8 Days! 2 Resorts! Friends joined us..lots of fun! updated 8/6! *COMPLETE*!!!

another great day you guys had besides some closed rides...

my oldest DD loves the hula hoops at MK have never seen the jump rope...so cool on the card.

I was just talking to my DH earlier today after I bought our AP's and your TR about how you guys would like just hop, hop and hop and still have a ton of fun...how it really added to your experience...:thumbsup2

looking forward to the end of your TR...

another great day you guys had besides some closed rides...

my oldest DD loves the hula hoops at MK have never seen the jump rope...so cool on the card.

I was just talking to my DH earlier today after I bought our AP's and your TR about how you guys would like just hop, hop and hop and still have a ton of fun...how it really added to your experience...:thumbsup2

looking forward to the end of your TR...

Thanks Mousescrappper!!!! I'm looking forward to the end of it too, that is if I ever get around to doing it! :laughing:

You have APs? Then hop, hop, hop..it's fun to hop!

Hi there! Great TR so far! Where did you get that paw print brownie and zebra cupcake? Those look delish!!

Hi there! Great TR so far! Where did you get that paw print brownie and zebra cupcake? Those look delish!!

They were soooooo gooood! Somewhere on the disney food blog they did a write up about them. I don't know the name of the stand/shop where we got them, but it was very close to Kilimanjaro Safari I think. So yummy!!!

Thanks for reading my TR! :thumbsup2

I finally have some time work on day 8!:cool1:

Day 8 started on the early side yet again. We got the place packed up and cleaned up pretty quickly which was awesome. We wound up throwing away a lot of the garden grocer stuff. We ordered way too much..lesson learned. I gave Michelle a ring to see if she was all packed and she said yes. I met her in the lobby to get coffee and check our bags at the resort airline check in desk. There was nobody in line and I had boarding passes in hand in a matter of minutes! Michelle's kids wanted to spend one last day at the pool so they decided not to go with us.

We decided to spend our last day at Epcot. We missed most of the world showcase earlier in the week and of course we wanted to ride test track and soarin' again!

The day was so bright and beautiful. It was great! We arrived at the park not too long after rope drop and it wasn't crowded at all. :woohoo:

We got some test track fastpasses and headed to Universe of Energy. My kids really enjoy this attraction and think Ellen is funny. It's always a nice break from the heat too!

Here's Ashley waiting for Phil to come with the TT fastpasses

After UOE we went and used our TT fastpasses. There was some sort of glitch with the ride and it was shut down for a short time, but they didn't make us get out of line which was nice. Phil snapped some pictures while we waited.

We only had to wait about 15 minutes which wasn't too bad at all. The ride was great!! When we rode it earlier in the week it felt like they were rushing the cars and we were too close to the car in front of us and the ride seemed out of sync. This time the ride was PERFECT!!!

After TT we started walking to the World Showcase. The day was so incredibly beautiful. The pictures just don't do it justice!

Outside of Mexico I grabbed a strawberry margarita and Phil got a beer. We went into the pavilion to cool off and sat off to the side to finish our drinks. Lauren looked at the mexican crafts while she waited. I just love the Mexico pavilion. We think the updated ride is so cute and I can't wait to take the baby on it in March!

The construction was going strong on the cantina, but the mariachi's made the most of the wall!

After Mexico we visited Norway and rode Maelstrom. There was no line at all and the film after the ride was closed. The kids enjoyed looking around the Norway gift shop. My kids are true shopaholics!

After Norway everyone was getting hungry so we decided to have lunch in China! We had never eaten at Lotus Blossom Cafe before. Lauren wasn't happy about it. She HATES chinese food. She decided to play with the monkey things outside of the cafe while we ate.

Lunch was pretty good! I had the Beef Noodle Soup Bowl. It was very filling and tasty! None of us liked the desserts though. Yuck.

Lauren wanted to get her lunch at The Liberty Inn and we said ok. On our way to the American Adventure we took our time walking and enjoyed the beautiful day!

In Germany Ashley got to see Snow White! There was only 2 people in line to see her! :lovestruc

Lauren got her lunch and just as she was finishing eating the colonial band came through and it was so cool! We were keeping our eye on the clock though since DME was coming at 5 pm. The kids wanted to meet up with Michelle's kids at the pool so we skipped going to Soarin'. We rode Spaceship Earth one last time and said goodbye to Epcot. Here we are on our way out of the park. I hate leaving Walt Disney World!

In the morning I put everyone's bathing suits in our carry ons so we could swim before we left. We got back to Kidani and stopped at Bell Services. They were super nice and took me back to the storage room and I fetched our suits. We got changed in the lobby bathrooms and made our way to the pool. Michelle was surprised to see us! It was only 3 pm and we had 2 hours to relax!!! It was perfect swimming weather!

As it was getting closer to 4:30 we had the kids start drying off and getting changed. Before we knew it the DME bus was there. There was some confusion since we didn't realize we needed the paper they hung our door to board the bus. After some digging around Michelle located hers and I found mine. Sadly, we were off to the airport. We always book the 8:20 pm airtan flight to Philly. We like that it gives us a pretty long last day in WDW. We arrived at MCO and checked the board. WHAT? OH NOOOOOOOO DELAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! Oh brother, we were in for a long night. The airport in Atlanta had to close due to storms and our flight crew was grounded there. Our plane and pilots were at MCO with us, but the flight attendants were in Atlanta!!! The airline was very apologetic and surprisingly the philly crowd was very understanding! :laughing: They were giving a possible departure time of 11:20, but there was no guarantee.

We stopped at the airport food court and bought dinner. We sat there for a while and went back to our gate. The kids made the best of it by playing with their WDW toys! Here's the toys watching for our flight crew!

Airtran was nice and gave everyone food vouchers for in the airport. Phil took the kids and got them some treats. Airtran also gave us $25 vouchers for future travel. At about 10:00 there was an announcement. A flight was coming in from Denver and we were going to get their crew! WOOO HOOOO!!! The place erupted with happiness!!! They said the poor crew had no idea they were coming on our flight so I expected some miserable people. NOPE! The flight crew was three of the nicest men ever!!! The flight home passed rather quickly. I love that airtran has sirius radio so I plugged in my earphones and relaxed!

Overall the trip was a total success! It was the longest 8 days of my life which was awesome!! It felt like we were in Disney World for 2 weeks!! The highlights for me were....staying at BLT, seeing my brother, hanging out with my BFF and enjoying a wonderful time with my family!!!

THE END!

i enjoyed reading your TR! :)

you have a beautiful family! sorry to hear about the flight delay home... i woud have been sitting there saying... I could still be in disney world if i knwe about this!! LOL

thanks for sharing!!

i enjoyed reading your TR! :)

you have a beautiful family! sorry to hear about the flight delay home... i woud have been sitting there saying... I could still be in disney world if i knwe about this!! LOL

thanks for sharing!!

Thanks!

That's exactly what I was thinking! I would have stayed at Epcot for a few more hours! For the most part they weren't even sure if we would get to fly out that night! I was texting my brother telling him I might need him to to pick us up and let us stay at his house for the night! Luckily, it all worked out! :banana:

The worst part about the flight delay is the fact we were delayed for the same exact flight last year! When I booked the 8:30 flight my husband even said something about hoping we wouldn't get delayed again...and we did! In 2009 it was storming in Philadelphia so we couldn't leave Orlando. We made the best of it and had a long dinner at the Outback Steakhouse in MCO!

your hubby totally jinxed you by saying that!!! lol!! i hope you had the bloomin onion and aussie fries while dining at Outback! lol those are my fav things there!! lol

I just noticed you had finished your TR! I enjoyed reading it very much and hope to have as wonderful of a time as you all did! I cant wait til you can take the baby!

Thank goodness for all these TR' and my PTR or I would have no where to put all this energy!!

53 days and counting....:banana:

I just noticed you had finished your TR! I enjoyed reading it very much and hope to have as wonderful of a time as you all did! I cant wait til you can take the baby!

Thank goodness for all these TR' and my PTR or I would have no where to put all this energy!!

53 days and counting....:banana:

Your trip is getting so close..I'm jealous!!!

The other day my husband said our August trip is too far away so we might go again in March!!! OH I HOPE SO!!

your hubby totally jinxed you by saying that!!! lol!! i hope you had the bloomin onion and aussie fries while dining at Outback! lol those are my fav things there!! lol

That's exactly what we had..plus kookaburra wings!!!

I forgot to add something!!!

On the Bippidi Boppid Boutique Day I had mentioned after Chef Mickey's Ashley's feet were hurting from her Minnie shoes so she walked around MK in her socks!

Well...the next day I was doing laundry and looked around for the socks in the room. I found a white pair in their room and she said ..yup..those are the ones!

Well...THEY WERE STILL WHITE!

That's how clean Magic Kingdom is! After walking around for hours in white socks...they weren't dirty at all!

AMAZING! :love:

I love Walt Disney World!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter