8 Magical Days of Pre-Christmas - Home safe

Sounds like a great trip, i loved it when I visited and much prefer it to DLRP.

Rob,
So glad you decided to post here. I love Disneyland and am always happy to read the reports of others visiting there. As you know, most UK TRs are of WDW and DLRP trips, so reading your pre-trip report was a treat to me. I'll be watching for the full report upon your return.
Two quick comments--1) It looks like other than your bears you will be traveling alone. I once spent 4 days at Disneyland on my own and though I love doing Disney (-land and World) with family and friends that solo trip was a lot fun in its own unique way. 2) Don't know if I have much to offer you as your plans look quite thorough and I understand that you don't have much time before departure, but if you find a few minutes you might scan my Disneyland TR linked below. It's from a week long trip (Disneyland only that time) in summer of 2008. There might be an idea or two useful to you, particularly restaurants and tours info. Have fun, then come back and tell us all about it.

Rob,
So glad you decided to post here. I love Disneyland and am always happy to read the reports of others visiting there. As you know, most UK TRs are of WDW and DLRP trips, so reading your pre-trip report was a treat to me. I'll be watching for the full report upon your return.
Two quick comments--1) It looks like other than your bears you will be traveling alone. I once spent 4 days at Disneyland on my own and though I love doing Disney (-land and World) with family and friends that solo trip was a lot fun in its own unique way. 2) Don't know if I have much to offer you as your plans look quite thorough and I understand that you don't have much time before departure, but if you find a few minutes you might scan my Disneyland TR linked below. It's from a week long trip (Disneyland only that time) in summer of 2008. There might be an idea or two useful to you, particularly restaurants and tours info. Have fun, then come back and tell us all about it.

I was alone at Disneyland last October as well and it was wonderful, so I'm really looking forward to doing it again. Being on your own has some really nice advantages because you can choose your own schedule and it's much easier to get around when you've not got 3 other people to keep an eye on.

As for your trip report - what I might do is try to save it off and read it on the plane. An 11 hour flight leaves an awful lot of spare time, so it will give me something to do for at least some of that :goodvibes

As for your trip report - what I might do is try to save it off and read it on the plane. An 11 hour flight leaves an awful lot of spare time, so it will give me something to do for at least some of that :goodvibes

I'd be delighted to provide some distraction on your marathon flight. Actually, it might take up a fairly large chunk of the time because I was very enthusiastic (and long-winded) when writing about my adventures. Bon Voyage.

For anybody who wants to read about my adventures in Disneyland last year, my trip report can be found on the DLRP Trip Report board.

Unfortunately, I've messed around with my photos several times since I wrote it (meaning they're no longer visible), but the writing is still there.

Anyway - the DLRP TR board is here - just scroll down to October 2008 and start reading from Evening the Fifth for the Disneyland stuff :goodvibes

Rob,
I've just spent the evening reading your TR from October, 2008. I've left my comments on the DLRP TR board, but wanted to thank you here. I hope others who might have missed your report see your link and read it now. Even if a reader has never been to Disneyland--and perhaps especially if they haven't--I'll bet they'd enjoy your entertaining and informative TR. No matter which Disney place is a particular favorite, there is nothing like the original, the Mother park. Have a good time. I especially want details of the California Adventure re-do. I'm wondering if the sagging economy has slowed down the work. After all, a billion and a half dollars represents a lot of gate admissions!

ok - so I woke up at 6am this morning, to be told for the second time that there are no exit rows on the plane (I was told the same for my outbound flight but on that occasion they were fortunately wrong).

So - I've had to compromise and take a seat with some space out towards the window (one of the rows of two at the very back). On the plus side, it means I've saved myself £30 :goodvibes

Sounds like you will have an awesome trip Rob:goodvibes

Have a fantastic time Rob :goodvibes - cant wait to hear all about it and see your pics.
Enjoy your swim with the whales (but I still think dolphins are nicer :rolleyes1)

:hug:

Well - ive made it safely to the airport, but the view leaves something to be desired...

Its just a "little" foggy - I can make out the tail of the plane parked not far from me but that's about it.

Luckily it doesn't seem to be affecting the flights :)

Ok - so after basically 18 hours of travelling, I've finally made it :thumbsup2

Not sure how much I'll be updating this while I'm out here, but I'll probably be popping on here every so often to add some notes as I go :goodvibes

Flight was nice and smooth with only the slightest patch of turbulence.

Suitable impressed by Terminal 5 at Heathrow - by far the nicest terminal at Heathrow and very quick to get through as well.

Right - off to the parks now :yay:

Have enough fun for the rest of us.

Trust me - I will ;)

Had a good first evening - managed to get on most of my favourites without having to queue for more than about 15 minutes per ride.

I was surprised to see them stop Fantasmic right in the middle of a performance though - it started raining part way through the opening scene and that was that. Luckily I got to see the 9pm showing - very impressive and it bodes well for world of colour when that opens next year :thumbsup2

Off to bed now - I'm exhausted having not actually had a proper sleep in about 26 hours (I caught a few hours on the plane but not that much). Goodnight all :grouphug:

Glad you've arrived safely Rob- I just missed you on here last night and this morning.
18 hrs travelling then straight into the parks - well done. Im not sure I could do that - but there again the Disney magic takes over and somehow the energy appears. After all who needs sleep.

Have a good sleep then another great day :goodvibes

Have a great trip
looking forward to enjoying it along with you
when either you get time

I had a really great day at Sea World today - I wasn't sure whether to go or not when I booked the trip and in fact I originally left Sea World out of my plans - it was only later that I added an extra day to my trip (yesterday) to make room for it.

However - I'm really glad I did, because I thoroughly enjoyed the day there. I enjoyed pretty much everything there, but I think the highlight of the day has to be...

So pleased you are having a good time. Beluga whales always look they are smiling.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter