9/19/09 Western Magic

Besides Dolphin Discovery in Cozumel, We are doing Rum Point Beach & Stingray Snorkel in Grand Cayman, Watercraft Ski Adventure :woohoo: in Castaway Cay Oh! and Palo Brunch on first day at sea (Monday) at 11:30

Dennis

Just wanted to let everyone know that Disney Outlet online has an extra 20% swimwear and accessories.

Dillards has taken an extra 40% off their clearance as well. A lot of swimwear and summer clothes.

Hope this helps at least someone.

Have a great day!
Melissa

Super!!!. With 15, you will need a wrangler license to keep track of them.

We are also doing Nachi Cocum (sp???) - most of our group of 15 is going. Almost every review we read on it was glowing....looking forward to the food and drinks and, of course, the beach! Should be a good day as long as the weather cooperates. :cool2:

We are undecided for Grand Cayman...anyone have any insight on any of the Seven Mile beach areas/resorts? There doesn't seem to be one that is "equivalent" to the Cozumel one. :confused3

Laurie

y'all are doing a really bad distracting job today.....no posts for reading when I sneak away from reading boring stuff.

Here's a question: I know that somewhere I read that Disney had disabled VOIP calls. But, really, does Skype work? if you are already on the internet, paying for minutes that way, I wonder if it will work

(already dreading the Jasmine melt-down when she doesn't talk to her mom every day).

Karen

3 weeks today till I get married at Disney World!!!!!!

3 weeks and 2 days till we all go on the cruise!!!!

Was a bit miffed today as all the cruise documents came through for my Mum's cruise but she doesn't sail until the 20th on the Wonder... go figure? :confused3 Guess that means that ours should be on their way soon though. All my holiday money arrived today too, I feel rich :laughing:

See you all soon.

2nd FE LIST

Here's who I have so far on the list. If anyone else would like to be added please post or PM me. Thank you! So far we have 18 adults, 6 boys, and 6 girls! We'd love to have more!

salbythec
Melissa R
Ashaloo
Queenofthecastle
Momof3Belles
5CruisinDisney
so_oregon
Disneyfan551

Wan (and Todd) from Oregon

Hi Wan,
Our cabin numbers are 5637 and 5639. Could you please let me know the ages of the children on the FE list? Thanks!
Lee Ann

Had a lot of catching up to do.

daveyc150, Congrats again, you must be getting super excited!

JackaroosMom , and so_oregon, you will love nochi cocum, we were there in Oct 08, and had a great time, the day we were there it couldn't have been more then 20 people, so peaceful and relaxing, and the drinks and food is good, BTW, the cheesecake is amazing, and they also make there own ice cream.

dennismcneely, we done Dolphin Discovery in Cozumel, and rays, reefs and rum point (through nativeway) in 2007 while on rccl mariner of the seas, we had a great time at both, if you haven't been to rum point it is a highlight, we are going there again this year. Oh, and we will also be having brunch the same time as you.

Will run for now.
Tammy

home from the doctor and in the bed :sick:...I had to have a prednisone injection and I feel yucky but the inflamation in my face and redness is a little better!
lots of test done today! hopefully an allergic reaction to medication and not lupus or a positive ANA.

boy this thread has been busy today...excited cruisers :dance3:
Cruise Docs yay......
all the talk about flip flops...I ordered dh and I Birki's (Cuba) from germany and they aren't here yet....but birki's has a new waterproof bottom flop. DH and I live in flops (he does not like the ones that go between the toe either) our new ones are like this in different pattern!
http://www.happyfeet.com/Products/CUBA-BIRKO-FLOR__BICUBBF5.aspx
here is hoping they show up before our cruise!!!:upsidedow

Hi

Sorry you are feeling yucky... Do you have Lupus??? I have had it for years but it went into remission every time I became pregnant... now its been the longest without flare ups but recently have started again and was on plaquenil for awhile... have to watch the sun when we go..

Hope you are feeling b etter

Hugs

Denise

Hi... I am sorry I am about to be a downer,,, so if you don't want to read this post, I totally understand...

I need to get something off my chest, that has been weighing heavily on my mind...and my heart....

I work with a 10 year old boy that was so badly beaten and burned and left for dead by his mother's boyfriend that he has acquired brain injury... he walks with a limp from the beatings...these are just the physical scars... I can't even imagine the emotional ones. He spent a lot of time in ICU and in rehab and its a miracle he is alive.

I brought him and his little brother (who was also badly hurt) a towel with mickey on it from my last trip in July... I want to bring something special back for them again...anyone have any ideas??

He is such a special little guy and he now has no contact with his bio family and lives in a foster home. Likely he will never get to Disney

I am trying to get him a wish for make a wish foundation but I think you have to have a life threatening illness. His was at the immediate time after the beating, as he was in a coma etc.. but he is not now... How can I bring a bit of magic to these two boys... (this is when I wish I had lots of money to buy them a trip....:confused3)

Anyone have any ideas???

Denise

he has a foster care worker?

perhaps you could work with her permission to get a local service club to adopt him as their special project? Rotary or Kiwaniis? Maybe the Exchange Club (I think the Exchange Club's project is child abuse prevention). If they keep him in their thoughts, then it wouldn't be just one big thing, but a lot of little ongoing joys brought to his life.

Karen

I finally got a hit on the UPS site on my cruise docs. Billing info has been received, so at least they are on the grid now. Being so close, I should have mine tomorrow or Monday at the latest. :cool1::rotfl::cheer2:

Hi... I am sorry I am about to be a downer,,, so if you don't want to read this post, I totally understand...

I need to get something off my chest, that has been weighing heavily on my mind...and my heart....

I work with a 10 year old boy that was so badly beaten and burned and left for dead by his mother's boyfriend that he has acquired brain injury... he walks with a limp from the beatings...these are just the physical scars... I can't even imagine the emotional ones. He spent a lot of time in ICU and in rehab and its a miracle he is alive.

I brought him and his little brother (who was also badly hurt) a towel with mickey on it from my last trip in July... I want to bring something special back for them again...anyone have any ideas??

He is such a special little guy and he now has no contact with his bio family and lives in a foster home. Likely he will never get to Disney

I am trying to get him a wish for make a wish foundation but I think you have to have a life threatening illness. His was at the immediate time after the beating, as he was in a coma etc.. but he is not now... How can I bring a bit of magic to these two boys... (this is when I wish I had lots of money to buy them a trip....:confused3)

Anyone have any ideas???

Denise

Thank you for sharing this story, I had to go and hug my DS10, yes he still lets me hug him if no one is looking, sh don't tell him I told you. How about a little stuffed someone of their own, something small because these fosters unfortunately move around alot. Something to make them smile and think disney thoughts everytime they are hugged. Bless you for your caring heart

Last minute FE Planning, I am having trouble coming up with something for our older teens. Adult I got, babies, no problem, kids done, I can't think of anything that the older ones will appreciate, or at least won't find out how lame I really am. SH! That's a secret don't ruin my cool reputation lol
see you all soon. Can't wait!

I had a notice tonight on my door from purolator- actually two tracking numbers.

DH thinks its the Cruise tickets and they will try to deliver again tomorrow!!

Lets hope it is really the tickets

Does anyone happen to know where docs come from if you have used DU? I am not thrilled with them at the moment because i requested all paperwork go to me and my mother got information regarding the cruise sent her and ruined the surprise months ago!
And I want to be looking for them and know who to harass if i dont get them.

How can I bring a bit of magic to these two boys... (this is when I wish I had lots of money to buy them a trip....:confused3)

Anyone have any ideas???

Denise

Have you read the threads about the characters signing like pillow cases or picture frames... that might be something special... something that is uniquely theirs with that personal Disney touch... Just a thought! Good luck with whatever you decide to do! ;)

Anyone have any ideas???

Denise

You do not need to have a lie threatening illness for Make a Wish. Though I do believe how big the wish granted depends on the how great the illness. i.e my friends daughter has seizures and they got a new computer. My other friends son had a life threatening illness and they were sent to Disney. So I definitly would apply for Make a Wish.

I will be trying to think of ideas for gifts and may have to hunt you down if I see something on the ship that I think would be good. Please give both boys a hug from me because the most important thing is that they get the love that they were not given before

Lisa

Sorry folks if my story/photo of the Barracuda has somehow scared you, that was not my intention at all, actually if I thought it was a dangerous event, I would not be planning to go snorkeling there with my wife and my 7 year old. I did some research about Barracudas when I got back home and found out that they are not usually hostile, but they can sometimes attack if they see brilliant things, so it is always a good idea to leave the 'bling-bling' at your cabin.

I hope I didn't make it worse. Really most things that live in the ocean are relatively harmless. They usually will leave you alone unless you harass them. Barracuda, eels, sharks, etc. We have dived with them all with no problem. Of coarse we don't swim right up to them and try to pet them either.

We actually went on a shark dive in Tahiti (quite by accident I assure you) and I was surprised at how little interest they had in us. We had just been certified before we went there and were so excited to dive that one of the first things we did when we checked into our all inclusive resort was to go to the dive center and sign up for the very next available dive. We didn't even look to see what type of dive it was. We didn't find out it was a shark dive until we arrived at the reef and the dive master started talking about how we all should hold onto the bottom because if we started floating up the sharks would think we were part of the chum (the bloody food they put into the water to attract the sharks) and that would be bad. My DH and I just looked at each other with shock on our faces-Yeah, that would be bad. Of coarse we acted like it was no big deal to the dive masters and other divers (yeah, we go on shark dives all the time-no big deal!) We were supposed to feel totally safe though because the dive master was going to be there between us and the sharks with these sticks that had a sharp knife on the end. Yeah, they were just going to poke the shark on the nose and he'd swim away. Uh huh. Armed with that bit of comfort we took the plunge. They chummed the water and very soon three sharks that were about 11-12' long started circling our group. So much for the dive masters being between us and the sharks. They circled us about three times checking us out. I can't lie, It was a little freaky looking a 12' shark in the eye and making eye contact. They were just curious though and then when they had their curiosity satisfied they ate the chum and swam away.

Most things in the sea are the same. They won't get aggressive unless they feel attacked or threatened in some way (except great white sharks- those guys are just mean- bullies!) If you just go about your business they will leave you alone. Anyway long story to say not to worry about the Barracuda in Castaway Cay or Cozumel or Cayman or wherever you see them. Nothing to worry about. Unless you go try to pet them with your gold sequin bathing suit on. Then you may have something to fret about;)

Has anyone got their cruise documents yet?? I'm hoping very soon as we leave on in just 9 days!!:yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter