8 dollar for a gallon of milk

We go through 1/2 gallon of milk a month in our house - if that (we sometimes end up throwing some out because it goes bad...as in chunky gross bad). We just do not feel that milk is a necessity (because, frankly, it isn't). I think people would be either willing to pay it, or willing to give it up if it hits that high of a price.

I can't imagine it will suddenly be $8 a gallon for mainland US. A few years ago I remember a long thread here about someone who was just certain that gas was going to be $8 a gallon in the next month, her BIL told her so! :rotfl:

You need to look at the bigger picture.
1. School lunches will have to go up.
2. All dairy will go up -if you use milk to make it -- ice cream, butter,cheese, etc.

When the price of gas started to increase, folks found ways to not consume as much (running all errands in one day, car pooling, etc). And gas is something we need in our everyday lives. If milk prices increase, I'm sure many will reduce their consumption of milk.

This. No one needs milk. It's not a necessary product, it's a desired one.

UGH. :worried: My family loves milk. We go through about 2-3 gallons a week!! And we can barely buy it at that rate as it is at 3.59 a gallon!!! I really hope it doesn't get that high.... :(

It's a farm bill that expired a few months ago, that our Congress needs to fix and repair and patch. If they don't, it reverts back to an archaic law that automatically bumps up the prices (sorry, I can't remember the reasoning) It's not just milk, but everything will go up.

Do I think it'll happen? ... ehhh. I'm on the fence. No offense, and I'm not starting a political debate at all, but it doesn't seem like there's a major fire under anyone's bum for passing certain bills.

We have a saying around my workplace: Don't bleed 'til you've been shot.
The media reports MANY gloom and doom scenarios, and they like nothing better than getting people riled up -- whether for good reason or not.

This milk thing may or may not happen, but since we cannot do a thing about it (except perhaps be a little smarter about the people whom we vote into office to make these decisions for us), it's not worth being upset about it.

We go through 1/2 gallon of milk a month in our house - if that (we sometimes end up throwing some out because it goes bad...as in chunky gross bad). We just do not feel that milk is a necessity (because, frankly, it isn't). I think people would be either willing to pay it, or willing to give it up if it hits that high of a price.

This. No one needs milk. It's not a necessary product, it's a desired one.

Not just milk...think of all things made with milk. Like the PP said, butter, ice cream, cheese, heavy cream, yogurt...all that will go up. But that is not all that will be affected, there was a study years ago that study prices and sales. When price of milk went up, sales of milk AND ceral went down. It cost too much for people to eat cold ceral in the morning a staple for many people. And the reverse is true.

We may not need milk/dairy but IF this prices goes up like this we will feel the affect in alot of areas of our lives.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter