9/11 Magic Review

pvangordon

Mouseketeer
Here's my very long review. It was just my DH and me traveling, no kids here. We’re in our early-30s and live in San Jose, CA. This was our second DCL cruise, the first being 3 nights on the Wonder last October. This summary is somewhat chronological, but I consolidated topics where possible.

TRAVEL TO THE CRUISE AND EMBARKATION
We took a redeye on Delta on Friday 9/10, arriving in Orlando at 8 am with no problems. We were signed up for DCL transfers directly from the airport. As soon as we entered the main terminal, we saw DCL representatives with their blue jackets and clipboards waiting to greet guests and direct them to the bus pickup. The rep informed us that the first bus would leave around 9:30 am, but suggested we might want to stay longer at the airport since there was nothing to do at the port until boarding at noon. We camped out at the food court, ate breakfast, looked at the shops, and still ended up taking one of the first buses to Port Canaveral. Even though transfers can cost more than other self-arranged transportation, I love the convenience of Disney getting my luggage to the ship and having the reps right there. The ride itself was about 45 minutes long, during which they showed a video to prepare us for the cruise.

As soon as we left the airport, we saw some of the hurricane ravages: plenty of trees that were snapped in half and most of the branches and foliage bent over. However, I was quite surprised that the area looked as good as it did. The weather was muggy and humid, as expected.

Once inside the port, there were four lines to check in: non-US citizens, US citizens, Castaway Club, and Concierge. We got into the CC line and waited about 15 minutes. They didn’t ask for any verification that we were CC members, so it seemed pointless to have separate lines. At that time, the CC line was considerably shorter than the other, so it was well worth it; however, by the time we finished, it was just as long as the regular line. All of our cruise docs were completed beforehand, so we were ready to go.

The rep was right: there really was nothing to do at the port. The refreshment stand was closed for renovations, so there were no drinks or snacks available. If we had known that, we would have grabbed some bottled waters at the airport. One guy from Australia with a beer was stopped by every other person asking where he got his drink; his reply was “This is not my first time here, so I came prepared!” A few characters came out for pictures and we were able to watch some of the crew preparing the ship (hmmm, seems like they replace a lot of mattresses each time!), but mostly we sat around and watched the boarding line grow longer and longer. Finally they started boarding around noon, concierge guests first, then the general line. We waited until the line was about half the size, then boarded around 12:30 pm. Our stateroom would not be ready until 1:30 pm, so we filled the time getting reservations at Palo, the spa/salon, and shore excursions.

THE ITINERARY
Obviously we were much more interested in the Western Caribbean itinerary, but after all the weather problems down there, we were just glad to make it safely to the ship and sail away for 7 days. On boarding day, we were informed the itinerary would be two days at sea, Tuesday in San Juan (Puerto Rico), Wednesday in St. Thomas, Thursday at sea, and Friday either at Castaway Cay or at sea. By Tuesday afternoon when the next big storm started rolling into Puerto Rico (tropical depression Jeanne, which flooded the place shortly after we left), Wednesday was switched to a sea day, Nassau was planned for Thursday, and CC was on the schedule for Friday. We missed CC on our last trip due to high winds, so we were looking forward to seeing the island everyone talked about.

THE CABIN AND OUR HOST
We had a navigator verandah cabin on Deck 6 aft, same as last time. DH and I really like these staterooms. The balconies seem much cozier and more private than the more expensive ones. The cabin itself is spacious, with plenty of nice decorative touches. We love the split bathroom and storage space.

The worst part, however, was the fact that our cabin had a connecting door and we could hear EVERYTHING that went on with the neighbors. The family next door liked to get noisy early in the morning and late at night. The dad sounded like the co-host on Celebrity Poker Showdown. The son was very loud and whiney and wouldn’t stop talking. I happen to be very sensitive to noise like that, so already I was beginning to dread the week to come. We wanted to get plenty of relaxation time, which of course including sleeping in and napping during the day. All of this was impossible with our neighbors.

There’s actually some background to this as well. When we originally booked the trip on the last cruise, we had a cabin on Deck 7. Earlier this year, I called DCL to inquire about the rates for a Category 3 (1 bedroom) suite. About early July, we decided to switch from our original November booking to September. The DCL rep told me happily that the price was less (well, duh, it’s hurricane season!), but when she told me the price, my jaw dropped. I realized then that we had been rebooked into a Cat 3 based on my earlier call, even though I never actually requested it. When they rebooked us in the Cat 7, we ended up back on Deck 6 with the connecting-door unit. Grrr.

I called Guest Services and asked if we could be switched to another cabin due to the noise. We were told the ship was full. I later learned from our dining room servers that the ship was only 75% full. Now, I assume that the empty cabins were probably lower categories and perhaps GS thought we wouldn’t downgrade (which was true), but it would have been nice if they had offered us the choice. I would have also paid for an upgrade if one was available, but I imagine they don’t leave those cabins empty. Anyway, I felt they weren’t really helpful with the problem, so our only choice was to suck it up for 7 days.

Our stateroom host was Donovan, who introduced himself after we had settled in a bit. He was great: very friendly, cheerful, and accommodating. I started right off with a complaint about the neighbors and later left him with a note regarding some other requests (extra towels, clean-up of standing water on the balcony from some rain). Everything was taken care of promptly, with the exception of the neighbor noise which really couldn’t be helped. Our room was always taken care of promptly. One time, I forgot my key, so Donovan let me in.

Towel animals included swans, a dog, an elephant, a snake, a crab, and a monkey hanging from a coat hanger.

PALO
Bookings were held in Studio Sea. We booked three reservations at Palo: champagne brunch on Sunday, high tea on Monday, and dinner on Thursday. It was kind of difficult figuring out which days were best, since the itinerary was subject to change, but it all worked out. It helps to know what types of reservations you want and be flexible with your schedule, because you can then jump right in line and finish everything quickly.

The brunch was fabulous! We were greeted with champagne at the door, then received a tour of the buffet area. Foods included Alaskan king crab legs, shrimp, various salads, cantaloupe wrapped in proscuitto, various danishes and breads, fresh fruit, and desserts. Then there were the hot foods, including pancakes, eggs and breakfast meats, pasta, beef tenderloin, and chicken.

High tea was very pleasant, although for some reason it wasn’t quite what I expected. The scones and sandwiches were delicious. We passed on the éclairs and trifle.

Dinner was excellent. I had the mozzarella and tomatoes for an appetizer, linguine vongole, and the chocolate soufflé for dessert. I thought the soufflé was wonderful; it comes baked in a ramekin, then they puncture the top and add warm chocolate and/or vanilla sauce to the middle. It wasn’t too sweet, which was a big plus. I managed to eat about half, even though I was stuffed by then. I also ordered a drink that was stronger than I could handle, so they didn’t charge me for it. Palo service is always good, the way it should be. Here’s a shout-out to Emmanuel and Kristof!

One thing about dining on a cruise is that just about everything you ask for, you get. Several times I requested changes to the entrees or items that weren’t exactly on the menu, and every time I received what I wanted. So be careful what you wish for!

VISTA SPA AND SALON
Immediately after booking Palo, I went to the spa to get reservations. I had to wait about 20 minutes for the doors to open, at which point they started the tours. Last year, I went on their introductory tour and ended up booking ridiculous appointments I didn’t need, like the Ioniethermie treatment. This time I knew what I wanted and was able to go straight to the appointment person. Reservations for the spa (as well as Palo) are all done manually in pencil on big sheets of paper. I don’t understand why they can’t use computers for this kind of thing, like they do the excursions. It just seemed kind of uncoordinated to me.

My first appointment was a manicure/pedicure on Sunday afternoon. Susannah from Australia assisted me and did a pretty good job. I don’t get mani/pedi’s very often, so regardless, it was a nice indulgence. She also didn’t try to sell me any products (I told her I still had stuff left over from the last cruise!). It was fun watching women come into the salon to get their hair done for formal night.

I got the oxygen facial on Monday morning with Clare from England and the exotic lime and salt glow with Milene from Canada on Wednesday morning. I like having these treatments done first thing, so I can just roll out of bed, throw on some clothes, get pampered, then come back to shower and dress for the day. The salt glow was originally scheduled for Thursday morning, but they automatically rescheduled me for Wednesday once the itinerary changed. Not having kids, changes in the schedule didn’t bother us at all.

Unfortunately I did not escape the facial and massage without buying stuff, including a jar of the salt glow to take home. If you like spa/salon treatments, watch out for your wallet. My charges here were nearly half my account once settled.

SHORE EXCURSIONS
Originally we had booked the Atlantis submarine in Grand Cayman, the jeep safari tour in Cozumel, and the kayak/nature walk on CC. We were really looking forward to these excursions, especially the jeep ride (DH is a jeep/off-roading enthusiast who hasn’t been able to do much of this since he married me!). Of course, these excursions were all wiped off the books with the itinerary change.

We ended up booking the Old/New San Juan tour and the Atlantis submarine ride for St. Thomas (which was also eventually canceled). The San Juan tour was quite interesting; I learned a lot about PR that I had never known before, such as the fact that pharmaceuticals are the biggest industry, not tourism or rum. We got on a small bus which took us up to San Cristobal, where we explored for about 30 minutes, then our driver took us all over the place. He pointed out different neighborhoods and landmarks along the way. Finally he dropped us off at the Old SJ area for shopping. DH and I did a quick mission to buy gifts for family and co-workers, then made it back to the ship with plenty of time to spare. We did get caught in a short downpour and could see the dark clouds forming up, so we were relieved to hear the ship would be at out to sea before the storm hit.

With CC back on the menu, we received our original tickets for the kayak/nature tour in our cabin on Tuesday. The tour was scheduled for 12:45, so we were waiting promptly at 12:30. The clock rolled around, but no guide showed up. Finally at 1:15, the guides arrived on the tram. Apparently they had been told the tour was cancelled! We were prepared to take the refund and hang out at the beach, but they ended up taking the two of us out anyway. It turned out to be really fun with just us and the two tour guides, Rueben and Joy (I think that was her name). We walked along the path behind the Serenity Bay beach, where they pointed out some of the environmental and geological details of the island. Then we got into kayaks (DH and I in a double kayak) and rode out to another area. The sights even included a couple of small sharks. It was truly amazing being out there where it was so quiet and peaceful and beautiful. CC also looked pretty good, considering what it had gone through so recently. We had nothing to compare it to, since this was our first CC visit, but the guides talked about all the work that had gone into making the island ready for our visit.

If you go on this tour, make sure you wear both sunscreen and insect repellent. Unfortunately I forgot the latter and I had my fair share of bites.

Now, following the tour, we encountered another issue with Guest Services. We realized we had no cash on us for gratuities; we simply forgot to bring any, thinking that all we needed was our KTTW on the island. The problem was also more noticeable since we were the only people on the tour. We asked one of the guides what we could do, and she suggested we talk to GS on the ship (every time the ship docks, the excursion rep hops on board, so we could probably arrange to leave something with him). After returning and cleaning up, I went to GS to ask how we could leave a gratuity for them. The GS rep said it was too late and we couldn’t do it. I explained what happened and asked why they couldn’t send something to the excursion rep to forward on to our guides. Finally she gave me an envelope and said we could leave it for the excursion rep to pick up the next time they were in port (keep in mind we hadn’t left the island yet). I asked if we could charge it on our account and she said no. So the final answer was “Leave cash in this envelope and we’ll hold it for a week until we dock here again and maybe, just maybe, it will make it to the excursion rep who will send it to the guides.” I’d probably have better luck putting cash in an envelope and mailing it to Rueben and Joy on Castaway Cay. Anyway, I just felt that there should have been an easier way to accomplish this and help us to recognize two wonderful people for their services. I ended up not leaving anything because I didn't trust it would reach them; if anyone has advice on getting a gratuity to them after the cruise has ended, please let me know.

DINING AND OUR SERVERS
First of all, I brought plenty of clothes and the right kind of clothes as well. DH had to do laundry late Thursday night. He figured the laundry room would be empty at midnight, but there was still a line out the door. Once he got two loads started, someone told him that the dryers were very slow and didn’t work properly (the person who told him also had two loads, but due to the slowness of the dryers, she had to spread her clothes into 5 machines). He ended up having to dry everything on a different floor. So if possible, try not to do laundry!

I made one boo-boo: I left DH’s suit pants at home. I had had everything dry-cleaned the day before and for some reason, assumed the pants were hanging on the same hanger as the jacket. So I had his jacket and shirt, but no pants. He ended up buying a pair of khakis in Treasure Ketch, which looked fine (although definitely less dressy than we had planned). The ship doesn’t have a tailor, so he had to roll up the pants which were too long. I certainly won’t forget again!

We were seated at a table of four, which was a little bit disconcerting at first. At least with a bigger table, you can get by if you don’t like some of your tablemates. Fortunately we really liked ours, a couple from PA. DH and I tend to prefer being on our own, but I like being able to meet at least a few other people. On Wednesday, we had a sitdown lunch in Lumiere’s with a brother and sister from LA and a dad from TX. It’s always fun to hear other people’s stories and experiences. The dining rooms were clearly not full, which is how I learned the ship was sailing at 75% capacity.

We ordered from room service a couple times. Service was always prompt and everything in order. The variety was slim though; it’s primarily “fast” food, like hamburgers, hot dogs, and sandwiches. I hear you can order from the restaurant menus if you’re in a suite. Also, if you like good beer, don’t order it from room service. They carry the standard domestic stuff and a few basic imports (like Heineken). Hold out for better beers from the bars, which they serve in bottles/cans and on tap (Harp, Bass, Guinness, etc.). They were also offering a buy-5-get-1-free special.

Our dining rotation started with Lumiere’s, then Animator’s Palate and Parrot Cay. We actually ate dinner in the main rooms every night, including the night we went to Palo (it was lobster night, so we had to check it out!). Tuesday night was Pirates in the Caribbean, including servers dressed as pirates, red bandanas for everyone to wear, and a special pirate-themed menu. Wednesday was Around the World, with dishes from different countries. Thursday was the Captain’s Gala dinner with semi-formal attire, and Friday was the “Best of…” menu, including a Baked Alaska parade. There’s definitely a lot more variety and excitement on a weeklong cruise. I wonder what they are planning for the 14-day repos next year.

Dining room service was good but not outstanding. Hemant and Jessie were good guys, but we just didn’t feel like the service was that special. For example, they were supposed to deliver a cake at dinner for our anniversary on Wednesday and forgot (they remembered on Thursday). As late as the debarkation breakfast, our assistant server asked if we wanted coffee when we hadn’t asked for any the entire cruise. They also seemed very rushed and distracted (the good-looking single moms at the table next to ours seemed to hog a lot of their time!).

Food quality was acceptable but also nothing particularly outstanding. I’m sure it’s better than many cruise lines and I certainly ate plenty of it, but let’s face it – you don’t choose Disney for the food. However, given the mass production of foods and the fact that all of your reasonable dining requests are honored, they do a good job. We did try the Topsiders lunch buffets, which were mediocre. One day was an Asian buffet with the worst Asian food I’ve ever had (I’m Chinese and I live in an area with some of the best Asian food in the world, so I’m probably more particular than most). I heard the Southwestern buffet was pretty bad too. The other buffet we attended was standard fare, including lunch meats with only sliced French bread baguettes – go figure. DH had loaded his plate with all sorts of meats, only to discover that he couldn’t make a real sandwich.

I do think Palo is a nice variation; food quality and service are generally better and more refined, so if you have time to go there, I recommend it.

ENTERTAINMENT
There are plenty of movies to watch onboard. All of the 30s stations on the TV cycle movies 24 hours a day, so there’s always something on. Movies included “50 First Dates,” “Shrek 2,” “13 Going on 30,” “The Whole 10 Yards,” and “Big Fish.” Two channels are devoted to Disney animated movies, including some of the older ones like “Sword and the Stone.” I could watch those channels all day long. CNN (hurricane news) and ESPN (World Series of Poker and NFL football!) rounded out our TV watching.

Movies in the Buena Vista Theater included “King Arthur,” “Princess Diaries 2,” “The Notebook,” and “Harry Potter: Prisoner of Azkaban.” I must have missed it last time, but you can buy popcorn, drinks, nuts, and M&Ms outside the theater. We saw a late showing of “King Arthur” on Sunday night. While I enjoy watching movies onboard, sometimes it’s just a little too casual for me. People talk through the movie, more so than normal, and especially kids who are without adult supervision. They also get up a lot more during the movie. This was really noticeable when we saw “Harry Potter” in the Walt Disney Theater on Tuesday; some of the kids had to go to the bathroom multiple times during the film. I guess it just seemed more obvious to me because I normally avoid kid-attended movies like the plague. But it was fun being able to bring in hot dogs and fries from Deck 9 and order chocolate smoothies from the server inside the theater.

DH and I didn’t see any of the live stage shows or attend any of the evening entertainment activities, since that’s not really our style. We spent a couple evenings in Diversions watching football and poker. Diversions was a great place to relax away from the crowds; they have board games available as well. They also hosted a couple of beer tastings. We went to the second one, which was supposedly a tasting of 4 British beers, but only one of them was British.

The Cove Café and pool area are also nice places to hang out. The café serves specialty drinks and coffees, and offers magazines and books to read. We spent several hours here when the ship was docked in Nassau. There’s also a big screen TV, games, and headsets that you can use to listen to Disney soundtracks.

Throughout the week, there were various sessions on the “Art of Entertaining,” such as napkin folding. I attended the plate and cake decorating class, where the head dessert chef showed some of his handiwork. I have to admit I was pretty disappointed by it. I guess I was expecting Martha Stewart or at least some fancy wedding cake-type decorating, but basically he just stuck a bunch of random things on a frosted cake and voila – everyone oohed and aahed. We did get to try our hands at making sugar roses. I think most people just showed up to eat the cake afterwards.

I also went on the galley tour. Unfortunately I was at the end of the line, behind a lot of tall men who seemed disinclined to make way for the short woman trying to see behind them. I couldn’t hear half of what the chef was saying. The galleys were spotless; it’s truly incredible how well things are run. They offered fresh-baked chocolate chip cookies along the way and answered plenty of questions from the group. I learned they grind up all the leftover “wet” food and feed it to the fish. Nothing comes on or goes off the ship outside the US either.

OTHER DETAILS
Seasickness: I’m very prone to seasickness, so I like to come prepared. Last year, I tried the scopamine patch that sticks behind your ear and lasts 3 days. Generally it worked, except I didn’t like the side effects of blurry vision and dry mouth. This time I tried the Relief Band, which worked quite well. I guess I expected that I wouldn’t feel any motion at all, but if I didn’t feel anything, that would probably indicate a much more serious problem than seasickness! So while I could feel the boat definitely moving and rocking, it didn’t bother my stomach. I think there’s also a heavy psychological factor. If I wasn’t wearing the band or taking any medications, I’d feel the motion and tell myself that I SHOULD be sick. However, taking precautions made me think I shouldn’t be sick and therefore I wasn’t. By the fourth day or so, I didn’t even have to wear the band at all. Guess I got my sea legs by then. I’m still feeling quite a lot of motion off the ship, kind of like this weird dizziness and floating sensation.

Castaway Club: Being a repeat passenger has its benefits. As I mentioned earlier, there’s a separate check-in line for CC members, even though they didn’t verify this (I even brought my CC card with me!). We received an invitation to a special cocktail reception with the senior crew on Monday night, but didn’t make it. We also had a beach towel and Disney pins waiting in our cabin when we arrived. Nothing really major, but it still made us feel like we were being welcomed back.

Booking another cruise: Yes, I did it. However, my general feeling after this cruise is that, while I love DCL, I might be better suited for other lines. I have two cruises planned for next year on Celebrity (Alaska) and Princess (British Isles); big part of it is the fact that Disney has only two ships and limited itineraries, so in order to see new places, I have to try new lines. Also, I think I will like a line geared more toward adults. While I didn’t feel too bothered by the fact that half the ship’s passengers were kids, obviously the activities and entertainment are more suited for families than couples. Despite these conclusions, I debated whether to book another one and finally gave in on Friday. I figured I could book for the credits and push the date out if I wanted to (2006 schedules should be out in a few weeks), or even cancel if I decided I liked the other lines better. But at least I wouldn’t be kicking myself after the cruise for not booking. This time around, I booked 12/3/05, 7 night Western Caribbean and requested a navigator verandah cabin with no connecting door. Fare was about $2600; I also got quotes for a Cat 4 ($3500) and Cat 3 ($6500 – ouch!).

Disney Vacation Club: Since I’m a timeshare lover, I had to visit the presentation. The incentives were reasonable, including free points or a $10/point discount. I hemmed and hawed about it, but finally walked away. It just didn’t make any sense for me to buy DVC. I already own two timeshares in Tahoe (close enough for me to visit frequently and year-round with no travel expense), plus I just couldn’t see myself coming to WDW that often. If I ever want to visit, I can always trade my existing timeshares. Families and those who can travel frequently to Orlando may find it very appealing.

General service and cleanliness of the ship: DCL received excellent marks in these areas, with only the service exceptions mentioned above. While we were sitting outside the Cove Café one afternoon, I saw someone leave an empty glass on a nearby table. Within five minutes, a CM came by, picked up the glass, AND straightened up the tables and chairs, even though they were already tidy. There were always people cleaning the common areas, although unobtrusively. They really have everything down to a science, which is one of the things I love best about cruising.

DEBARKATION AND TRAVEL FROM CRUISE
Debarkation was very smooth. We had everything packed up and ready to go by 10:30 pm on Friday night. One advantage of the late dinner seating is that you have a late breakfast seating on Saturday morning (8 am instead of 6:45 am). We had breakfast in Lumiere’s, then made our way off the ship. There was no line at all, even going through customs.

On Friday night, gratuities were paid out to our stateroom host, server, assistant server, and head server. Tips are always kind of a weird thing for me. I know we should feel comfortable with whatever we tip, but it always feels like a competition to me. Generally we tip above the recommended, but how much above depends on the service we received. While I felt justified in the gratuities we gave them, it still felt funny seeing them the day after and trying to sense if there was any positive or negative reaction in the service.

DCL transfers enable you to check your bags with certain airlines at the port – very convenient. We handed our suitcases over, although we couldn’t check in yet (our flight was at 4:15 pm). We then boarded the bus and arrived at the airport around 10 am. Check-in was allowed fifteen minutes later. The next 5 hours were spent in the food court, playing cards, reading, and eating more food. The flights home were thankfully uneventful and we made it to California around 9 pm.

Sorry for the super long review, but I wanted to share our experiences while it was still fresh in my mind!

Thanks so much for your review.... it is so helpful with less than 3 weeks away!!!!

Do you have any pictures you can share?

Thanks for asking about photos. I'm working on getting all the pics onto Yahoo and putting captions on them. I'll email the link to you when they're ready!

Hi pvangordon

I was on the same 9/11 cruise with you! Wish you could have seen some of the stage shows in the evenings as they were wonderful!!::yes::

I enjoyed your report!::yes::

Hey, i was at both beer tastings. My friend won the trivia with his elvis guess.

You got a beach towel, we got a nice blanket in our room for our castaway club gift??

Hmmmmmm

I am guessing that i know who you two are, as you keep referring to we. One of you didnt do the tasting right??

jsf9900 and creditman i hope you have fun on your next cruise and i cant wait until my next one

Thank you for taking the time to write a trip report. :)

I'm also really sensitive to noises so I hope we don't end up with noisy people in the cabins next to us. :(

I was also on the Sept 11th cruise. I was on deck 6 room 6108 and my parents and nephew were right across the hall from us in room 6109! My dad spent the majority of his time in Diversions- you might have ran into him:D His name is Paul, we're from AZ. We did the rainforest excursion in San Juan but they had to close it down early because it was going to rain!

Mattnlaura: Funny you should say that...I automatically assumed it was a beach towel and didn't untie it. Now I'm too lazy to go downstairs and find it! Yes, we were both at the second tasting, along with one of our dinnermates. I'm not a drinker, so I was there just for moral support. I ended up having to leave early for the galley tour, but came back later to find the guys still enjoying another round. They asked me the Elvis trivia question to see if I'd get it. My guess was Marilyn Monroe. :)

disney_81: I did hear they closed the rainforest excursions down early. When we were waiting to start our SJ tour around noon, several people joined us from a cancelled mid-day tour to the rainforest. Hopefully you still had a good time.

For those who sailed on this cruise, how many of you are thanking your lucky stars that we managed to slip in between the hurricanes with no impact other than changed ports?

hi everyone .hey disney 81 i was on the sixth floor also but i was aft. and i just can't wait untill my next one
:jumping3: :jumping3: :jumping3: heck will dirve there again:moped: it will be magic:wizard:

I had the kayak tour scheduled in CC and it was cancelled due to weather this summer. Do you recommend this tour??? Also, I think we will spend more time in Diversions next summer. Since we've been to all the evening programs for the last 3 years it probably would be fun to try something different.

Jlawall - I thought the kayak tour was quite interesting. I'm not sure what it's like with a full group (maybe 10-20 people, judging by the number of kayaks), but it's probably not bad. You get a chance to see some other parts of the island and learn about the environment. Wear clothes you don't mind getting wet and bring sunscreen, bug repellent, and bottled water.

Diversions was also a good place to hang out. Not crowded at all, big screen tv's, and board games to pass the time. Good for a nice relaxing time without being too "clubby."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter