the next 3 weeks straight to get extra money for my on board drinks-oops, darn it, I meant tips and souvenirs:laughing:. So I am trying to drag DD off to go to get some more cruise things, but there is a darn marathon :happytv:of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse this morning and it is all about Pluto...:rolleyes: Rather than fight a losing battle on that one, I am writing more stuff on my shopping lists. Won't matter though, I will end up leaving the lists at home and doing impulse buying anyway.;)

And for all of you that started talking about 'Switch Flops':cool2:. I of course had to go get a pair. Well then I had to limit myself on the straps. But the good thing was the Hallmark I went to has a 20% off everything if you buy there .99 cent bag.. It's going all weekend, so guess what else is on my list?? :goodvibes They are so comfortable!!! Thank you!!

Okay, I hear the show winding down, hopefully it was the last of the marathon.. Not that I am complaining about it, it's much better than that yellow sponge guy!! That laugh just gets to me:scared1:!

Take care, have a great weekend all. Time is moving faster. Dennis, I think your one of the first to start your vacation soon? May you have safe travels. :flower3:

multi-tasking while waiting for computer at work to finish doing its thing....so am working on expanding FE lists to include more info.

and I am trying to put names in the chart....for the kiddoes and the adults.

I compared folks on the database list with Yonkergirl/now Paige's FE#1 list or Wan's FE#2 list...there are some who are not on either list. (I will be crushed if kids miss out on goodies:sad2::sad2:....long story, will tell you on the ship after much wine, or maybe no wine, if it is a talkative day....)

like Givicano & Carolri-- Gretchen from Canada? Carol? is they on the list under a different name?

OFFICIALLY MISSING NECESSARY INFORMATION:

finfans adults' names and DD's name.

3boyslovediz - Penny's DS's names plus DH's name

Tink&Cinderalla's two DD's names, plus DH's name

Lizzy'sMom - DHs name

salbythec - the adult's names

Melissa R - two DS's names (I assume mom is Melissa)

Asaloo - two adults names

Momof3belles - three daughter's names (and which go with the ages)

5cruisingDisney - all kids names and which go with the ages

Disneyfan551 - adults names.

jonesing/gabby - DS name, DD name, adults names

Parents/Sister to Kirstin - 3 adults and related to Andrea (Kirstin's mommy)?

gwtinkerbell427 - your mom's name

Good things come to those who provide names for me......don't make me beg. It's a pitiful sight to see (but at least I won't hear myself since I am still mostly deaf....lol).

if you don't want to post officially, can you send me PM or post to the yahoo group?

Yes I was very excited about this, we booked for 09/12. It will be a big surprise for DH, DS, DD.

Yesterday, I was checking AP rates at CBR to see if the had any Preferred Rooms come up yet, and then saw that the price had decreased from when I booked it. I called and they credited me. I saved $67.00!:cheer2: Yeah that will almost pay for the Wishes Dessert Party.

I just checked on our cruise documents and they will not be here till 09/02.

TinkandCinderella - We would be more than happy to bring some sunshine into the lives of your little guys. Is there any character they like in particular?

Wishing everyone a great day see you in 3 more weeks!

I am excited too...although from the posts I have read...it will not work for the parade during MNSSHP but that is ok...this will be a breather before the fireworks! :woohoo:
How are you keeping all this a secret....you are good! popcorn::

multi-tasking while waiting for computer at work to finish doing its thing....so am working on expanding FE lists to include more info.

I compared folks on the database list with Yonkergirl/now Paige's FE#1 list or Wan's FE#2 list...there are some who are not on either list. (I will be crushed if kids miss out on goodies:sad2::sad2:....long story, will tell you on the ship after much wine, or maybe no wine, if it is a talkative day....)

like Givicano & Carolri-- Gretchen from Canada? Carol? is they on the list under a different name?

OFFICIALLY MISSING:

Lizzy'sMom - DHs name

Good things come to those who provide names for me......don't make me beg. It's a pitiful sight to see (but at least I won't hear myself since I am still mostly deaf....lol).

if you don't want to post officially, can you send me PM or post to the yahoo group?

Check the database on the yahoo group too for more detailed info on some....
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sept09cruisingmagic/database?method=reportRows&tbl=1
there is more than one page of folks too...remember to next page at the bottom...I always forget that part :rolleyes1
I did not check for the ones you are missing...just thought I would mention it! So you knew it was there. HTH :3dglasses

Just wanted to check in and touch base about the list that I have. I am not sure about the 2 that you had mentioned but the list has been posted several times for everyone to verify that they were on if they had sent their name in prior to me taking over the list and did not here from anyone that said they were missing. I sooooo hope there isn't anyone missing from our list but if there is, PLEASE PLEASE alert me ASAP!:confused3 I'm just worried that this close to the cruise - some may not be able to add another cabin to what they have done, etc. I don't want any of our fellow cruisers to miss either if they are working on gifts for others but we had brought this up a few months ago when we were deciding on whether to extend the list or not :).

Thanks, everyone!:wizard:

it is the two who are on the disboards database but not on either list and then chrislei who is not posting anymore...the rest is just missing info (altho I found a grama hiding in a description,making my adult count 73 on FE1.

it is the two who are on the disboards database but not on either list and then chrislei who is not posting anymore...the rest is just missing info (altho I found a grama hiding in a description,making my adult count 73 on FE1.

Can you PM me? I still cannot do that, as I need 10 posts.

I added words to the original post...not missing people under the "officially missing"....just missing information as I need names.....for a good reason.

Just wanted to check in and touch base about the list that I have. I am not sure about the 2 that you had mentioned but the list has been posted several times for everyone to verify that they were on if they had sent their name in prior to me taking over the list and did not here from anyone that said they were missing. I sooooo hope there isn't anyone missing from our list but if there is, PLEASE PLEASE alert me ASAP!:confused3 I'm just worried that this close to the cruise - some may not be able to add another cabin to what they have done, etc. I don't want any of our fellow cruisers to miss either if they are working on gifts for others but we had brought this up a few months ago when we were deciding on whether to extend the list or not :).

Thanks, everyone!:wizard:

Check the database on the yahoo group too for more detailed info on some....
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sept09cruisingmagic/database?method=reportRows&tbl=1
there is more than one page of folks too...remember to next page at the bottom...I always forget that part :rolleyes1
I did not check for the ones you are missing...just thought I would mention it! So you knew it was there. HTH :3dglasses

Here are our names:

Denise (me) Cabin 6510
Peter (dh)
Jessica dd 11
Kimberly dd 7

and my parents:

Ingrid & Hans - cabin 6500

Thanks

Denise

Well ... jonesing is HC (don't ask!!), Gabbie is meee! Amy, My sister, who is not on here but will be sailing with us is MarySue, and the kids are Nathan and Lauren...

Anything else just ask away!

Lizzy'sMom - DHs name

hi so_oregon,
my girls names are
Isabelle age 10
Annabelle age 6
Mirabelle age 3

hope this helps,
Lee Ann

Lizzy'sMom - DHs name

Forgot to include the adults names if you need them: Lee Ann, Vincent, and Shelby with the 3 Belles :) in cabins 5637 and 5639!
Lee Ann

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter