• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

8540 on the Fantasy

Maple17

Mouseketeer
Hi all,

I have been stalking the Fantasy stateroom reports for months and still no report on this room. Has anyone stayed in 8540 before? Our TA chose it for us almost a year ago and I am hoping it is not too far forward. We have only cruised once before and we were mid-ship. Also, I've read that the forward elevators drop us off in the adult only zone on deck 11. Sounds like it's okay for kids to quietly walk through that area. Is that right?

If anyone has stayed in 8540 please let me know...thanks!

Are you aware this cabin has that outer skin on the veranda forward ?
And the couch is aft, so sitting on the couch your view will be obstructed.

What is outer skin? I am not aware, newbie here. The couch in the room we had last cruise (cat 5B) was near the doors to balcony. This is not?

Thank you so much for this info, I had no idea and do not want that obstruction. I read through the thread but still not sure where to see which rooms on the Fantasy have the skin. I want to switch our room but not sure what to switch to!? Help!

When is your cruise?
If you look at the photo in this thread http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2586763
with the cabins numbered on the outside and find your cabin booked you can see the skin. Your cabin has it installed already in the photo, some don't. You can follow the path of where it will be eventually installed. Then stay away from those areas. You just need to move aft or forward a door or two.
Do you know how to zoom in on that photo?

Ok, I found our cabin and zoomed in. Is the obstruction the dark blue part? The white steel thing doesn't look like it obstructs in any way. My TA called DIS today and they said there is no obstruction in that cabin. Weird. I'm going to see if I can find out online what else is available. Our cruise is Feb 9 2013.

This is a photo of the obstruction on the outer part of the forward side of balcony. It is white and extends into the viewable space 14 inches.

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u173/rsx78400/Disney Dream/inside2.jpg

I'm surprised DCL doesn't know exactly where these cabins are located. Perhaps you could show them this photo and ask where this skin is located near your cabin. It's possible we/photo is off a cabin or two. Someone did report it was wrong around 7546.

Move forward two cabins or aft one.

HTH

Cat 5B has no availability so out of luck changing rooms right now. But I am going to keep an eye on it. Thanks again for this info!

Can someone point me to how I can find out whether our rooms have a "skin" or obstruction? We are in 9126/9128... We sail in less than a month and doubt we can change even if we need to! Help! :yay:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=46456308&postcount=18

There is skin on 9126 veranda forward. The couch is forward so won't block view as much as if couch was on other side.
You have two verandas. I would not worry about it. It gives you more privacy and may help block wind.

We just got off the Fantasy. We had no skin, but we had that mobile cleaning platform parked one balcony down. At first I thought it was going to bother us looking aft. Turned out it was no biggie. Like others said, most don't spend that much time out on the balcony. But of course given a choice .....

HTH

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter