• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

8 dollar for a gallon of milk

Haven't been following it close, but I think if some bill passes then the cost to the dairy farmers will go up, thus milk prices go up.

I saw this last night on the news and freaked out. We have one grocery store in town, so it is already at a premium. I pay 4.59 a gallon here, but 30 miles away it is 3.22.

We might be drinking less of it in the near future if it goes that high.

South Central Florida it is $3.52 now, if it goes over $4 I will start drinking protein shakes again and not use milk at all other than powdered.

$8/gallon is the regular price for milk here. It goes on sale for $5 - $5.50/gallon. People learn to adjust their budgets accordingly if they want it.

I don't believe the hype. They kept telling us gas would hit $3.00 a gallon. Ya right, like that would ever happen.

:rotfl2:

Already $8 gallon here. Thankfully, can almost always find close to expiration date at 50% off:thumbsup2

I think the about poster meant that to be funny, gas is all over $3 a gallon everywhere.

I think the poster meant gas would go DOWN to $3/gallon again. It did for a hot minute here in Central VA about 2 weeks ago. Was down to $2.99/gallon for a day. It's back up again.

Gas has been sitting steady here for about 3.03 a gallon for the last month or so.

Milk is $3.79 here in WI in the generic grocery store brand and $2.99 at Sam's Club. For any of the name brands (Kemps, Golden Gurnsey, etc) it is well over $4. Guess I will be putting my Sam's Club membership more to use!

$8/gallon is the regular price for milk here. It goes on sale for $5 - $5.50/gallon. People learn to adjust their budgets accordingly if they want it.

I was just about to say we paid $8 a gallon 20 years ago when we lived on Oahu. DH and I were wondering the other day how much milk was now.
Is the $8 mainland milk or island milk?

We paid the $8 for mainland milk.

I paid over $8.00/gallon when I lived in Alaska. However, I'm not thrilled to have to pay that price ever again!

I was just about to say we paid $8 a gallon 20 years ago when we lived on Oahu. DH and I were wondering the other day how much milk was now.
Is the $8 mainland milk or island milk?

We paid the $8 for mainland milk.

$8/gallon is for mainland milk. It goes on sale for $5 on a regular basis. If you want local milk it is always $8, never goes on sale ... and according to some friends of mine you can't use WIC/EBT on it because local milk is considered a luxury item. :confused3
I'm okay with the mainland stuff either way though I do wish Costco would carry 1% (they do 2%/nonfat/whole, but I prefer the taste of 1%).

Looks like we're going to have to start milking the cats.

When the price of gas started to increase, folks found ways to not consume as much (running all errands in one day, car pooling, etc). And gas is something we need in our everyday lives. If milk prices increase, I'm sure many will reduce their consumption of milk.

I live in the Madison, WI area and generic milk is $3.09 (on sale for $2.69). I don't ever buy name brand. My brother-in-law is dairy farmer in the Neosho, WI area and he said don't bother with name brand. Anyways, we have our family Christmas with him next Saturday so I am going to get his opinion on this. Dairy farming is and always has been his lively hood.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter