9/16/2017 Magic Transatlantic from Barcelona

If they are showing no rooms available -- they're not likely booked up, but don't have those dates open yet. I've had my eye on two hotels for weeks and they are both showing no vacancies for my dates. When I contacted them they said that's because they have not opened those dates up for booking yet.

Welcome aboard and I will add your info to page one. Is your DD a child or adult? And are you celebrating anything?
DD is an adult. We are just celebrating being a family and enjoying seeing the world!! I did find some hotels that weren't opened up yet but the three that I really thought would suit our family had vacancies before and after that week so I decided that I would feel more secure knowing I had a pillow to sleep on rather than waiting to see if more rooms would open up. The reservation is penalty free cancellation so I can keep looking! Thank you for working so hard to keep all of page 1 up to date. I do check it regularly.

DD is an adult. We are just celebrating being a family and enjoying seeing the world!! I did find some hotels that weren't opened up yet but the three that I really thought would suit our family had vacancies before and after that week so I decided that I would feel more secure knowing I had a pillow to sleep on rather than waiting to see if more rooms would open up. The reservation is penalty free cancellation so I can keep looking! Thank you for working so hard to keep all of page 1 up to date. I do check it regularly.

You are officially added to page one. Happy planning.

Not weird at all -- we all have our phobias, it's what makes us interesting. I had a co-worker who would not take a cruise because she had a fear of not being able to see land at all times. So for her, it never would have worked! One of my former bosses hated cruises because he is a runner and felt confined and trapped -- but did the cruise for his wife. I guess having a running track that has views of the ocean wasn't enough LOL

lol I love how everyone has these little things that freak us out!

Inside vs. verandah is a no-brainer for a claustrophobe like me, though I've sometimes wondered if I could convince myself that an inside room was "cozy" rather than stifling. Ah, the mind games I play with myself to survive tight quarters! For instance, I need to prep myself to for the limited field of vision from most airplane seats by telling myself I'm hiding. Yes, I'm weird!!
See now that one I haven't experienced but hate flying so maybe I'll try this

We're in! My DH (54) and I (53), from Northern California, have a GTY Inside Cabin on Deck 6 or 7. We enjoy the Ocean View rooms, but I am a super light sleeper and need a quieter deck than 1 or 2 -- where the remaining Ocean View rooms are. We were originally booked on the 2017 WBPC cruise, but a work conflict required a change. We're thrilled! We've neither been on this cruise, nor have we visited the TA's ports of call, and will be adding a couple of days on each end of the cruise. Both DH and I work FT and are really looking forward to the down time.

Deck 6 last year and year before was fairly quiet but never been on deck 2 for comparison.

I noticed the most recent conversation is about hotel reservations. To date, we're deciding against booking through DCL. We have enough hotel rewards points to book free rooms, but that leaves me to figure out transfers. If it gets too complicated I may just throw up my hands and rely on DCL.

Completely agree with others that this may not be because they are fully booked. There is something on in Barcelona a few days before if I remember right - 11th - but a lot of the rooms haven't opened up yet.

Hi everyone,
We are all booked for this cruise except for airfare. There are three of us, DH, DD, and me! We are on deck 8. I had trouble finding a hotel in Barcelona because so many of them were booked up for that week. We are booked at the Vueling BCN by HC in the Eixample area. It is fairly close to the Metro and within walking distance of some attractions. I don't know anything about Barcelona but the area seemed fairly central according to the map. We are hoping to arrive on the 12th to give us time to explore. In New York, we are staying at the Homewood Suites a ways from Times Square but fairly reasonably priced for New York! DH and I have been to New York before but this is DD's first trip.
This will be our 7th cruise and our 2nd Disney cruise. We did the Panama Canal westbound this past May and loved it! We are looking forward to all the ports of call and really like how Disney has broken up the sea days on this itinerary. Love the idea of an extra hour on 6 of the 11 days. We should be well rested for walking when we reach New York.

Welcome! Warning to you what I found with the extra hours was it just meant I got up earlier and earlier each day instead of taking advantage of the lie in.

Hi everyone,
We are all booked for this cruise except for airfare. There are three of us, DH, DD, and me! We are on deck 8. I had trouble finding a hotel in Barcelona because so many of them were booked up for that week. We are booked at the Vueling BCN by HC in the Eixample area. It is fairly close to the Metro and within walking distance of some attractions. I don't know anything about Barcelona but the area seemed fairly central according to the map. We are hoping to arrive on the 12th to give us time to explore. In New York, we are staying at the Homewood Suites a ways from Times Square but fairly reasonably priced for New York! DH and I have been to New York before but this is DD's first trip.
This will be our 7th cruise and our 2nd Disney cruise. We did the Panama Canal westbound this past May and loved it! We are looking forward to all the ports of call and really like how Disney has broken up the sea days on this itinerary. Love the idea of an extra hour on 6 of the 11 days. We should be well rested for walking when we reach New York.

I remember that in 2007. That extra hour gained each day is so amazing. When we took the EBPC, we hated losing an hour a day for several days.

Airfare is purchased! We went with Norwegian. After comparing pitch with Air Canada Rouge, we paid for premium seats. At that price, we felt the extra room was worth it.

8 more days I think till I can purchase airfare then everything I need to do in advance is done! I keep checking every day just in case Virgin decide to release more dates but so far only 1 day released each day so its getting very boring.

Airfare is purchased! We went with Norwegian. After comparing pitch with Air Canada Rouge, we paid for premium seats. At that price, we felt the extra room was worth it.

Hope you like them. I have had tremendous customer service already -- had there live chats with questions about luggage, food, etc. and they are patient, knowledgeable and quick to respond.

Like I said, we got exit row -- this will be my first time flying without the back of a seat in front of me. Interested to see how we like that location. Wonder if anyone will use that space to stretch their legs! Butts in my face -- I hope not LOL

Hope you like them. I have had tremendous customer service already -- had there live chats with questions about luggage, food, etc. and they are patient, knowledgeable and quick to respond.

Like I said, we got exit row -- this will be my first time flying without the back of a seat in front of me. Interested to see how we like that location. Wonder if anyone will use that space to stretch their legs! Butts in my face -- I hope not LOL

Have you checked seatguru.com? I've found them to be great at predicting those sorts of things.

Have you checked seatguru.com? I've found them to be great at predicting those sorts of things.

Always. That's my last source before I hit the booking button. But they don't mention anything about people standing there -- I just know I have seen it on other flights with people standing there to stretch their legs. The good thing is that we are not near any restrooms -- so there won't be people standing there waiting for that. It will also be the first time we have to put all our carry-ons -- including the personal items -- in the overhead; and the first time we are the first row in economy. So we don't have to travel the length of the plane with our luggage to get off or on (YAY). Even spinners don't work great with those narrow aisles.

Always. That's my last source before I hit the booking button. But they don't mention anything about people standing there -- I just know I have seen it on other flights with people standing there to stretch their legs. The good thing is that we are not near any restrooms -- so there won't be people standing there waiting for that. It will also be the first time we have to put all our carry-ons -- including the personal items -- in the overhead; and the first time we are the first row in economy. So we don't have to travel the length of the plane with our luggage to get off or on (YAY). Even spinners don't work great with those narrow aisles.

We checked seatguru.com as well before purchasing our tickets. When I told my husband that the pitch was the similar to AC Rouge, he did not hesitate in purchasing the more expensive seats with Norwegian. AC Rouge was horrible. I was really hoping to buy at least one ticket with mileage (either through Cap One or United); but Cap One isn't showing flights that far out yet, and United is not showing any Economy availability at all. I didn't want to wait too long to buy tickets.

We also added an extra night at Hotel Jazz so we will have two full days in Barcelona. I'm really excited about having the extra time there as well as not having to take an extra day off from work to fly there. Between the premium airplane seats, the hotel, and the cruise, we are spending less than we did on this year's Adventures By Disney trip to AZ/UT.

We checked seatguru.com as well before purchasing our tickets. When I told my husband that the pitch was the similar to AC Rouge, he did not hesitate in purchasing the more expensive seats with Norwegian. AC Rouge was horrible. I was really hoping to buy at least one ticket with mileage (either through Cap One or United); but Cap One isn't showing flights that far out yet, and United is not showing any Economy availability at all. I didn't want to wait too long to buy tickets.

We also added an extra night at Hotel Jazz so we will have two full days in Barcelona. I'm really excited about having the extra time there as well as not having to take an extra day off from work to fly there. Between the premium airplane seats, the hotel, and the cruise, we are spending less than we did on this year's Adventures By Disney trip to AZ/UT.

Congrats on the planning. The worst flight we have ever taken was on British Air last year from London. The space between our body and the seat in front of us was a mere inches. I felt like I couldn't breath. And trying to put the lab table down was a joke.

In 2007 we only got about 3/4 of a day in Barcelona and it always frustrated me that we didn't see more. We are flying in for a 4-night stay and hoping to "wrap it up" as much as possible. I am very excited to be back in that city again.

And for anyone -- if you want a fun experience, stop at the McDonald's across from La Sagrada. It was the only place open for lunch when were there in 2007 as it was holiday. Their menu has far more options -- even different fries.

Congrats on the planning. The worst flight we have ever taken was on British Air last year from London. The space between our body and the seat in front of us was a mere inches. I felt like I couldn't breath. And trying to put the lab table down was a joke.

In 2007 we only got about 3/4 of a day in Barcelona and it always frustrated me that we didn't see more. We are flying in for a 4-night stay and hoping to "wrap it up" as much as possible. I am very excited to be back in that city again.

And for anyone -- if you want a fun experience, stop at the McDonald's across from La Sagrada. It was the only place open for lunch when were there in 2007 as it was holiday. Their menu has far more options -- even different fries.

I just got our seats in business on Austrian Airlines (thanks to the "I love credit cards" thread in the Budget forum!!). Getting all 6 of us to Barcelona in comfort - and on the same flights - meant that we won't arrive in Barcelona until Thursday evening. Still, we get a 9.5 hour layover in Vienna so the kids can try out their German, and we still have a day and a morning in Barcelona. It has really cut down what I expect to see, though. I'll be happy if we get La Sagrada Familia (and maybe a look in at its McDonalds LOL), Mont Juic, a bit of the Gothic Quarter and some nice meals.

I just got our seats in business on Austrian Airlines (thanks to the "I love credit cards" thread in the Budget forum!!). Getting all 6 of us to Barcelona in comfort - and on the same flights - meant that we won't arrive in Barcelona until Thursday evening. Still, we get a 9.5 hour layover in Vienna so the kids can try out their German, and we still have a day and a morning in Barcelona. It has really cut down what I expect to see, though. I'll be happy if we get La Sagrada Familia (and maybe a look in at its McDonalds LOL), Mont Juic, a bit of the Gothic Quarter and some nice meals.

It's always such a relief when the airfare is booked!

Is there a toilet nearby? I always find that if the exit row is near a toilet then the chance of it being a standing point is quite high but if not then unlikely.

It's always such a relief when the airfare is booked!

Still got a week to go before Virgin release there flights and its killing me! I need to be booked

Is there a toilet nearby? I always find that if the exit row is near a toilet then the chance of it being a standing point is quite high but if not then unlikely.

Still got a week to go before Virgin release there flights and its killing me! I need to be booked

No, as I said we are not near any toilet stations. They are in the rear of the plane and then all the way forward in the upper class. But that's what it shows on seatguru. So now ya have me nervous, so I'm going to live chat with Norwegian to make sure.

Well drat. We may have to change off of this cruise. I guess that is what happens when you book the honeymoon before you book the venue hall haha. Hoping we can make it work but we are also now considering the Canada cruise from NYC in October.

Well drat. We may have to change off of this cruise. I guess that is what happens when you book the honeymoon before you book the venue hall haha. Hoping we can make it work but we are also now considering the Canada cruise from NYC in October.
Awwww. :( Then again, there *is something to be said for a chilly Alaskan honeymoon cruise that requires lots of cuddling for warmth. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter