• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

9-08-2010 Pirates through the Mediterranean/ Yo Ho! Yo Ho! A Pirates Life for Us

What are you guys thinking of doing on your private tour (Forum, Pantheon, Coliseum, Vatican Museums, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain, etc)? I know what I would like to hit while there (that I did not do in 2007), but Kimmy and I have not talked at all about our port days and what we want to book, even still considering ABD if they still have spots once we see the reviews (someone is getting off tomorrow and I hope to hear some news on how it was).

Yes of course all the regular places , of course Vatican and the chapel is a must and the coliseum amongst other places .... This is the place I was checking into http://www.limoservicesrome.eu/ROMEPORTTRANSFER.htm

They pick us up right at the ship and take us where we want to go and its 69.99 euro per hour up to 6 people and or 74.99 euro up to nine ......and thats for the whole group ...im figuring on 6 hours max ...if its just six if us that works out to like 70 euros per , which is less then half of what Disney is charging ..... Talk to Kim and let me know or have her FB me ..LOL

pirate:

I know there a lots of folks here who are doing the B2B WBTA after this cruise, and got involved in the FE exchanges there, but I've also seen a few more folks who have booked in the last couple of weeks come up so thought I'd check one last time to see if anyone is interested in doing an exchange on our cuise? I've got a really cool gift to make, but if I'm going to get them done, I've got to start pretty quick...

Anyone...? :confused3

(Oh, this is Freak's wife again hijacking his DIS login, one of these days I'll set my own up!)

Oh & Frank's wife- we'd participate in an exchange. No one participated on our last cruise which was a bit sad.

Just finally getting things figured out as I leave in 3 months from today - it will be here before I know it.

I thought I would share what my TA confirmed for me regarding dinning theme nights. (Not 100% sure about the show just my guess from reading trip reports) Now if I could just get things confirmed for the 14-day after (depends who you talk to what the schedule is - pretty much 2 variations floating around).

Day # – Port: Dining – Theme – Show
Day 1 – Barcelona: Cruise Casual – Let the Magic Begin – Let the Magic Begin
Day 2 – Sea: Formal – Prince & Princess – Twice Charmed
Day 3 – Valletta: Cruise Casual – Rotational – Variety
Day 4 – Tunis: Cruise Casual – Rotational – Once Upon a Song
Day 5 – Naples: Cruise Casual – Rotational – The Dream Goes On
Day 6 – Civitavecchia: Cruise Casual – Master Chef – Variety
Day 7 – La Spezia: Cruise Casual – Pirate – Crew Talent Show
Day 8 – Ajaccio: Cruise Casual – Villains – Villains Tonight
Day 9 – Villefranche: Semi-Formal – Capitan’s Gala – Disney Dreams
Day 10 – Sea: Cruise Casual – Til We Meet Again – Remember the Magic

After almost 2 hours on the phone last night my cruisemate and I have figured out what we are going to do in each port. :yay::woohoo:

• Valletta - On our own - probably the hop on/off bus - hope to walk the city and get to the Blue Lagoon
  • Tunis - Bardo Museum, Medina, Carthage & Sidi Bou Said - and remembering to pack mucho snacks as they don't feed us on this excursion - which btw what is up with that - 7.5 hours and no lunch?
  • Naples - Mt. Vesuvius by 4x4, Hike, Wine Tasting & Pompeii
  • Civitavecchia - Todd will will join you, but if things don't work out let us know we think we may venture to do this on our own.
  • La Spezia - Florence & Michelangelo
  • Ajaccio - Sweet Corsica
  • Villefranche - Nice and Monaco
Anyone out there who has booked already know what the times are for any of these excursions? We can't book till 6/10.

BTW - on the FE sorry it is just too stressful to participate on the 10-day. I did it back in 2007 and that was an 11-day. There is just not enough time for me with everything I want to do on the ship, the shore excursions and dealing with jet lag. I don't see me hanging out in the clubs at night either (well maybe if I am still jet lagged the first few nights) like you can on a longer less port intensive trip. That is why I am doing the 14-day after - so I can recover from this trip.

Just finally getting things figured out as I leave in 3 months from today - it will be here before I know it.

I thought I would share what my TA confirmed for me regarding dinning theme nights. (Not 100% sure about the show just my guess from reading trip reports) Now if I could just get things confirmed for the 14-day after (depends who you talk to what the schedule is - pretty much 2 variations floating around).

Day # – Port: Dining – Theme – Show
Day 1 – Barcelona: Cruise Casual – Let the Magic Begin – Let the Magic Begin
Day 2 – Sea: Formal – Prince & Princess – Twice Charmed
Day 3 – Valletta: Cruise Casual – Rotational – Variety
Day 4 – Tunis: Cruise Casual – Rotational – Once Upon a Song
Day 5 – Naples: Cruise Casual – Rotational – The Dream Goes On
Day 6 – Civitavecchia: Cruise Casual – Master Chef – Variety
Day 7 – La Spezia: Cruise Casual – Pirate – Crew Talent Show
Day 8 – Ajaccio: Cruise Casual – Villains – Villains Tonight
Day 9 – Villefranche: Semi-Formal – Capitan’s Gala – Disney Dreams
Day 10 – Sea: Cruise Casual – Til We Meet Again – Remember the Magic

After almost 2 hours on the phone last night my cruisemate and I have figured out what we are going to do in each port. :yay::woohoo:

• Valletta - On our own - probably the hop on/off bus - hope to walk the city and get to the Blue Lagoon
  • Tunis - Bardo Museum, Medina, Carthage & Sidi Bou Said - and remembering to pack mucho snacks as they don't feed us on this excursion - which btw what is up with that - 7.5 hours and no lunch?
  • Naples - Mt. Vesuvius by 4x4, Hike, Wine Tasting & Pompeii
  • Civitavecchia - Todd will will join you, but if things don't work out let us know we think we may venture to do this on our own.
  • La Spezia - Florence & Michelangelo
  • Ajaccio - Sweet Corsica
  • Villefranche - Nice and Monaco
Anyone out there who has booked already know what the times are for any of these excursions? We can't book till 6/10.

BTW - on the FE sorry it is just too stressful to participate on the 10-day. I did it back in 2007 and that was an 11-day. There is just not enough time for me with everything I want to do on the ship, the shore excursions and dealing with jet lag. I don't see me hanging out in the clubs at night either (well maybe if I am still jet lagged the first few nights) like you can on a longer less port intensive trip. That is why I am doing the 14-day after - so I can recover from this trip.

So you're def. not doing Adventures by Disney then? That's too bad! Would have been nice to have another of our B2B companions doing that with me and Jason!! (Although EyeDisneyCruise's family are B2B2B----that's right...THREE consecutive cruises :rotfl2:...and last I knew they are doing the AbD package, too)

So you're def. not doing Adventures by Disney then? That's too bad! Would have been nice to have another of our B2B companions doing that with me and Jason!! (Although EyeDisneyCruise's family are B2B2B----that's right...THREE consecutive cruises :rotfl2:...and last I knew they are doing the AbD package, too)

Yes, we made that decision last night. You should see my spreadsheets comparing the excusions we were interested in and what ABD was doing. It will be cheaper in the long run and really had things we wanted to see that they would not be doing (but really bummed about the photo CD and the special things on the cruise). It was a hard choice, especially since we have not seen any trip reports yet. So basically came down to $$$. But think we will get to hear about your daily excursions at dinner and you ours and can compare our days. Will make for more to talk about at dinner.

I am so getting excitied. In fact every X month prior to the cruise I go out an celebrate with a nice dinner. So think I will try a new French Bistro that opened not too far from me tonight (or tomorrow). :cool1:

Yes, we made that decision last night. You should see my spreadsheets comparing the excusions we were interested in and what ABD was doing. It will be cheaper in the long run and really had things we wanted to see that they would not be doing (but really bummed about the photo CD and the special things on the cruise). It was a hard choice, especially since we have not seen any trip reports yet. So basically came down to $$$. But think we will get to hear about your daily excursions at dinner and you ours and can compare our days. Will make for more to talk about at dinner.

I am so getting excitied. In fact every X month prior to the cruise I go out an celebrate with a nice dinner. So think I will try a new French Bistro that opened not too far from me tonight (or tomorrow). :cool1:

Were you able to find detailed descriptions of what the AbD excursions are? Or include? Or just the very general stuff that is on the AbD website? We were a little uncertain at first, too, because they're not super descriptive about what you're going to do and everything......but our TA assured us that while the descriptions may lack a little in luster that the actual outings and experience is/will be fantastic. So we took a leap of faith----banking also on the idea that the chances we'll have a chance to do a trip like this again anytime soon (or ever) is probably not good and so the smaller tour group size, the direct attention from the CM's/Adventure Guides and all the other little "extras" (like the photos, etc.) would make it worth it to us....plus, I have to confess that I am terrible at planning anything on my own when it comes to excursions, etc. I love having DCL do all the work and me just sitting back to enjoy the ride :thumbsup2

We, too, wish that someone would post some reviews or information about their AbD experience but haven't seen any.

Were you able to find detailed descriptions of what the AbD excursions are? Or include? Or just the very general stuff that is on the AbD website? We were a little uncertain at first, too, because they're not super descriptive about what you're going to do and everything......but our TA assured us that while the descriptions may lack a little in luster that the actual outings and experience is/will be fantastic. So we took a leap of faith----banking also on the idea that the chances we'll have a chance to do a trip like this again anytime soon (or ever) is probably not good and so the smaller tour group size, the direct attention from the CM's/Adventure Guides and all the other little "extras" (like the photos, etc.) would make it worth it to us....plus, I have to confess that I am terrible at planning anything on my own when it comes to excursions, etc. I love having DCL do all the work and me just sitting back to enjoy the ride :thumbsup2

We, too, wish that someone would post some reviews or information about their AbD experience but haven't seen any.

Here is what I posted in the 14-day thread The ABD thread I reference has 1 post by someone else who went on it and said some people were dissapointed because they did not always do the "main things" i.e. Pompeii. Take a look. Granted I know you are past the point of no return with ABD. I do agree the fact of not having to log in at 9 pm pt on 6/10 to see what is left would be a great feeling and those little extras. Maybe next time. I did the 1st Med cruise back in 2007 and I did not like not knowing anything going into it. Much happier to learn from others first.

Here is what I posted in the 14-day thread The ABD thread I reference has 1 post by someone else who went on it and said some people were dissapointed because they did not always do the "main things" i.e. Pompeii. Take a look. Granted I know you are past the point of no return with ABD. I do agree the fact of not having to log in at 9 pm pt on 6/10 to see what is left would be a great feeling and those little extras. Maybe next time. I did the 1st Med cruise back in 2007 and I did not like not knowing anything going into it. Much happier to learn from others first.

Well our booking date for Palo, excursions and stuff for the Med has already passed (May 26th) so we just booked one spa thing as a placeholder in case we couldn't get a good appt. on a sea day on the WBTA (which we're pretty confident we will)----so yeah we're all in anyway.

It's ironic that you post that link here now (and on the other thread) because I was just on the ABD boards and saw that guy's post and started reading it and sent him a note/reply :lmao:

I checked the times for the excursions you want. They are all available, but only one time slot showed up for each one.

8:00 AM
  • Naples - Mt. Vesuvius by 4x4, Hike, Wine Tasting & Pompeii 8:45 AM
  • La Spezia - Florence & Michelangelo 7:15 AM
  • Ajaccio - Sweet Corsica 8:15 AM
  • Villefranche - Nice and Monaco 9:00 AM

I checked the times for the excursions you want. They are all available, but only one time slot showed up for each one.

Thanks! This is great news that we don't need to come up with any back-up plans and they don't look too bad time wise, just 1 really early one. Now just need to wait 4 days 11.5 hours!

Interesting about the excursions.... I'm just starting. It makes sense the reviews aren't in yet, but hard to know what to do then. Will be looking at booking ours here in the next week or so.

Is anyone staying in Barcelona before or after? I saw one hotel was recommended... if you've cruised before and stayed ahead/after, did you book the hotel through Disney? We're going to do 2 extra days in Barcelona after we get off the ship.

Interesting about the excursions.... I'm just starting. It makes sense the reviews aren't in yet, but hard to know what to do then. Will be looking at booking ours here in the next week or so.

Is anyone staying in Barcelona before or after? I saw one hotel was recommended... if you've cruised before and stayed ahead/after, did you book the hotel through Disney? We're going to do 2 extra days in Barcelona after we get off the ship.

In 2007 I stayed at one of Disney's hotels prior to the cruise, but booked it on my own as it was much cheaper than what Disney was charging. This year I booked my own hotel again, but not a Dinsey hotel as they were too much money for me. The only advantage to staying at a Disney hotel (IMO) is if you are using Disney Transfers and you can check in for the cruise at the hotel rather than the port. I only get in 2 days before the cruise and doing the B2B.

In 2007 I stayed at one of Disney's hotels prior to the cruise, but booked it on my own as it was much cheaper than what Disney was charging. This year I booked my own hotel again, but not a Dinsey hotel as they were too much money for me. The only advantage to staying at a Disney hotel (IMO) is if you are using Disney Transfers and you can check in for the cruise at the hotel rather than the port. I only get in 2 days before the cruise and doing the B2B.

Great info, thank you!

Quick question for all of your DCL pro's. If I can not start booking my excursions until June 25th, can I start booking at 12 midnight on 6/25? Any and all help would be appreciated!

Quick question for all of your DCL pro's. If I can not start booking my excursions until June 25th, can I start booking at 12 midnight on 6/25? Any and all help would be appreciated!

You may book at 12 midnight Eastern time. Be sure that you are not logged into your reservation before midnight. You must log in after 12 am or it will not let you into the reservation area.

:cutie:

Just booked today. Looking forward to it! Have not been to these ports so will be trying to figure out what to do at each one. There are 3 of us all adults going.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter