8pm flight out of FLL... need things to do for the day in Miami

Suger Mag

MamaBear
Hi, we are taking a March cruise on the WOnder out of Miami and we have a late flight out of Ft. Lauderdale (8pm). What advice do folks have for killing time in Miami or the surrounding area, as well as how to best get to FLL around 4 or 5pm?

Not into a beach, open to a car rental. Traveling with my senior mom (80) so light walking is best.

Dayrooms? Where?
Anyone take an airboat ride... is it too much for Nana?
Animal encounters?
Also traveling with my DD 12 so any particularly good malls or shopping centers?

Thanks for your help, I have never been to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale so I appreciate the info.

Not sure if Disney offers it, but some cruise lines actually offer an excursion you can book for that day specifically for people with late flights on disembarkation day. We are in the same boat (haha!) for our cruise in April on Celebrity. I plan to book us an excursion simply for the convenience of not worrying about bags or transportation (or what the heck to do all day lol) that day :) HTH!!

We enjoy Bayside, plenty of shops, restaurants. You can also take a boat tour. I wouldn't suggest South Beach. A lot of walking.

Bayside will have a lot of walking, and it's basically a mall. If you want to see unique things, rent a car and go to The Jungle Queen up in Fort Lauderdale. It's near the airport. They have a 3 hour sightseeing cruise starting at 1:30, complete with an alligator show. It's all a bit kitcshy, but it's been around for 65 years.

http://www.junglequeen.com/

Any new suggestions we have a 8pm flight out of miami as well. Car rental is just too high for a mini van for 8 hours.

Mall would be fine, but what do you do with all the luggage?

I am in the same situation for my cruise in February. I have a 6pm flight out of Miami. I saw DCL offers an excursion in Miami for a hop on hop off bus tour which I may do because they store luggage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter