9/14/08 Wonder - Who's Cruising? **SEE POST #12 for CRUISE INFO**

Oh, how i miss you guys! i was thinking about you today when i saw LSU poptarts at walmart! i keep trying to end that thread, but it seems to be going around in circles. People suck! That is what I can say about 50% of those posters. I hit the button!:rotfl:

LSU Poptarts!!! :eek: OMG!! I just came from that "god awful" place!! Guess I gotta go back. But here, they are probably all sold out!!

Debbie - I finally got that whole thread read. Just try to ignore the posters that obviously don't get it. There were some that did. Hopefully you will eventually get an aknowledgement from Disney and the apology for that CM's actions. She was way out of line in slapping your hand. Please let us know how it turns out. I hope that it won't curb your love for Disney, though. :goodvibes

Saw that DCL is going to Europe in 2010! I would so love to be able to do one of those cruises. I don't think the bank account can take that kind of hit though. :rotfl:

Debbie - I finally got that whole thread read. Just try to ignore the posters that obviously don't get it. There were some that did. Hopefully you will eventually get an aknowledgement from Disney and the apology for that CM's actions. She was way out of line in slapping your hand. Please let us know how it turns out. I hope that it won't curb your love for Disney, though. :goodvibes

Saw that DCL is going to Europe in 2010! I would so love to be able to do one of those cruises. I don't think the bank account can take that kind of hit though. :rotfl:
That thread was so a flamer! I had no idea!! i have written 2 emails, contacted POP after I got home, and filled out a online survey and mentioned it. I will stop there! It was one of those things I guess! I did see the Europe for 2010! How cool would that be!! But no way can we afford that!:eek: it would be a blast! Our DVC points will pay for 2 adults in a CAt 11 for 4 night. We want June 2010 for our anniversary, but they are switching so many cruises to cover the magic being gone. i know they have added 5 days to Wonder w/ a double dip at CC. I'll have to see the difference in points! We got our DVC papers today...WOW! The packet is thicker than the phone book. We have yet to sign everything with football going on for the boys. No games Wed. so Clinton and I can sit down and read through it. I did see our payments start Dec.15,2008. They are a little under $300. Guess Clinton will drive his old truck a little longer!:rotfl: They did send me a really BIG DVC tote bag. I also got ID cards, so I'll need to sit down and register on the DVC site.

dana, I also saw on the DCL websight that now that we have sailed ,DCL will send us OUR CC #'s so we can sign up now? Is that right. I would love to do that and get any inside info!:thumbsup2
Thanks for the help and reading that LONG thread! I really need some fire gear if I start another one of those!:lmao:

Hi, Everyone. I have been out of town for a while. My niece was in her first high school musical/theatrical performance this weekend. They did "The ABCs of Broadway", and she was the only freshman to have a leading role in a number of them. She is going to be quite the little performer.

Debbie, I can't wait to read that thread. Some people I know, just do not get it.

I hope all is going well with everyone else.

Hi, Everyone. I have been out of town for a while. My niece was in her first high school musical/theatrical performance this weekend. They did "The ABCs of Broadway", and she was the only freshman to have a leading role in a number of them. She is going to be quite the little performer.

Debbie, I can't wait to read that thread. Some people I know, just do not get it.

I hope all is going well with everyone else.

Brenda, i know your niece was great! You must be so proud of her! You'll need to post a pic of her one day! that way when she is famous I can say i knew her aunt!!:goodvibes

Debbie - The Castaway Club is automatic, no need to register for anything. Hopefully they will send you a packet with some CC id cards. We've never gotten any, though. After our first cruise, I had to call to get the CC #'s from a CM. They gladly gave them to us over the phone. One number for each of us. Definately use them when you book your next cruise. They will occasionally send you emails or regular mail and of course you get the little extras on your next cruise. Plus you get to book reservations for Palo, etc... at 90 days out. It can help a lot in getting Palo reservations.

Thanks for the info on the DVC. I so want to do that. I'm hoping that we may get to do that in the near future. Maybe after we get DH's truck paid for. :confused3 Or after we get DS's braces paid for. :goodvibes

Brenda - You must be very proud of your niece! Isn't it neat to go to their performances. We're attending my DS's first recorder concert tonight! Granted it's with a hundred other fifth graders and all will be playing the recorder.:eek: Might need some advil afterwards ;) , but I'm very proud of him. He has a knack at reading music, just like his Dad, so I'm hoping he will continue with an instrument. :thumbsup2

Wow, Debbie, I finally made it through all of that post. It makes me very sad very or society when it is okay for someone to lay their hands on someone else. It is this kind of attitude that has our children thinking they can do what they want without fear of any consequences.

I applaud you for seeing this through. Write your letter and then wait and see what if anything Disney does.

I don't blame Disney for the CM's behavior, because it is impossible for anyone to predict what any one person will do under any given circumstances. But I do blame Disney for their lack of response and attention should they not reply. That is unacceptable. Disney may be sitting pretty right now. But over time, if these things keep happening, they will slowing start to see a decline in their clientele and it won't be because of the economy.

And by the way, IT IS a BATTERY for someone to TOUCH (not slap, mind you, a simple TOUCH) the person of another in a HARMFUL or OFFENSIVE way. Both of which is the case here. Just my two cents worth.

Brenda, i know your niece was great! You must be so proud of her! You'll need to post a pic of her one day! that way when she is famous I can say i knew her aunt!!:goodvibes

Thanks, Debbie. She was great and I am very proud of her. As soon as I figure out how to post pictures, I will post one of both of us. I might even try to send you all clippings of her performances.

Debbie - The Castaway Club is automatic, no need to register for anything. Hopefully they will send you a packet with some CC id cards. We've never gotten any, though. After our first cruise, I had to call to get the CC #'s from a CM. They gladly gave them to us over the phone. One number for each of us. Definately use them when you book your next cruise. They will occasionally send you emails or regular mail and of course you get the little extras on your next cruise. Plus you get to book reservations for Palo, etc... at 90 days out. It can help a lot in getting Palo reservations.

Thanks for the info on the DVC. I so want to do that. I'm hoping that we may get to do that in the near future. Maybe after we get DH's truck paid for. :confused3 Or after we get DS's braces paid for. :goodvibes

Brenda - You must be very proud of your niece! Isn't it neat to go to their performances. We're attending my DS's first recorder concert tonight! Granted it's with a hundred other fifth graders and all will be playing the recorder.:eek: Might need some advil afterwards ;) , but I'm very proud of him. He has a knack at reading music, just like his Dad, so I'm hoping he will continue with an instrument. :thumbsup2

Hi, Dana. Boy, do I remember those recorder performances. I find that they are very fun. You are going to have a great time listening to it because you will be trying to pick out your son in the crowd. I think that it is cool that he can read music already. I sure comes in handy when learning to play an instrument.

I taught my niece how to read music when I was trying to teach her how to play the keyboard. Mind you, I have no idea how to play it myself. But because I do know how to read music, I was able to teach her. She did all right on the keyboard but didn't stick with it. However, in middle school when she started the violin, she was the only one in the class who already knew how to read music, so it helped her to advance much faster.

Have fun tonight. And keep the Advil on hand, just in case;) .

Thanks for your kind words Brenda!

Dana, wishing your son good luck!!

No advil required! :thumbsup2 I was happily surprised at how good they all were. Only one or two squeeks for the entire concert and they didn't seem to come from DS's direction. :goodvibes They played about 7 short songs and the director went through all of their excersises that they do in class. Very cool. DS was obviously very happy sitting up there playing and seems to be very excited about getting his instrument. He has selected the bassoon and thankfully it will be provided by the school. We just have to enroll him in private lessons once a week. Much cheaper than having to buy or rent this particular instrument. Out of curiosity we checked on the price of one and I had sticker shock :scared1: - $8000-$15000! I'll gladly accept the one from the school, if all he has to do is take a lesson once a week. :)

I can't believe a bassoon cost that much!!! My clarinet back in the day only cost $200 dollars. I don't even want to know what it would cost today.

Glad the concert went off well. I must say that I am always pleasantly surprised at how well these kids do in their particular activity.

Just wanted to drop by & say HEY to whoever might still be around!! I miss you all!!!

Hi, Julie. I still pop in. I tried that red beans and rice recipe yesterday. They were YUM!!! My mom told me to freeze for her, so I did. I tried the praline candy. I had this an epiphany. If I made the praline candy, I could use some to make praline and cream ice cream. Unfortunately, it didn't turnout to well. Because I cut the recipe in half, I needed to reduce the cooking time as well. But I didn't realize that until it got to the point of no return.

I am going to try to use it in some ice cream that we have already made and then try the recipe again.

Hope all is well with you. Stay in touch.

i'm here!!!! Almost done w/ football. 3 nights a week, i am tired!! Miss you all like crazy. I do get to book the Wonder again..yeah!!!!!! now, who wants to come w/us 6/13/10. it's a double dip to CC!!!!:goodvibes

i'm here!!!! Almost done w/ football. 3 nights a week, i am tired!! Miss you all like crazy. I do get to book the Wonder again..yeah!!!!!! now, who wants to come w/us 6/13/10. it's a double dip to CC!!!!:goodvibes

That's cool, Debbie. We are going to do a 7-day in October 2010. Waiting until tomorrow to find out the actual date. This will be my first 7-day cruise and the first one on the Magic. My niece and I are going on the Wonder next year in August; doing a Land and Sea package. Can't wait.

Well, Julie, I can't eat the candy in the candy form. But it is great in the ice cream. My husband made hazelnut coffee ice cream last night. The candy that I tried to make looks more like topping crumbs. So, I mixed a bunch in a bowl of ice cream and it taste delicious.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter