• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

8 nights/2 adults-3 kids/budget $800

LeahA

DIS Veteran
DVC FOR BREAKFAST

DVC FOR LIGHT MEAL IF NEEDED

DAY 1-LUNCH-SANAA
DAY 2-LUNCH-LIBERTY TREE TAVERN
DAY 3-LUNCH-YAK AND YETI COUNTER SERVICE
DAY 4-DINNER-50'S PRIMETIME CAFE
DAY 5-DINNER-TUTTO ITALIA
DAY 6-DINNER-KOUZZINA
DAY 7-DINNER-EARL OF SANDWICH
DAY 8-DINNER-POFQ FOOD COURT

I checked menu's, we picked what we would probably eat, added tax and a 20% tip when needed, and I included money per day for a snack for the kids if needed.

The only thing that this doesn't include is alcohol. We might get a drink here or there, but, I cannot see us getting alcohol at every restaurant, also, I'd rather have a drink in my room and save the money!!!

Does your budget include soft drinks, snacks (mickey bars, popcorn, etc), bottled water...for when you're walking around the parks?

Does your budget include soft drinks, snacks (mickey bars, popcorn, etc), bottled water...for when you're walking around the parks?

This is what I was going to ask. It's great if you can stick to what's planned, but we never have. There's just a time when you need to buy that $4 bottled water and a Mickey bar... it wouldn't be a Disney trip without one.

Yes, I have budgeted for a snack per day. I always throw a few bottles of water in my backpack. I know that you can't budget for everything, but, it gives us a rough idea of what we want to spend.

I'd be curious what you are planning on ordering. That seems real low to me as we usually cant get our of any meal for the 4 of us for under 100.00

Any reason you aren't considering a dining plan? Kids are super cheap...It would be about $800 for the QSDP (oodles of snacks/drinks) or about $1000 (plus tips) for DDP. No worries about ordering certain entrees.

K

We have been going to WDW since 1997 and one thing we have definitely learned is that attempting to make a rock solid schedule is nearly impossible, but you almost never stick to it even if you can. My suggestion would be to determine how much money you want to spend on food for the entire trip. Keep in mind that everything costs considerable more money at Disney vs. general shopping. After you have figured out the total amount of money you want to spend on food for the trip divide that amount by the number of days you are staying there. IE 1000 budget divided by 8 days equals $125 per day. Do this so that if you exceed $125 on a given day it just means you can calculate your budget from there for the rest of the trip. It almost always works out that one day you might do a character meal or something that surpasses the $125 but then on other days you will come in below that amount. The bottom line here is your total budget drives how much you spend on food, not a daily amount. It has been our experience that we almost always end up coming in below budget (a good thing). Also, for items like water and snacks I strongly suggest you buy some water, soda, breakfast bars, whatever outside of Disney and keep it in your room. When you go to one of the parks pack some of these items with you to consume over the course of the day. You will be amazed at how much this will save you. For example, a bottle of water anyplace at WDW will cost you $2.50. Other snacks will also run in the same price range. You can purchase more than enough water and snacks that will get you through you entire trip for less than what you may spend on them in a single day at the parks. If you do this it also allows you to allocate more money to the actual meals you eat in the parks or resorts. If you do this, as I said before you will be amazed how much you save and will likely come in below you budget.

Have a great trip.

What kind of tickets do you have? If even one adult has an AP you can buy a Tables In Wonderland card which will give you a 20% discount on food and beverages in almost every WDW table-service restaurant and some quick service locations. And even upgrading one adult to a DVC AP should not be too much money.

Basically, if you normally tip in the 18% range at most locations the TiW card will save you $21.30 per $100 of menu prices; taking into account both gratuity and taxes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter