9/19/09 Western Magic

Hey do we have any clue as to what movies are playing on board? DH and I have a lot to catch up on with him being gone so long so why waste money if we can see it on board,right?

Hi Gretchen! We're driving down from Ga and staying at the Radisson the night before too! We're from Savannah, so about a 5 hr. drive for us. I'm hoping to get my dd out of school early that day and be there around 5pm or so. We'll probably be hanging out by the pool, it will be me, my dh, 2 dd's (9 and 2), my Mom, Dad and Sister. If you spot us, say hi!!

Hey we are at the Radisson the night before too! we will be there around noon and more than likely be livign in the pool that day. See you gys there!:banana:

Gretchen Yes, we home school. I think the majority of home school moms have some dread when the years starts. I love watching them learn, but hate the grading & organizing. Neither of mine like writing reports :confused3 so they are always a joy to get through. I think they fight you more because your mom.
It's nice to know I'm not the only one starting early. Thanks for the replies guys.

It appears the mom came back. I was hoping she'd move them. The one my dog got is actually trying to hop out of the nest!! Very happy she didn't hurt it. I will continue to keep an eye on them & make the dog go on her leash in the back until they leave. Here's hoping they leave by cruise time. I read on line that they leave after four weeks. Mom is really pushing my time line. :lmao:

This is our first cruise ever & we are very excited.:yay:

A warning for those who come in contact w/ me I am a very under socialized home school mom & love to talk. So when you see me you might want to run!!:scared1:

wow Disney is offering paid upgrades...good luck everyone! At least we know they are working on getting everyone placed...that makes it super REAL to know they are focusing on our group of cruisers!!

We were given until 22 August to confirm if we wanted to take the paid upgrade (subject to availabilty) So hopefully for you guys they will start assigning the cabins from there. We have already told them we dont want it.

Gretchen Yes, we home school. I think the majority of home school moms have some dread when the years starts. I love watching them learn, but hate the grading & organizing. Neither of mine like writing reports :confused3 so they are always a joy to get through. I think they fight you more because your mom.
It's nice to know I'm not the only one starting early. Thanks for the replies guys.

It appears the mom came back. I was hoping she'd move them. The one my dog got is actually trying to hop out of the nest!! Very happy she didn't hurt it. I will continue to keep an eye on them & make the dog go on her leash in the back until they leave. Here's hoping they leave by cruise time. I read on line that they leave after four weeks. Mom is really pushing my time line. :lmao:

A warning for those who come in contact w/ me I am a very under socialized home school mom & love to talk. So when you see me you might want to run!!:scared1:

I'm so glad the mom came back and the bunnies are fine!

I won't run! I'm the same way - although like Paige, a little shy at first. I'm very outgoing, but mostly with people I already know. Anyway, I feel like I know everyone on here already! So, let the chatting begin! :hyper2:

Yeah, the cruise will be like a 7 night field trip for our kids!!! :yay:

We were given until 22 August to confirm if we wanted to take the paid upgrade (subject to availabilty) So hopefully for you guys they will start assigning the cabins from there. We have already told them we dont want it.
do you mind sharing the offer they made you?? If not I understand just wondering...

I won't run! I'm the same way - although like Paige, a little shy at first. I'm very outgoing, but mostly with people I already know. Anyway, I feel like I know everyone on here already! So, let the chatting begin! :hyper2:

I am so glad to mama bunny came back too. I was getting all prepared to get ds a bunny for his birthday and then I got cold feet...I have 2 beagles
and I am worried my youngest pup would want to "play" with the bunny.

disneyfinatic- you are too funny....thanks for my daily laugh...I will not run either:rotfl:this is my 1st time multi quoting and for some reason it did not paste disneyfinatic message in here???

I got the upgrade offer call yesterday too.

We were offered to go from our Cat 6 to a Cat 4 for $300.

While I think it's a great price compared to what it would have cost to book the Cat 4, I think we'd rather use that money to pay for fun on the trip.

(Plus, I'm hoping that if not enough people take the upgrades, then there might be some surprise free upgrades made between now and the 19th!)

Beware of all the unsocialized homeschoolers!!!:rotfl2: I found a list of all the activities in the kids club from one of our other cruises, and my oldest decided to mark the activities she is interested in. She cam back and marked everything they are doing.:lmao: She will be very disappointed when she will not be able to spend all day every day in the lab.

I always count our cruise as a field trip. In the past I have made educational scavenger hunts for the girls to do. This year dh came up wit a project for Cassidy my 9 year old. She got a camera for Christmas, so he wants her to take lots of pictures and then write a story about the cruise and use the pictures for it. I found a great site that you can actually have thing made into books, so I plan to make it into a book for her when we get home.

Hey,
New to the board--We are booked on this cruise and want to be added to the FE list. Sorry I can't PM you QueenoftheCastle. Since I have less than 10 posts, forum won't allow me to PM you! Anyway, we are a party of 6 (3adults and 3 kids) in 2 cabins. You can PM and let me know what to do next. Thanks!!

Hey,
New to the board--We are booked on this cruise and want to be added to the FE list. Sorry I can't PM you QueenoftheCastle. Since I have less than 10 posts, forum won't allow me to PM you! Anyway, we are a party of 6 (3adults and 3 kids) in 2 cabins. You can PM and let me know what to do next. Thanks!!

Hey! Welcome aboard!! :) It's amazing to have more people joining us. we certaily have a nice group here:grouphug:, can't wait to meet you all.

Dennis

Hey,

Welcome aboard:cool2: How old are your children?

Hey,

Momof3belles - :welcome: So glad your on board with us!! :lmao:

momof3belles - WELCOME! Gld to have you and your family sailing with us! Glad to see you will be taking part in the 2nd FE! We have a really great bunch here! :goodvibes

Welcome Momof3belles.
LoriS, have you seen the warning unsocialized homeschool t-shirts? My son has one & a matching hat. I feel I must give people proper warning, after that you have spoken to him at your own risk. He talks more than I do.:lmao: They have warning parent of an unsocialized homeschooler, but not one to warn of undersocialized parents!! I'm considering making one for my friends & me. I love your idea of the story w/ the pictures. We were planning on using the pictures for art, but I hadn't thought about a story to cover LA.
If I talk too much please let me know.

Welcome Momof3belles. It's great to have you join our special group.

Disneyfinatics-I am enjoying reading your posts about socialization. I am not homeschooling children but I have a feeling if I ever find a friend I wil talk her ears off. :rotfl: I moved to a different area to be with my new DH. He can't leave the area as he is a deputy prosecutor. I don't really know anyone here yet. :confused3 Hmm maybe we need to have a party. :woohoo:

Kathy (who still HATES that dancing banana)

Welcome Momof3belles. It's great to have you join our special group.

Disneyfinatics-I am enjoying reading your posts about socialization. I am not homeschooling children but I have a feeling if I ever find a friend I wil talk her ears off. :rotfl: I moved to a different area to be with my new DH. He can't leave the area as he is a deputy prosecutor. I don't really know anyone here yet. :confused3 Hmm maybe we need to have a party. :woohoo:

Kathy (who still HATES that dancing banana)

My husband has no excuse he doesn't homeschool and he is not undersocialized. He just talks. Put anyone next to him and he can't help himself. It doesn't matter who it is. My eldest dd is following in his footsteps. It amazes me that she can still be talking as she is going underwater during swimming lessons and still talking when she comes up. Sounds like they are going to fit in just fine. :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter