8th Annual Christmas Thead

HI guys!! soooo DD10 expressed that she would love Evie's from the 'Descendants' necklace, and of course nothing at the Disney store, i'm also planning on giving her the dvd she loves this movie :idea:

Hi guys!

Got a little more done this weekend. A stocking stuffer and a Bose sound link for my husband.

I'm trying to buy at least one stocking stuffer a week. Spreads the expense! Stockings have gotten expensive since my kids are teens! How do you do it and buy stuff they will like? They've out grown the cute little things!

Darci

Woo hoo! Yesterday was my son's 4th bday party. I made sure we (the adults) drew names for Christmas on DH's side while we were all together. My MIL (who is awesome) was teasing about thinking about Christmas already. I told her I needed to draw names because I'm ready to finish up my shopping :)

Hi guys!

I'm trying to buy at least one stocking stuffer a week. Spreads the expense! Stockings have gotten expensive since my kids are teens! How do you do it and buy stuff they will like? They've out grown the cute little things!

Darci

I don't have the teens but it does get expensive with the adults! I tend to think practical (so it gets used) and edible (which gets eaten). So things that don't stick around long. Practical stuff include pens, pencils, highlighters, erasers, gift cards, lip balm, makeup brushes and makeup, hair brushes and accessories (argan oil is big), bath gel, etc. And not to say you can't have fun with it! Things like smencils (smelly pencils) and funny erasers. Edible can be things like favorite movie boxes of candy, gum, cookies, even spices and oils if they like to cook. Depending on the size of your stocking, you can also throw in a movie or the like.

For us, miiiiggghhhttt consider buying an electric guitar for DS. A friend has one she is looking to sell for a good price and DS wants to switch to electric guitar end of the year. Still figuring out what for DD. She wants to take drum lessons but I am not going to buy a whole kit when she is just starting out! Figured we'd go with pads for a while and see how that goes. One good thing -- DS wanted a plush Perry and it was on sale at disneystore.com for $2.99!

This thread has been very quiet this year. Usually there are tons of posts by now. It's my favorite thread of the year. That makes me sad.

This thread has been very quiet this year. Usually there are tons of posts by now. It's my favorite thread of the year. That makes me sad.

So true! There's normally tons of posts by now. This is where I get some excellent ideas!!
As the previous poster mentioned - stockings are very expensive!! I try to do typical things - razors, deodorant, little gift cards, some edible treats, etc but it definitely adds up!
I'm trying to figure out what I want for Christmas so I can give ideas but I am at a loss this year. My whole lists contains razor cartridges (their so darn expensive) and that's it! Lol

Was at the mall today to pick up something at Sephora and they have a Lush bath products there. Not cheap but that bath jelly looked fun for the kids!

I got my husband a new badger hair shaving brush, blades and shaving cream ordered from Amazon. I'll be picking the boys up some Axe stuff. The older boy is getting a GC in his stocking for the car wash. Younger for fast food. Both movie tickets. Younger loves pop tarts & I don't normally buy those so maybe...

Oh my! I came looking to see if this thread had been started yet. It's been here since July!!!:rotfl::thumbsup2

I love reading in here for ideas and planning along with all of you! So I am back!

I downloaded the Santas Bag app again this year for my iPhone. For those of you that have never heard of it, Santas Bag is a free app that organizes your gifts and lists and recipients. I heard about it here on the Dis budget boards. It helped me so much with organization and budget last year. It was wonderful to have lists right there on my phone when I was out in the stores. I highly recommend it to anyone with a lot of organizing and lists to contend with. There is a paid version (pro) but I've found the free one to be enough.

I cracked the seal and bought my first gifts while I was out last week. An infusion glass water bottle for my mother in law, and a board book that I fell in love with for my new nephew. So, shopping has officially begun. :):santa:

Ugh, have a dilemma now. DS has been in guitar lessons (acoustic) for a bit and has until Christmas. He's been doing well for practice and the teacher is impressed with his practicing. DS wants to move to electric guitar and a friend is selling hers at a good price. He even said he'd rather have the guitar than a big ninjago set! Need to talk to DH about it because I was really planning on the Rock Band game being the big gift to both to skate by on the cheap this year. Also have to talk because DD is just starting drum lessons and no way am I getting her a kit for Christmas as those are massively expensive. And right now I don't have an idea for something comparable for DD. At least I still have time!

Since DH is out of town on a business trip, I've been working on his big gift. I had to weed through a lot of his t-shirts this year (he'd wear them until they were holier than the Pope if I let him :rotfl:). He doesn't know, however, that I saved his shirts and am making a quilt out of them. I did all the cutting and interfacing last night, and I'm going to start sewing them up later today.

Our something you need for DSS14 might have to change...he had a concussion this past week in football...he is doing LOADS better, and his high school has an intensive program to get him back where he was before, so he will be just fine, but if he isn't released to play at the end of the season, I don't want him sad on pre-Christmas morning with new cleats :sad1:...so we are waiting to hear if he gets released, and if not we will have to change his "something he needs"...

So, off of the gift thoughts for a bit. Who is already planning their food? *raises hand*

I want to try and make Cinnamon Rolls this year for my xmas morning breakfast. My family most likely isn't getting together until after noon so I plan on having some Cinnamon Rolls and White Hot Chocolate while spending my morning with the kitties and watching the Disney Parks Parade.

I haven't even started food, but I really should! We have Pre-Christmas Eve and Pre-Christmas with the kids and their mom, that we host here. Then we have Christmas Eve and Christmas just the two of us. So it's tricky!

Christmas Eve is usually chili for us, I have to work it this year too so that's good, quick, and easy.

Christmas I decided 2 years ago that the big meal was too much of a hassle with not enough help. The last 2 years we've done lasagna, salad, Italian bread and of course kept pie for dessert. This year my DH is having WL surgery so protein is a big thing. I'm thinking maybe a smoked brisket? So, yes I've thought about it but haven't made any final decisions.

Haven't thought about food yet. Gotta get through hosting a baby shower and turkey day first. BUT, last year we went to dinner on Cmas Eve (just me, DH, DD and my dad) and then had friends over for cocktails for about an hour or so while all the kids, big and little, watched Rudolph. Will probably do the same again this year. It was nice & low key. Cmas morning will be the traditional sausage & egg casserole with blueberry muffins & fruit salad. Not sure about lunch/dinner yet. Depends on whether or not people come here or we go there....

Anybody have one of these or something similar? I'd love to hear some reviews from people I "know" ;)

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00XM0XZ5M...olid=387F0Y5Q41AOC&coliid=I5ERT3KMLLJPB&psc=1

Got a couple more gifts done today!

For my one cousin (the one I like) I ordered the sandwich maker she wanted plus a copy of one of my favorite cookbooks. I would get more for her, but she can't afford to spend a lot on others and I don't want her to feel bad about it. Both items were on sale though which helps, but not a huge deal for me!

For my other cousin (the one I don't like) I bought some nail polish, nail files, nail clipper, lip balm, and a makeup case. Everything was on clearance so I spent about $15 on her! I try to limit my spending on her for multiple reasons that I won't get in to so I am happy with what I got.

Hopefully by the end of the month I will have the ornaments for my 2 nephews and the stuff for my dad purchased. Then next month I'll have my grandma and aunt/uncle done as well! A bit at a time!

I got a little farther on my gifts this weekend. Took the kids to the mall, let them browse a little - that helps so much with their lists!! DD11 wants the space shuttle lego set, luckily she likes the small set ($25) as much as the big set ($120) so the small set it is! Amazon also recommended the space port to go along with it, so an extra $8 for that also. DD9 only picked out the huge sets (ferris wheel, scrambler) so we're still talking that over. Not buying any huge sets this year, especially for the 9 year old because she can't manage to keep all the pieces to small sets!

Ordered them both a POP vinyl figure - Voldemort for DD9, Dumbledore for DD11. They'll enjoy acting out the youtube video with them lol. Also got their lego advent calendar - went with lego city this year, the friends set was too similar to the last one we had.

The only other progress I made was a cute wind chime I picked up on clearance at Christmas Tree Shop. $6.50, half price. Not 100% sure who will get that yet, possibly my mother if we are on speaking terms by then. Otherwise, I'm sure my friend would enjoy it. Also got 2 ideas for DDfiance - of course now I can only remember 1 of them lol! Good thing I wrote them down, have to take a look later. He wants an UnderArmor hoodie, but won't spend that much on himself ($60 for a hoodie, not cheap but too much when he doesn't NEED it).

So that's it for now. Making a little progress. Made up my list of who to buy for, so now I can start checking everyone off! My goal is to be 100% done by December 1st, so my last month of pregnancy can be a month of resting. We'll see how that goes.

Got the kids their Christmas ornaments this weekend. Pretty happy with what we got!

So, off of the gift thoughts for a bit. Who is already planning their food? *raises hand*

I want to try and make Cinnamon Rolls this year for my xmas morning breakfast. My family most likely isn't getting together until after noon so I plan on having some Cinnamon Rolls and White Hot Chocolate while spending my morning with the kitties and watching the Disney Parks Parade.

YES! I'm such a planner this way. With my parents here instead of ILs, changes it a bit. Normally we do sushi for Christmas Eve, but may change to other seafood for my mom (with a bit of sushi for us). Christmas probably roast beef again. The morning, not sure -- I've usually done pastries but parents are Type II so might opt for a nice breakfast casserole.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter