8 weeks pregnant in Disney- ? inside for concierge guests and the safari

DrJones

Earning My Ears
I am planning on going on the safari since we paid for a concierge level just to do it. Should I try to sit near the front, and is the morning safari slower and not as bumpy as the normal ride? Dr said not to do Splash because of the drop but did not say Safari was out. ::MickeyMo

Personally I would avoid the Safari as well. It is very jarring and bumpy. I would not want to take the chance. IMO if it comes to your mind as a possible no no then avoid it.

From the WDW website:
Warning! For safety, you should be in good health and free from high blood pressure, heart, back or neck problems, motion sickness, or other conditions that could be aggravated by this adventure.Expectant mothers should not ride.

I guess you're referring to the safari that you can go on if you stay at AKL? That I haven't done and you might want to post on the resort board to get more info on it. When I was 7 months pregnant I did go on the safari ride at Animal K Park and it was fine, however I had a very healthy pregnancy and I was pretty far along at that point. I would never have risked it in the early stages of pregnancy. If you are traveling as a couple, I say take it easy-do romantic stuff at disney eat at all the great restaurants and skip ANY ride that has precautions. After all, if GF something bad happened, you'd probably never forgive yourself and always wonder if it was because of a certain ride you went on. Just my 2 cents...

:flower:

The three times I've done it, the Sunrise Safari wasn't jarring like the Kilimanjaro Safari ride. You ride in the same vehicles but the pace is much, much slower and the truck stops many times for photo ops. The driver does not do the "chase" or "bridge" scenes like the regular ride and this eliminates the bumpiness. It is more like a guided tour of the animals and savannahs. If you have trouble with smells making you sick when pregnant, you may want to steer clear of the exhaust.

The regular Kilimanjaro Ride is another story- I definitely would not go on that when pg. Like the other person said, it would be horrible if something happened and you forever wondered if your decision to ride a restricted ride was to blame.

Enjoy the AKL concierge. They are the best :flower:

I also haven't been on it but from what I've read it's a 45 minute ride that includes multiple stops so you can stand and take pictures. Honestly it sounds a bit more sedate than the Kilamanjaro Safari ride which has the added excitement of chasing after elephant poachers. They probably will skip this part on the Sunrise Safari Breakfast Adventure. Why don't you call Disney and see if they have any restrictions for expectant moms on this particular ride? I bet it would be fine though. If you're worried about the jarring motion of the vehicle, I would recommend sitting in the front as in my experience on the KSR it is much more bouncy in the back.

hth and have a great trip!

Cheryl

There is a warning for expectant mothers on the regular safari ride. I was there last November while 20 weeks pregnant. I didn't see the warning until after I had waited for 20 minutes! Take that into consideration.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter