8 Days of Disney Dining Starting with a little MOLD! (Day 6 posted 6/11/07)

Enjoying the reviews thanks!!:thumbsup2
Thanks for the update - shame you didn't enjoy Chef Mickeys. So, ordinarily, is it a sandwich, pastry and drink you can get for 1 CS credit at main street bakery?

We love CHH too - it's our favourite CS at MK :thumbsup2

We had 2 pastries and a drink for 1 CS credit at Main Streed Bakery in December. It was lurvly!!:love:

Day 6
Hollywood and Vine (Play and Dine Lunch) we had the earliest lunch time available which I think was 11:45. We had a table that was right in front of where they sing and dance which was okay for my toddler but a little busy place to sit with everyone constantly standing by your table. Also we had to ask for the characters to come to our table because they would often skip us thinking they had already been there (I guess).

Since we had the first lunch reservation they still had one line of breakfast foods and the other line of lunch foods. This was nice so we had a little brunch!! The breakfast side had all the standard breakfast fare…eggs, bacon, sausage, mickey waffles, fruit, pastries, yogurt etc… The lunch side had flank steak with peppers and onions that was very good other side items, pasta dishes, salads, make your sandwich meats etc… There was a really great assortment of foods so I think that everyone would find something the liked.

The dessert choices weren’t as great here as they are at crystal palace and honestly I can’t really remember what they had. Maybe we were too full to really enjoy dessert after we ate lunch and breakfast in one meal! 

The food was pretty good here but the characters are not as great as some other character meals so unless my children just really wanted to go here again…we will probably skip it next time.

Dinner was at the Kona Café. We had never ate here before and I was really looking forward to trying a new place after all the rave reviews.
For appetizers I had the crab cakes and these were really good but I liked the ones at Captn Jacks better. I didn’t really care for the Asian Tartar sauce but I am not a mayo fan. DH had the sticky wings and he loved them so did ds1. DS got the chicken noodle soup and this was really good soup!! We shared what part he didn’t eat since he preferred the sticky wings!! They also brought out Hawaiian bread with honey butter and we all enjoyed that!!

DH and I both had the Beef Teriyaki - 10 ounce sirloin strip, grilled with pineapple teriyaki sauce, mashed Yukon gold potatoes, and stir-fried broccoli florets and we both loved it!! The pineapple teriyaki sauce on the steak was delicious and it was very moist. When we were leaving the people beside us ordered the prime rib and dh had missed it on the menu and he wished he would have ordered that instead. DS had the hot dog and this was a very disappointing meal for kids as it was just a hot dog with no sides. I asked the waiter and he said if you got the appetizer than you don’t get a side item with the kids meal. I think it should at least come with some fruit or fries. DS ate it and said it was very good. He also shared some of our steak and sides.

For dessert dh ordered the Kiddie Cone because you can’t get this on the kids menu even though looks like a kids dessert so he could share with ds1. It is a large waffle cone with ices cream and toppings surrounded by cotton candy and candy pieces. It was way more than the two of them could eat. DS got the make your own sundae with his meal and we gave it to ds2. I ordered the Chocolate Macadamia Nut Tart and if you really like macadamia nuts this dessert is wonderful. It is very rich and sweet though and quite a lot of dessert. I could only eat about half but I really enjoyed it. The filling of the pie almost tasted like pecan pie except with macadamia nuts.
This was a great meal and we will definitely eat here on our next trip!! This was one place that I think their kids meals are lacking but we can always share and he was happy with what he got.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter