• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

8am Yard Sale @ My House......

mickeysaver

<font color=blue>WINNER of the world's worst limer
be there. lol I doubt that there is much here that any of you could use. Most of the stuff is marked $1 or less. We have a few higher dollar items like a pet door, some tables, a car bike rack, a bed, and a rowing machine. I doubt that I get any sleep or very little at this point. It's been a roller coaster day and I am just glad to know that either we sell the stuff for the Disney Fund, or it gets donated for a tax deduction. Either way, we are coming up on the good side. Cross your fingers! Maggie

good luck--we donated all of our clothing, bedding, towels,shoes to a local church for the hurricane collection.we are going to having a couple of hundred people coming into town. :Pinkbounc all our clothes were for the fall.so basically gave away the whole yardsale but it is such a good cause.

Well, after all that work and very little sleep, we made a whopping $58. It was so strange. Stuff that I would have thought would have gone early didn't sell and other junky stuff sold out first. We still have lots of junk. We still have the queen bed frame, full light oak wooden headboard, rowing machine, and car bike rack. We did not have the turn out that we had hoped for, but when we went to pickup all the signs we found out why. We had posted four signs at the nearest busy intersection....only one remained and it was laying down. So, the traffic that we did have was just what happened to be driving by. We are going to try this again in a couple of weeks, with some altered sign placement strategy. Maybe we will have a little more success. We plan to pick up some Disney Dollars later this week with the profits. Maggie

Maybe you could advertise in a local newspaper. A lot of people around here plan out their garage sales.

We had a multi-family yard sale yesterday too! We advertised, etc. and we made $53.00. Trust me, we did not price based on sentiment, we priced for it to go. You know though there is a problem when you mark something for $0.50 and people try to negotiate for $0.25. Frustrating...but the stuff is gone...let for free on the curb! Oh, no one in the neighborhood did well.

I guess I did even better than I thought at my yard sale Saturday. I made $309.85!

I didn't have any big items either - my most expensive thing was $10.

I did have an ad in the newspaper - and HUGE flourescent orange poster board signs around the area. It was alot of work and I don't think I'll be doing another one any time soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter