9/19/09 Western Magic

HI Everyone. Sounds exciting to get cabin upgrades; congrats.

Paige we are practically neighbors :rotfl:

FE gifts purchased, luggage making its way down from the attic.

See everyone in a month :banana::banana::banana:pixiedust:pixiedust:

We are ready to sail the Magic and celebrate in style.

:thumbsup2we got a paid upgrade offer from a CAT 11 to a CAT 8 for $150! And we took it....:cheer2:

Our cabin number is NOW 5012.......:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:
we are so excited...we really wanted a split bath and now we have a window! Please change us to 5012 on your FE list! Thanks.

mrsjvb - congrats!!! so glad your dh is home safe and sound...enjoy :cloud9:

welcome newcomers!!! sorry cannot remember your names...but welcome!!! I looking forward to reading about your famililes!!

Paige!! I'm so happy for you! Congrats on the upgrade! :cheer2:

I got some sparkle spray tonight for princess hair! You spray it on when you're done with putting the hair up, and you have beautiful silver glitter all over! It was so pretty! Whoever needs some for their princesses is welcome to use some on the cruise! (I'll carry it with me and spray everyone down with glitter!) I'm definitely not an expert, but I would love to help out with any little princesses hairdos!

Hello to everyone!! See you soon!

I got some sparkle spray tonight for princess hair! You spray it on when you're done with putting the hair up, and you have beautiful silver glitter all over!
:mad: Not to be a spoilsprort but I'm going to sit as far upwind as possible from y'all and that glitter! One good puff of air and like pixie dust :wizard:, that stuff will never come out of my tux! :laughing:

Sorry, day late on the check-in...meant to do it last night before going to bed and my tired state took over. We are so excited to be at the 30 day mark...my DS is sleeping with his little Disney Magic ship (that Yonkrs_Grl's family gave him from a past cruise) so even though he doesn't really understand the magnitude of what he's about to encounter, he knows he should be excited and he is!:yay:

I thought I hit pay dirt yesterday at CVS on water shoes....all their summer stuff is 40% off and the shoes were regularly $7.99 so a great deal....if they had the right size...mostly had girls sizes. But I pass that on as it may be a possibility for some of you.

I am on the hunt for a rash guard for my DS who is 5 so if anyone comes across one???? :confused3

Looking forward to meeting all of you!

Laurie

Hello Everyone! Welcome to all the newcomers to our DIS Group and congrats to all those receiving upgrade offers!!!

I have been updating the spreadsheet with cabin numbers as people get them to me.

I know some are leaving home 2 weeks before we cruise so I will plan to get the list and cabin #'s ONLY PM'd to all at that time. Since the adult and kids won't change and I will be able to PM just the "names" and cabin #'s - I will do that if that is ok with everyone to make it easier!

Also, let me know who I need to email the list to for the Yahoo group - sorry I have lost track of that somewhere :rotfl:

Cannot wait for the cruise!!! We booked ours in April '08 and to be soooo close is so hard to believe!

Have a great night!

Monica
:dance3::woohoo::yay::cheer2::cool1:

i need the yahoo group as well please!

Sorry, day late on the check-in...meant to do it last night before going to bed and my tired state took over. We are so excited to be at the 30 day mark...my DS is sleeping with his little Disney Magic ship (that Yonkrs_Grl's family gave him from a past cruise) so even though he doesn't really understand the magnitude of what he's about to encounter, he knows he should be excited and he is!:yay:

I thought I hit pay dirt yesterday at CVS on water shoes....all their summer stuff is 40% off and the shoes were regularly $7.99 so a great deal....if they had the right size...mostly had girls sizes. But I pass that on as it may be a possibility for some of you.

I am on the hunt for a rash guard for my DS who is 5 so if anyone comes across one???? :confused3

Looking forward to meeting all of you!

Laurie

Laurie - I have seen rash guards for boys at the disney store. You can also order them online. Just google it, and you'll find different stores. If you have a Dick's sporting goods, they also have some. Also maybe REI. Someone else posted Lands end and Kohls for water shoes.

:mad: Not to be a spoilsprort but I'm going to sit as far upwind as possible from y'all and that glitter! One good puff of air and like pixie dust :wizard:, that stuff will never come out of my tux! :laughing:

Oooohhhhh, I'll be sure to stay away from all tuxes with the glitter spray! Only for princesses! :thumbsup2

Thank you to all for the nice well wishes.

Mrsjvb, Great news! I am so glad for you

Paige, Wow! great upgrade.

Kileybeth, I am looking forward to meeting you as well. You sound like a very fun person and both our DS( the 6 year olds) can hang out together. By the way, great pick on the Nikon. I have been a photographer for 16 years and that is what I use!

gagmomof2, Hope you DD is ok. Sending here Pixie dust

Kirstin's mommy, I hear you on the classes. We had to sign the kids up for indoor soccer and we still have to get their shoes:scared1: It is all so worth it though.

Gretchen, love the kids hair and the glitter spray sounds great! I have some really cute accessories for my daughters hair, I just have to figure out what styles I am going to do it. She has very long, very thick hair

DH finished the FE last night. It looks awesome! All of our FE gifts are finished and the kids ones are packaged up. I just have to package the adults gifts and then print out the stickers. We are starting to write the clues to the kids treasure hunt tonight. DH has some really amazing ideas for the hunt. We have decided to do it on August 30th. We leave on the 13th of Sept. This way they will have a few days to get excited and talk about it, plus I will finally be able to finish packing without having to hide it! I ordered the Hannah Montana movie for Brooklyn and it came yesterday:yay:. I did not take her when it came out in theatres because I thought it would be a great distraction on the way down. I am just waiting for Bishop's 3D Spy Kids movie to come. I had picked up a few other new movies for them to watch already. I had also pick up a few new DS games but there is one more each that I want to get them as well. I also charged up their leapsters. They haven't played them since they received their DS at Christmas and I forgot all of the games that they have for them. I am hoping that they travel as good as they did last year. We drove 800 KM before we would stop for gas, bathroom and food. They would eat in the car and each stop only took about 20 minutes. They each have their own DVD player, DS, Leapster, MP3 player and my DH just bought one of those things for your car that you plug in and it has outlets, so they will be able to use everything all of the way down. I have also packed colouring books, paper, reading books, magnet activities, games, snacks ( the most important thing :rotfl:) and new toys. I have a big fear that we are going to run out of room. The last time we drove down in an extended van that had 8 seats ( we were able to fold the seats down). We just bought a new car last month that only seats 5 :scared1: Thank goodness my DH know how to pack well :laughing:

Paige that is a great upgrade!

I am still waiting for my phone call. I wonder if I should call my TA and have her inquire about the upgrades available?

Paige-Congrats on the upgrade! That's a great price! Your family is happy with the new room and that's most important.

Welcome to everyone who is new. We all seem like a very friendly bunch.

Gretchen-Is the glitter spray offer only for little princesses? :rotfl: I used to be able to french braid very well but I'm a little out of practice. Unfortunately I can't do my own braiding. I admire those with that talent.

Jonesing-I would be happy to be a glitter block.

Hmmmm only 30 days to go and no cabin assignment yet. The CM I spoke with when I called to add $ to our OBC told me we would have a cabin # at the 30 day mark. :confused3

If we are sprinkled with pixie dust I still refuse to add that dancing banana to my post.

Kathy(who hates that dancing banana)

Thank you to all for the nice well wishes.

Mrsjvb, Great news! I am so glad for you

Paige, Wow! great upgrade.

Kileybeth, I am looking forward to meeting you as well. You sound like a very fun person and both our DS( the 6 year olds) can hang out together. By the way, great pick on the Nikon. I have been a photographer for 16 years and that is what I use!

gagmomof2, Hope you DD is ok. Sending here Pixie dust

Kirstin's mommy, I hear you on the classes. We had to sign the kids up for indoor soccer and we still have to get their shoes:scared1: It is all so worth it though.

Gretchen, love the kids hair and the glitter spray sounds great! I have some really cute accessories for my daughters hair, I just have to figure out what styles I am going to do it. She has very long, very thick hair

DH finished the FE last night. It looks awesome! All of our FE gifts are finished and the kids ones are packaged up. I just have to package the adults gifts and then print out the stickers. We are starting to write the clues to the kids treasure hunt tonight. DH has some really amazing ideas for the hunt. We have decided to do it on August 30th. We leave on the 13th of Sept. This way they will have a few days to get excited and talk about it, plus I will finally be able to finish packing without having to hide it! I ordered the Hannah Montana movie for Brooklyn and it came yesterday:yay:. I did not take her when it came out in theatres because I thought it would be a great distraction on the way down. I am just waiting for Bishop's 3D Spy Kids movie to come. I had picked up a few other new movies for them to watch already. I had also pick up a few new DS games but there is one more each that I want to get them as well. I also charged up their leapsters. They haven't played them since they received their DS at Christmas and I forgot all of the games that they have for them. I am hoping that they travel as good as they did last year. We drove 800 KM before we would stop for gas, bathroom and food. They would eat in the car and each stop only took about 20 minutes. They each have their own DVD player, DS, Leapster, MP3 player and my DH just bought one of those things for your car that you plug in and it has outlets, so they will be able to use everything all of the way down. I have also packed colouring books, paper, reading books, magnet activities, games, snacks ( the most important thing :rotfl:) and new toys. I have a big fear that we are going to run out of room. The last time we drove down in an extended van that had 8 seats ( we were able to fold the seats down). We just bought a new car last month that only seats 5 :scared1: Thank goodness my DH know how to pack well :laughing:

Wow - Jody - can I ride down in your car??? FUN!

Paige-Congrats on the upgrade! That's a great price! Your family is happy with the new room and that's most important.

Welcome to everyone who is new. We all seem like a very friendly bunch.

Gretchen-Is the glitter spray offer only for little princesses? :rotfl: I used to be able to french braid very well but I'm a little out of practice. Unfortunately I can't do my own braiding. I admire those with that talent.

Jonesing-I would be happy to be a glitter block.

Hmmmm only 30 days to go and no cabin assignment yet. The CM I spoke with when I called to add $ to our OBC told me we would have a cabin # at the 30 day mark. :confused3

If we are sprinkled with pixie dust I still refuse to add that dancing banana to my post.

Kathy(who hates that dancing banana)

Kathy - the glitter is very pretty on grown up princesses, too!! Believe me, I got it all over myself when spraying down the girls yesterday! Princess glitter for everyone!!! :cheer2: (except tuxes......)

(It actually does fall off throughout the night, so not too obnoxious)

Checking in - A DAY LATE!!!

Work has me and DH swamped, so very much looking forward to this vacation. :cool1: The boys are excited too. We will be going to dinner at T-REX the night before and staying at POP. My Harry Potter fans want to check progress at Universal if there is anything to see yet, but I am sure we will be back for the grand opening of Hogwarts next year!

See you all soon!

i need the yahoo group as well please!

Here is the link for the yahoo group, would love to get some more people on there.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sept09cruisingmagic/

Kathy - the glitter is very pretty on grown up princesses, too!! Believe me, I got it all over myself when spraying down the girls yesterday! Princess glitter for everyone!!! :cheer2: (except tuxes......)

(It actually does fall off throughout the night, so not too obnoxious)
We love glitter spray in my house.

Hi Momof3Belles! I sent you a PM last night. Not sure if you got it or not. I've added you to the list, but still need your cabin numbers and children's ages.

Thanks!
Wan

Hey,
I did get your PM. I just tried to PM you back and still blocked! Anyway, we don't have the cabin numbers yet. We are a party 6 in 2 cabins. The kids, all girls, are ages 10, 6, and 3.
Thank You!
Lee Ann

Wow - Jody - can I ride down in your car??? FUN!

Sure! :thumbsup2. I would love the company! I hope you don't mind riding in a very small space, only stopping every 8oo KM , stuck between VERY active 6 and 7 year old children for 24 hours :eek: Just to let you know as well, we will be leaving at 3:30AM :rotfl:

The drive is the only part of the trip I am not looking forward too but we have had no luck with flying in the past, so we are not even considering it. It did go really well last year and we are hoping it will be just as good this year. Wish us luck!!

Sure! :thumbsup2. I would love the company! I hope you don't mind riding in a very small space, only stopping every 8oo KM , stuck between VERY active 6 and 7 year old children for 24 hours :eek: Just to let you know as well, we will be leaving at 3:30AM :rotfl:

The drive is the only part of the trip I am not looking forward too but we have had no luck with flying in the past, so we are not even considering it. It did go really well last year and we are hoping it will be just as good this year. Wish us luck!!

Jody - sounds like fun, but I guess my family would miss me on our trip down - especially my hubby - if he had to deal with the girls by himself all the way down there! :rotfl:

Oh, I am so hoping to leave early too, although not quite THAT early.....wow! Maybe 5:30 am? Oh, well, we'll see! :rolleyes1

I'm SO excited!!! :dance3: I just booked a one-way flight that will allow my friend's dh to ride down (help driving, after working late shift) with my dh and the 2 kids. So, he'll have one day at WDW with us, and be able to see us off before coming back to work Saturday...all for only $35! WOOHOO!! :banana:

Sorry about all that! Bumps in the road, but it will work out fine!

Thanks! I'm not so worry about the vacay plans, it will all be fine in the long run. I just need lots of pixie dust to have patience (& help!) with my cheerleaders, that consist of 20- 7/8 year olds! :guilty: It's about to do me in. Calgon take me away!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter