9/16/2017 Magic Transatlantic from Barcelona

I guess you can post our room #...its 7138. I'm a bit OCD, I noticed there isn't an FE list yet. I would love to finish off my gifts asap, it makes room for me to do other stuff for the cruise:laundy::moped::car::charac2:

DH and I did 2 WBTAs. We never had a rough day or night. We were expecting it too. We've seen pods of dolphins, schools of flying fish, no planes or other ships or boats on sea days.

Oh, the marine life you see is awesome. And yes, it is amazing that in all our sailings we have never seen a plane. We have, other, seen other ships -- whether they be other cruise ships or freighters -- but they are usually way in the distance. The only time we saw a sea of ships was when we were all stuck in the Caribbean during Hurricane Francis in 2004.

We had seas like glass when we sailed in 2007, but that was a southern sailing. I'm not worried about it and am looking forward to a slightly different route -- happy there's no flight home, but will miss seeing CC.

Hi all, we are on this one! This is our first TA, but we have other Disney cruises under our belt. Right now I have 2 trips to the World and 1 cruise planned before I begin focusing on this trip :) Just wanted to pop in and say hi! We are spending 4 weeks touring Europe before the cruise and then will spend 2 days in NYC before taking the Amtrak cross country back home.

We are a family of 5 with 3 kids that will be ages 9DDS,11DS & 12DD next year :)

OMG -- I don't know where to begin. This is the kind of trip we took for years -- 30 days at a time (2 RV trips and the Alaska land and sea), but I cannot imagine having enough vacation time for a 4-week European trip and the cruise and an Amtrak trip back home. So how long will you actually be gone -- about 8 weeks? That's so amazing. You must have wonderful bosses and understanding schools LOL. You must tell us all about it when you return. I adore train trips and it is one of my favorite forms of transportation. Does the train make stops so you can sightsee? What parts of Europe are you visiting? A family trip of a lifetime and what memories for your kids!

I will happily add your family to page one and welcome aboard.

I guess you can post our room #...its 7138. I'm a bit OCD, I noticed there isn't an FE list yet. I would love to finish off my gifts asap, it makes room for me to do other stuff for the cruise:laundy::moped::car::charac2:

If someone wants to start one, please feel free. I think it might be better to make a separate thread for it though, with a link to it from here, so that this thread can be just trip information and details and doesn't fill up too quickly.

You are on the same deck as we are -- love deck 7. I have added your stateroom number.

Last edited:

OMG -- I don't know where to begin. This is the kind of trip we took for years -- 30 days at a time (2 RV trips and the Alaska land and sea), but I cannot imagine having enough vacation time for a 4-week European trip and the cruise and an Amtrak trip back home. So how long will you actually be gone -- about 8 weeks? That's so amazing. You must have wonderful bosses and understanding schools LOL. You must tell us all about it when you return. I adore train trips and it is one of my favorite forms of transportation. Does the train make stops so you can sightsee? What parts of Europe are you visiting? A family trip of a lifetime and what memories for your kids!

I will happily add your family to page one and welcome aboard.

Our exact time away will depend on plane tickets of course and what we can finagle. We like to spend 3-4 month winters in Mexico travelling the country and for 2017, we figured it was time to try something else. I have been plenty of times before, but we put Europe off for so long due to the ages of our children and now they are finally old enough that we have no baggage with us as far as little kids items and they can walk forever.

For our Winter getaways, my husband only joins us for 3 weeks that he breaks up in the middle and near the end of our trip, so we don't miss him too much! This also allows us to still fit in our Disney trips and with him not taking all of it at one time, it's never been a problem. Next year is a special case and he will only be joining us for portions of the trip. The kids and I will fly into London and spend a few days there (We have a Eurail global pass) and then continue on to wherever we feel the winds are calling us. My husband will join us 2 weeks before our sailing date at a predetermined location (at the moment Rome) and then he will travel with us on a smaller length eurail pass and then when we hit NYC, he is on a plane home (we did NYC last year and are only staying a bit because we want to go back up to the crown!) and we do the Amtrak alone. His company is very small and they always work with him and I know they would give him longer if he wanted, but we don't want to take advantage and want to save time for other things as well :)

Due to our insane schedules with the children (we are homeschoolers and I am a SAHM), we must plan our vacations in advance so he can ask for them as soon as time opens up! We have vacations through 2021 planned...LOL

Our exact time away will depend on plane tickets of course and what we can finagle. We like to spend 3-4 month winters in Mexico travelling the country and for 2017, we figured it was time to try something else. I have been plenty of times before, but we put Europe off for so long due to the ages of our children and now they are finally old enough that we have no baggage with us as far as little kids items and they can walk forever.

For our Winter getaways, my husband only joins us for 3 weeks that he breaks up in the middle and near the end of our trip, so we don't miss him too much! This also allows us to still fit in our Disney trips and with him not taking all of it at one time, it's never been a problem. Next year is a special case and he will only be joining us for portions of the trip. The kids and I will fly into London and spend a few days there (We have a Eurail global pass) and then continue on to wherever we feel the winds are calling us. My husband will join us 2 weeks before our sailing date at a predetermined location (at the moment Rome) and then he will travel with us on a smaller length eurail pass and then when we hit NYC, he is on a plane home (we did NYC last year and are only staying a bit because we want to go back up to the crown!) and we do the Amtrak alone. His company is very small and they always work with him and I know they would give him longer if he wanted, but we don't want to take advantage and want to save time for other things as well :)

Due to our insane schedules with the children (we are homeschoolers and I am a SAHM), we must plan our vacations in advance so he can ask for them as soon as time opens up! We have vacations through 2021 planned...LOL

Sounds like you have put a lot of thought into making this trip happen. We took my daughter out of school every fall for three weeks to drive to Tennessee to visit her grandparents. Along the way, we stopped at all the states as far as the Mississippi River and down to Georgia, always being sure to see as much as possible. That made us realize we had done enough of the states (my parents lived in New England) that we could finish them up and we did. It's wonderful to travel and we love it, sounds like you and your family do too. Thank goodness I married a man like my dad, because my mom hated traveling LOL.

Planning trips ahead is the one thorn to the people I work with -- they have never understood in the past 20 years how we can plan trips and cruises, etc. 2-3 years ahead! If I don't have something to look forward to, then I get antsy!

Looking forward to meeting such an extensive traveler. Happy planning.

We had seas like glass when we sailed in 2007, but that was a southern sailing. I'm not worried about it and am looking forward to a slightly different route -- happy there's no flight home, but will miss seeing CC.

I'm worried about this too! I guess after this years we will have a good idea what the weather will be like! Every sailing I've done has been pretty close to the 2007 one sea wise but they have all been southern.

I'm worried about this too! I guess after this years we will have a good idea what the weather will be like! Every sailing I've done has been pretty close to the 2007 one sea wise but they have all been southern.

I'm really not worried about it, but that may come from having been onboard during two hurricanes -- especially Hurricane Hillary on the west coast in 2005 that we had to sail through to make the PC. If I'm going to be on any ship during bad seas, I'd rather have it be Disney.

I'm really not worried about it, but that may come from having been onboard during two hurricanes -- especially Hurricane Hillary on the west coast in 2005 that we had to sail through to make the PC. If I'm going to be on any ship during bad seas, I'd rather have it be Disney.

Im not worried in terms of being ill more in terms pools being shut and being confined to inside activities! On the 2007 EBTA the weather was rough (they closed the pools most days) and activities became a little stagnant. We had a deck party one day which litterally 2 people (me and my sister) attended and because the pool was closed no one else bothered! It was fun but a little mental to be the only ones up there dancing with 3 CMs on the goofy pool stage! Also made it feel like you couldn't leave because then there would have been no one there. We had a few kids join us at one point but it was pretty strange.

We finally decided on 7006, an ocean view. We are so very excited! Even without a veranda. We'd be interested in trying the Fish Extenders this cruise too.

Thought I would do an early hi! My fiancé and I were talking tonight and we would much rather do a cruise then Aulani for our honeymoon and this one would be perfect. The more itenerary heavy European would mean we would have to push our wedding up so not liking that. This also works because we would only need to buy 1 way airplane tickets since it ends in NYC.

Thinking of moving our deposit to this tomorrow.

Thought I would do an early hi! My fiancé and I were talking tonight and we would much rather do a cruise then Aulani for our honeymoon and this one would be perfect. The more itenerary heavy European would mean we would have to push our wedding up so not liking that. This also works because we would only need to buy 1 way airplane tickets since it ends in NYC.

Sounds like it was made for you!

How strange and fun ! We were on the EBPC 2005 !!! That's when I found out about the DBS Board!!!

Joyce, :welcome: and a big CONGRATULATIONS! How very exciting -- we will have newlyweds among us. What a wonderful wedding present -- and to be honest, the Disney cruise is an ideal way to spend your honeymoon because you know you will get top notch treatment. Be sure when you book to tell them it is your honeymoon so they can let your stewards and dining staff know!

If there is anything we can do to help -- questions, tips, etc. -- don't hesitate to ask.

I will add you to the first page. When you get more details about your room, let me know.

Thanks! :thanks: We've booked the cruise last Saturday and we will be in an oceanview room on deck 2, category 9c. While booking there wasn't any option to put in information about celebrations or such, but I emailed them and got a lovely reply very quickly that the fact that it will be our honeymoon has been noted on our reservation. I also asked for a private table for the 2 of us for dining, which my fiance really wanted, and mentioned my lactose intolerance again (I did put it on my reservation form, but you know, just to be sure). We can't wait! :dogdance:

There are still a lot of questions I have, like how and when I can make reservations for excursions during port days, what's the entertainment programme on the ship and how to make reservations if you want to participate in something, reservations for Palo and much, much more.. Quess I'll start reading! :fish:

Thats a fantastic present! Congratulations!

Thank you so much! :yay:

Thanks! :thanks: We've booked the cruise last Saturday and we will be in an oceanview room on deck 2, category 9c. While booking there wasn't any option to put in information about celebrations or such, but I emailed them and got a lovely reply very quickly that the fact that it will be our honeymoon has been noted on our reservation. I also asked for a private table for the 2 of us for dining, which my fiance really wanted, and mentioned my lactose intolerance again (I did put it on my reservation form, but you know, just to be sure). We can't wait! :dogdance:

There are still a lot of questions I have, like how and when I can make reservations for excursions during port days, what's the entertainment programme on the ship and how to make reservations if you want to participate in something, reservations for Palo and much, much more.. Quess I'll start reading! :fish:

Thank you so much! :yay:

If this is your first Disney cruise, then you have to wait until 75 days out to book anything and everything. Silver and gold get 90 days out and platinum get 120 days out from sailing.

I moved the deposit. Looking forward to sharing this trip with you guys!

There are still a lot of questions I have, like how and when I can make reservations for excursions during port days, what's the entertainment programme on the ship and how to make reservations if you want to participate in something, reservations for Palo and much, much more.. Quess I'll start reading!

I don't know when the information will go up, but you can normally book excursions, palo, and spa stuff before you get on the ship. like someone said before, it depends on how many cruises you have done will depend on when you can book.

There are some things like tasting and other onboard events that you have to wait till you are on the ship. There are times when a larger group can book private tastings before hand, but normally you have a at least enough people to fill a normal tasting as far as I know. That might be something that we would want to talk about as a group closer to the date.

Also I have been in past groups that have done excursions within the group. Like the last time we were in Barcelona we overnighted there. My mom put together a group to go up and see the Black Madonna. We also did a fat tire bike tour not through the ship. I want to say most of the time it is cheaper. I know that I will be looking both at what the ship offers as well as what I can do on my own. I am not trying to be cheap, but at the same time I know that Disney does a large percentage increase.

I am happy to help with the Fish Extenders. I think it might be early for this but I can help. Also do we want to put together a Facebook group?

I am happy to help with the Fish Extenders. I think it might be early for this but I can help. Also do we want to put together a Facebook group?

Be careful mentioning that other website here. It is banned in cruise conversation and will get you points. Everything has to be handled on the Disboards and either on a post that is edited frequently or just an update post on this thread. Got in trouble for that a couple years ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter