8 days of Dlx Dining means 20 ADRs and lots of food *New 4/21 Tutto Italia

:thumbsup2 Great report- I am just now signing on and can't wait to hear the rest!

We will be doing Teppan Edo's first time in April along w/ Chef Mickey & ... Narcoossee's?... not sure now- I have been looking forward to it and even came upon a dilemma tonight that had me trying to rearrange things so we could still fit it in- Now I wonder should I do as DH suggested- we can always try it in July...
Can't wait to hear the rest- The kids look great and seem so happy even when tired out- Glad you started to feel better...
Let's Eat!

Thanks for reading. TE and CM are both are favorites. I have read both really good and really poor reviews of Narcoossees, I was glad that we tried it since we were on the Deluxe dining, if we were paying OP then we would have been upset. We thought Calf. Grill was so much better for signature dining.

bday8.jpg

okay this is going to sound really weird but the person in this picture looks just like my 11th grade english teacher. I went to school in NY If this is your sister where in NY does she teach?

and to make this relevant, im loving your dining reviews!

:rolleyes1

all done????

I will try to finish this up despite the fact I lost my receipts. :headache:

okay this is going to sound really weird but the person in this picture looks just like my 11th grade english teacher. I went to school in NY If this is your sister where in NY does she teach?

and to make this relevant, im loving your dining reviews!

Hi Nicole,

She is actually my SIL and she does teach english at Lakeland High in NY. How strange would that be?

Thanks for the comment, I will try to finish up soon.

Thanks, I will try to get the rest done without the receipts.

Good News! I was cleaning some stuff over the weekend and found the rest of the receipts so I can finish the dining report this week. :banana:

Ok, now that I finally found our receipts, I will finish up.

For Mark's bday dinner, he wanted to go to WCC so we took the bus from POP to MK then bus to WL:

wld1.jpg

wld2.jpg

wld11.jpg

wld3.jpg

wld4.jpg

wld7.jpg

wld8.jpg

wld9.jpg

wld6.jpg

wld12.jpg

wld10.jpg

While we were waiting for our ADR, we took advantage of the photopass photograher in front of tree.

bp1.jpg

bp5.jpg

bp6.jpg

bp2.jpg

bp3.jpg

bp4.jpg

Then it was finally time for
wld5.jpg

We were able to get a round table in the middle section of the floor in the area away from the main entrance. Our CM was KateCoyote and she was a Hoot. :cool1: We told her it was Mark's bday and she informed us that they were no longer able to embarass guests in front of the dining room but would do something special. I also let her know in private that we had a Wishes cruise at 7pm so we weren't rushing but had to move it along. She was with the program and got us our drinks and apps really quickly.

We had:

Sarah: Kid's pasta with butter (surprised aren't you :rotfl:)
Fries
Fruit Salad (not her favorite)
Cookie for dessert

Mark: Western Chips and Dip - Homemade Corn Torilla Chips with a bowl of freshly made salsa and queso dip
Roast Chicken - mashed potatoes and seasonal vegetables
Strawberry Orange Smoothie

Dave: Grilled Rib Eye - with mashed potatoes and season vegetables
Western Chips too

Me: Canyon Skillet-All You Care To Enjoy

Mixed greens with apple vinaigrette dressing, fresh baked cornbread with mashed potatoes,
coleslaw, cowboy beans and seasonal vegetables.
Smoked pork ribs, pulled pork, oven-roasted chicken, and smoked brisket

We skipped desserts since we knew that we were having cake later. But Kate brought out a piece of cake with candle for Mark and the area tables sang "HB to him" .

Everyone enjoyed their meals, I thought there was way too much much food in the skillet and even though it was good would probably try something different next time. WCC remains one of our favorites but I would like to try the breakfast next time that the guys did earlier in the trip.

They did have the horse races while we were there but the kids didn't partake.

Final cost was $138.01 including tax with $19.95 tip OOP but we used 4TS and left extra $20 for Kate for her great service.

Now on to the important ratings:

Food: :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2
Service: :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2
Atmosphere: :thumbsup2:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2
Value: :thumbsup2:thumbsup2 1/2

Next since we ate, Wishes Cruise....

So we kind of rushed to finish since I had to get to the boat launch and meet up with the Cm by 7pm. The others wanted to take some more pics in the lobby so I gave Dave the property map and explained how to get to the boat. He didn't know the surprise I had planned and was arguing that the path I showed him didn't go to the launch to MK. "Tonight it does, please just meet me there by 7:30pm." So off I ran to meet up with the boat captain and actually ended up following the CM with the cart with our cake, tea, coffee, etc to the boat. I met up with our CM Bill, settled the bill and then the rest of the gang arrived. We had a 10 person pontoon boat for the Celebration Cruise. It took a minute for everyone to realize that it was Mark's special surprise for the night. Bill loaded all the goodies onto the boat, got Sarah a life jacket and we were on our way.

fc3.jpg
fc5.jpg
fc4.jpg

Bill took us around the lake with WL and Fort Wilderness. He explained a lot about the area and where they usually see alligators :scared1: As you can see from the pics, it was chilly out there and we were wrapped up in the blankets. We continued over the water bridge, past the contemporary and new DVC and then to the Poly. They are so beautiful at night.

fc7.jpg
fc6.jpg

Then about 7:55pm, Bill pulls the boat up into position in front of MK on 7 Seas Lagoon and says that we better have cake now since the fireworks will be starting shortly. Everyone looks at me and says "Fireworks, we get to watch the fireworks from here!!" SCORE a big one for mom. So we dig into the cake:
fc.jpg

and coffee, hot chocolate, tea and wait for the magic to start.

Everything was very good and the cake was delicious. We brought the rest back to the hotel but never had a chance to eat it the rest of the week.

The cost for the cake and hot drinks were about $80 and the cruise was $250 with Banner and balloons and audio of wishes. Alot of money but worth every penny in my opinion. :love:

Here are the pics of Wishes from the boat:

fc9.jpg

fc8.jpg

fc10.jpg

fc11.jpg

fc12.jpg

fc13.jpg

fc14.jpg

Pop Century CS Breakfast: Since today was our day to spend out of the park since we were going to MVMCP tonight, we decided to eat at POP for breakfast before heading to DTD for Sarah's BBB appt.

Pop Century Food Court: We stayed at Pop in 2006 and one of our favorite breakfast were the kids waffle package at POP. So this time we got:

Sarah and I got the Kids Mickey Waffle platter: Mickey Waffles with bacon and applesauce and OJ

Mark got: French Toast Platter $5.19 and OJ

Dave got: Adult Breakfast Platter - scrambled eggs, potatoes, biscuit, sausage, and bacon $6.29 and OJ

We all have the refillable mugs with Deluxe so drinks were included. Everything was very good and hot. The lines were slow because the food court was busy but we were still in and out in about 30 minutes. One thing to remember if you are on the Dining Plan, that you get entree and beverage at breakfast so don't forget your OJ or bottled water.

Total for breakfast: $30.10 with tax. Not a good use of TS credit but we still really enjoyed it.
ratings:

Food: :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2
Service: :thumbsup2 1/2
Atmosphere: :thumbsup2:thumbsup2
Value: :thumbsup2 1/2 (if on deluxe)

Up next Wolfgang Puck Express

Just finsing your review...the Wishes cruise looked like so much fun, I can't believe you were able to keep it a suprise! I would have never been able to keep all the secret suprises you have!! :rotfl2: Can't wait to hear about WPE, I am going to have to try it on our upcoming trip, everyone has such good things to say about it!

Can't wait to hear what you thought about WPE!!! :thumbsup2

Coming right up!

Just finsing your review...the Wishes cruise looked like so much fun, I can't believe you were able to keep it a suprise! I would have never been able to keep all the secret suprises you have!! :rotfl2: Can't wait to hear about WPE, I am going to have to try it on our upcoming trip, everyone has such good things to say about it!

WPE coming right up! I was able to plan surprise 30th bday trip for DH to Las Vegas with 2 other couples and kept it a secret until we got to the airport and handed him the tickets. I am an events planner and love surprising my family.

Great Reviews Thanks!!:thumbsup2

thanks for reading!

After spending the morning in DTD and at BBB, and my mom was at her Yultide tour we met up for lunch at WPE. There were hardly anyone in the restuarant when we arrived and we were able to get nice table inside. DH and kids went to the table while I ordered. We had:

Me: Italian Sausage and Roasted Red Pepper - with spinach and garlic-basil pesto sauce fresh thyme and chili flakes, iced tea, brownie

MarK: Meatball and Parmesan - Niman Ranch meatballs, fresh basil pesto, mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses, tomato-basil garlic sauce and fresh basil, milk, Frozen Yogurt with one Topping

Dave: Chicken Caesar - Roasted all-natural chicken breast marinated in Wolfgang's signature seasoning, tossed with crisp romaine, dressed with Caesar, house-made croutons and Grana Padano Parmesan , soda, brownie

Sarah: Kid's Crispy Chicken Fingers with French Fries, milk, cookie

After we placed our order, we were given our drink cups and milk plus a number on a stand and told that they would bring out our food when it was ready. It took about 10 minutes for the pizzas so the kids were getting anxious but once they came all was good. We realized that we should have shared one pizza for 2 people, they are that big, probably the size of a medium pizza and all the toppings were extremely fresh. Dave said the salad was good too but since he wasn't feeling well he didn't eat much. Sarah's chicken strips was huge as well, enough for 2 kids. We actually saved one of the brownies and cookie for later since they were so big.

If you are on the regular DP, this is probably one of the best values for CS credits especially since you can share many of the items. Even on deluxe, if you share items, it would be good value.

We really enjoyed the meal and would definitely go back again. One odd thing, there are CMs servicing the tables at WPE that bring your food, get items you might need but not refilling drinks, etc. The question: To tip or not? We did.

Total cost: $69.33 but we used 4TS credits.

Food: :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 1/2
Service: :thumbsup2:thumbsup2 1/2
Atmosphere: :thumbsup2:thumbsup2
Value: :thumbsup2:thumbsup2 1/2 (if on dining)

Up next, did we make it to Kona for dinner????

When we left off, the kids were going to the pool at POP and Dave was sleeping since he was suffering from a cold. While we were at the pool, MIL/FIL returned from HS where they had lunch at Brown Derby with Susie and said that it was very good but they were full and probably didn't want to go to Kona for dinner. So we agreed to grab some CS at MVMCP instead. For those thinking about doing this, DON'T!!!! We arrived at MVMCP to see the castle light and then after the lighting, the kids were saying that they were hungry so we decided to try to find something quick so we could make it to Mickey's Twas the night before Christmas Show. Well, trying to find something to eat was a challenge, I knew from Dis :love: that many of the CS and Ts places were closed during the MVMCP so we decided to try the Main St bakery but all they had were cookies, etc. so then I suggested Casey's but that didn't seem to thrill the group. Ok, how about Plaza, sorry closed. :headache: So we look at the map and see that Cosmic Ray's is near where we have to go for the show so off we go. We had never eaten here before so we weren't sure where it was or the selection and finally make it there and realize that we have to split up to get meals since some want burgers, other chicken. Also, the sandwich selection was closed since they were setting up for the free cookies/drinks for MVMCP. We finally got our food and headed to the lower level where there were hardly anyone. The food was ok but nothing special. While we were eating, the MVMCP Goofy's dance party started in area we were sitting, it was alot of fun but REALLY loud.

mvm22.jpg

Sarah refused to go up front and dance but would at the table. By the time we left, the place was packed.

Dave and Mark got 1/4 pound Cheeseburger with fries and drink Brownie and
Triple Chocolate Cake
Sarah got Kids Chicken Nuggets and fries and milk and chocolate chip cookies
I got Grilled Chicken Sandwich served with french fries and brownie

Everyone liked their food except me, I thought the chicken was too spicy. We are not big fans of CS but this one was not that great.

Total cost:

$45.15 with tax but we used 4 TS credits.

Food: :thumbsup2:thumbsup2
Service: :thumbsup 2 1/2
Atmosphere: :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 Thanks to dance party
Value: :thumbsup 2 1/2 (if on dining)

The next morning we had an ADR for Ohana character breakfast but we decided that since we were up until midnight that we would let the kids sleep in so we had Pop breakfast again which was very similar to todays so I will skip to Tutto Italia . . . .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter