8 Days at Disney World

tampafan

Mouseketeer
My wife, son(5), daughter(2), father (from NC), sister (from NC), and myself arrived at Port Orleans Riverside from opposite directions of I4 on Sat 6/23. We checked in and went to lunch at McDonald's at Downtown Disney to wait for our rooms to be cleaned. After we got to our room we swam in the quiet pool , ate dinner at Boatrights, and took the boat trip to Downtown Disney Sat. night. Sunday we went to MGM in the am. We ate breakfast at the commissary, watched the Bear in the Blue house show, rode the Tower of Terror (me, son, and sister), the Great Movie Ride (my father and my son), rode the Rock-n-Roller Coaster (me and sister), and then returned to the resort for more swimming and napping. That evening we went to EPCOT where we had a ps for the Tepanyaki Dining Room and had a wonderful dinner. We watched Tapestry of Nations and then Illuminations. Monday am we went to Park Fare at the Grand Floridian for a character breakfast. My daughter loved it. We then took my son for his Pirate Cruise. While he cruised my father and I nabbed a beach cabana while my wife, daughter, and sister enjoyed the shops in the resort. My wife found a "Perfect" new bag. If only I had a $ for every "Perfect" new bag we had in our closet. My son loved the pirate cruise. We returned to the resort for a couple of hours at Ol' Man Island and then the quiet pool before my wife and I went out on our own (a rare treat) for dinner in Mexico. It was wonderful. We arrived at Epcot in time to take a ride on Spaceship Earth. We turned in our PS and were handed a pager. We jumped on El Rio del Tiempo, and just as the ride ended our pager went off. Dinner was fantastic. After dinner we took the monorail to MK to meet my father, sister, and children. My father, wife, and daughter caught a little of the 1st Spectro Magic parade while walking to the bus, while my sister, son, and I went off to ride Buzz's Spin. After taking a spin we rode the Haunted Mansion, and then Big Thunder Mountain. I would like to point out here that we did not fast pass BTM. By doing so we realized that we would have to wait. The standby time was 45 minutes. We actually waited 35 minutes. I did not find this to be unreasonable at all. I was amazed at the number of grumbling people jumping out of line, griping, etc. Anyway, we rode BTM during the fireworks and then caught the 2nd Spectromagic and then the bus home. Again, much complaining in the bus line - granted it was late and the line was VERY long, but what do you expect. My son slept in my lap as I sat waiting on the bus. Tuesday am we got up late and enjoyed breakfast at Boatrights. My sister, son, and I went to Typhoon Lagoon for the day. It was a lot of fun. My wife, father, and daughter stayed around the resort, riding Surry bikes and resting. My wife thought my daughter seemed tired, but that was to be expected as off schedule as she was. When we returned from Typhoon Lagoon late in the afternoon, my daughter was in a foul humor - soon we found out why. She started running a fever and we could tell she was getting worse . I got up at 5 am and drove home to our pediatrician who saw her at 7am. She had a case of tonsilitis. Our Dr. gave her a shot of antibiotic and we returned to our house for the am and a nap. My wife, son, father, and sister went to the MK while we were in Tampa. I returned to Riverside later in the afternoon. My wife stayed at the resort with my daughter while the rest of us went to dinner at Akershus in Norway. By the next morning the anitbiotic was working well, and all the fever was gone and has not returned (Hooooray!!!!). We all went to the suprise am at the MK where we ate a lite breakfast at Casey's. By 11:30 we had ridden or watched the Golden Caurosel, Dumbo, Pooh, Small World, the Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain, the Magic Carpets of Alladin, the Tiki Room, the Country Bear Jamboree, the Hall of the Presidents, and Space Mountain. We returned to the resort for lunch, surry bikes, and naps. After our naps we went to MGM and rode Star Tours, then we went to dinner at the Brown Derby at MGM for our Fantasmic Dinner Package - the show was just as fantastic as we remembered. Friday am my sister, son, and I went to EPCOT 1st thing to ride Test Track, then took the Friendship Launch to MGM to meet my wife, daughter, and father. We ate breakfast at the commissary while we waited, then we watched Beauty and the Beast, then took the Voyage of the Little Mermaid, greeted several characters on Hollywood Blvd., and drank Frozen Cokes. The afternoon was spent resting at the resort and pedel boating around the Sassagoula River. Dinner at Boatrights was perfect! After dinner my wife and father took my son swimming while my sister, daughter, and I went to Downtown Disney to pick up dessert for the family (Ghiradeli's and fudge from the Disney candy store). We stayed up late visiting with my father and sister. We got up this morning to see my father and sister off, packed, and then had breakfast at the big McDonald's near the All Stars before heading back to Tampa.

What a great week!!!!!!!

:cool: :D :) :cool: :D :) :cool: :D :) :cool: :D :) :cool: :D :) :cool:

It sounds like you had a pretty good trip. Too bad about your daughter, but I'm glad she's feeling better. Thanks for sharing!

What a wonderful vacation.. Your family certainly got a lot of rides and activities in... Glad your daughter was feeling better within a day.. Tonsilitis is not any fun especially on vacation.. Great report..

daughter was able to continue with your vacation.........nice to be close to home......

What a great vacation you had...that is excellent that you could take your daughter to her pediatrician and come back!! :) Glad she is better!!

Thanks for posting! :)

It sounds like you had a nice trip.
I know what you mean by people griping & complaining. I'm not sure what some people expect. At WDW, the lines will be long, & the weather is usually hot. If you go to WDW looking to have everything perfect, you will be in for a shock! If everyone would just relax, and enjoy the sights & sounds of Disney World, it would save a lot of stress & frustration.

New to this forum but glad I found a site with Disney people. Last visit we stayed at Coronado Springs, really great resort and the Pepper Market is the greatest thing since sliced bread.
People complain about lines and waits and all but when I'm down there it doesn't really matter if things don't work out or the crowds thick, just being in the Magic brings a smile to my face. I'm told by my family that I'm a different person at WDW than at home, blame me, its the greatest place on earth.
Enough of that, back to the trip. Went down this time by Amtrak, loved it. Have been to WDW 22 times and have gone on every way possible, hate flying, hate driving but the choo choo is best. Got off at Kissimmee and we were the only ones thewre, cab fare is cheaper cause its closer that Orlando and returning home we boarded before the traffic jam at Orlando and sat where we wanted.
All in all each trip gets better and better, planning on going back this December for 2 weeks, daughter is interning there on the college program from OSU from Sept-Jan and we can't past up the deal and discount. Plus to see her working there will be great. When in high school both my kids went down to march in the Electricial Parade with the band and now to have her work there, greatest and she is excited. I'll post more through the months and after we return in January.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter