8-night Magic, Galveston

lovetotraveltx

DIS Veteran
Hi, have sone questions :)

We are me, dh, dd 23 and dd 20.

To clarify, dinner will keep rotating between the 3 mdr's over and over? The first night in each restaurant will be their show?

Does anyone know when pirate night would be?

We've done a 3-night and a 4-night on the wonder and there really isn't a Formal night! I gather it's different for an 8-night? One actual formal night or two? Is there a special meal on formal night.

We are hoping to do Palo once or twice any hints On days to do that?

Hear there is also a brunch and character breakfast?

Lastly, what are must do's on all those sea days?

Thank you for your help! Can't wait :cool1:

Hi, have sone questions :)

We are me, dh, dd 23 and dd 20.

To clarify, dinner will keep rotating between the 3 mdr's over and over? The first night in each restaurant will be their show?
Yes, you should rotate through the 3 MDR unless the 8 nights decide too do something different. On the 7 nights last fall, the show night in Animator's Palate was the second time we were in the restaurant. We'll know each of these better after the first 8 night later in January.

Does anyone know when pirate night would be?
On our April 8 night, it's scheduled for the Castaway Cay day.

We've done a 3-night and a 4-night on the wonder and there really isn't a Formal night! I gather it's different for an 8-night? One actual formal night or two? Is there a special meal on formal night.
Formal night, usually the second of the cruise, features the Prince and Princess theme menu. There is a second semi-formal night later in the week, I'd imagine one of the days after the WDW day

We are hoping to do Palo once or twice any hints On days to do that?
I like doing the brunch, generally I try to do brunch on the first sea day and dinner on the second to last day. Pirate night is a popular night for Palo as many people on these boards consider the pirate menu their least favorite.

Hear there is also a brunch and character breakfast?
Brunch is a Palo reservation and adults only, I highly recommend it.
Character breakfast will be held on the sea days, your assigned day will be printed on the bottom of your dinner tickets.

Lastly, what are must do's on all those sea days?
Art of the Theme Ship Tour, Tea with Alice (or another Disney character), Trivia contests, Iron Chef style contests between the ships' chefs, I'd recommend watching JakJak's Diaper Dash for some laughs, cove cafe, getting sunburnt, watching the sea, tastings of all types, the art of entertainment series (learn to cook an appetizer, entree, and dessert), animation classes, movies, deck parties, lounging, reading, searching for hidden mickeys, crafts, ping pong tournaments, art auctions, pin trading, character meet and greets, Behind the Scenes lectures, massages, towel folding, game shows, discos, talent shows, live music, pedicures, spin class, and yoga...if you like it, likely it's offered at some point

Thank you for your help! Can't wait :cool1:

Answers in blue.
Happy sails!
:boat:

If you want a solid confirmation you can call the DCL and they will tell you what nights each dinner are: Prince and Princess, Pirates, and the Captains Gala.

They do have different meals for the themed nights. Go to the website for magicalkingdoms (it won't let me post the link sorry)
Happy cruising!

-Adrienne

Which sailing are you on??

We sail on January 18th, and our Pirate night is the Wed, a sea day. We also have a formal night on the first full sea day, and our semi formal is on our last full sea day. But it will depend on when you sail.

Enjoy!!!:goodvibes

Medic are you doing the 8-day magic cruise out of Galveston that stops at WDW? I'm on the May 10. Did you call to get the info?

A couple of people called to find out the info. And yes, I am on the 8 night going to WDW:goodvibes Can't WAIT for this cruise!!!

If you call, they will be able to give you the dates of when these nights are. We also got info on what movies are playing during our cruise.

:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter