88 days til christmas, time to restart the christmas elf thread...

you can get elves at various places, some are definitely cuter than others. :) I have gotten some at home goods, oriental trading, random christmas stores... I am not a fan of the elf on a shelf elf, he is just creepy looking. :)

Hi everyone, I'm new to the boards this year, but I am really into the elves and would like to join this discussion on elves. I have a blog about my elves, www.jeniferdwn.blogspot.com. I don't like the Elf on the Shelf because I don't like the idea of them watching the kids and reporting back to Santa every little bad thing they do. My elves do "report to Santa" but they are special to my kids because the kids can love the elves and play with them. In response to an earlier post, the elf-magic elves are really cute and the staff there are great!!! I have several that have come from them and the quality is great. I do not work for them or get anything for suggesting them, just my personal opinions. Hope to get some ideas from some of you and I hope some of you might enjoy some of our "elf-capades" from this year. Hobby Lobby has some cute elves too, but they are a little big to be hiding.

Our elf came from TJ Maxx 2yrs ago....I need to get back there after Halloween to grab up a friend for ours...I can't believe it's almost elf time.

oh no! were they scary looking elves?

No - they are really cute!
elves.jpg

Sometimes my dd gets a bit freaked out if animals or dolls do "real" things (like stuffed animals that talk). So I guess because the elves were "real" from the North Pole, it scared her???

my elves now have their own dolls...

mygnomes.jpg

found the pattern over at weefolkart.com

maggie

LOL! Maggie!!! Your elves have dolls... you are gonna cause my elves to form a mutiny along with the darn pirate set of scrapbook dolls I'm missing!!!Where are our elves.... I better search their tote! They may be starting sooner than I thought!

LOL! Maggie!!! Your elves have dolls... you are gonna cause my elves to form a mutiny along with the darn pirate set of scrapbook dolls I'm missing!!!Where are our elves.... I better search their tote! They may be starting sooner than I thought!

rofl, and my elves have shoes... :)

just an fyi, ac moore has little elf size clipboards, set of 4 back in the area with all the random unfinished wood stuff. they are very cute. :)

The Annalee elves remind me of Lady Elaine (the puppet from Mr. Rogers Neighborhood). I was so scared of her as a kid. I wish they still had Herself the Elf dolls. Those were so much cuter. Anybody remember her?

just an fyi, ac moore has little elf size clipboards, set of 4 back in the area with all the random unfinished wood stuff. they are very cute. :)

You want a hobby lobby and I want an ACM!!!
If you're out and about can you grab me 1 clipboard set... what did you need at HL?

You want a hobby lobby and I want an ACM!!!
If you're out and about can you grab me 1 clipboard set... what did you need at HL?
rofl, I have no idea what I wanted now. :) I will look on monday at ac moore though for ya. :) maggie

so I like this elf on a shelf idea but will my cousins still think its cool? There 10 and 11 and still believe. This is going to be my first year living home so Ive never done the elf thing. Anyone have a good budget site to get a elf?

How cool...I'm happy to hear that you have heard of her. Not that many people have heard of Herself the Elf..not even people that grew up in the 80s like me. I was so happy to find a pillowcase that has her on it. My daughter's room is a TinkerBell theme, and I incoporated Herself into it.

joann's has started putting out the christmas ornaments.... they have elf size mugs, trumpets, jugs, cute little pan with a lid and a long handle...they also had one lone elf ornament at mine today that was actually very cute so naturally... it came home with me. :) also, they have in the bead section an elf charm on a card with several other xmas charms... kind of cute too. :) maggie

We are heading to Disney in November and our elves are going to meet us down there. We are planning on having them meet us during MVMCP. We have reservations for the Dessert party too! Any suggestions on how to surprise the kiddies with their long lost friends? I was thinking of dropping them off a few minutes early at the Dessert party so a CM could put them on our table... Really want Santa to stop and hand them to the kids on the parade route :lmao:

Found small marshmallow shooters last night for only 2.49 each. Pretty sure there will be a marshamllow fight at our house this year.

My neighbor has one for her 5 year old and he thinks Santa moves him around..guess I need to find a pattern

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter