8/6/2012 - Mickey's Alaskan Adventure

Thanks for the movie list--I was hoping there would be something new. All of those have been on there since my last cruise (granted that was in June, LOL, but still!). I thought Timothy was coming out earlier--bummer!

Do you know that I haven't started packing! Living on the edge :) My FE stuff is going to take up practically a whole bag though.

Well, today in NC we are experiencing a cold front. The high is only 90, today and tomorrow. Then we are back up to the high 90s again, which is cooler than the 100s we had earlier this month.

I just found out it has been 719 days since we've been over 90 in Seattle. No wonder Nordstroms didn't order any shorts this year.

Thanks for the movie list Tracyvp! Looking forward to seeing Brave & Chimpanzee!

See you on the Wonder Calfan! Safe travels to you on your way to Seattle! :)

Just wondering if the Timmsli family has their GTY room assignment yet? Would love to "finalize" the FE list.

Remember: bring any last minute room changes to the DISmeet and/or I'll try to post them on my door.

It's official...the packing is done and the alarm goes off in 4 hours! We are heading to Seattle in the a.m. to spend a few days. So excited! I was so ready to be there around 6 p.m. today. When talking with me BFF (that just sounds so funny!), she said to take a deep breath and think of us doing a mojito tasting on the Wonder in a few days (I read about that here on the boards).

My 7 year old has been trying to go to "sleep" since 6 p.m. tonight. I bet she's still up in there (the house, I'm still out in my office printing off the FE list). Kinda like Christmas Eve....me on the other hand, I could have crashed hours ago! lol!

Thanks for the movie list! And the comment on the no shorts at Nordstroms cracked me up!

Night night!
See you at Sea!:dance3:

Pinkandproud said:
It's official...the packing is done and the alarm goes off in 4 hours! We are heading to Seattle in the a.m. to spend a few days. So excited! I was so ready to be there around 6 p.m. today. When talking with me BFF (that just sounds so funny!), she said to take a deep breath and think of us doing a mojito tasting on the Wonder in a few days (I read about that here on the boards).

My 7 year old has been trying to go to "sleep" since 6 p.m. tonight. I bet she's still up in there (the house, I'm still out in my office printing off the FE list). Kinda like Christmas Eve....me on the other hand, I could have crashed hours ago! lol!

Thanks for the movie list! And the comment on the no shorts at Nordstroms cracked me up!

Night night!
See you at Sea!:dance3:

Safe travels Pinkandproud! Weather here in Seattle is beautiful & warm....80-90 degrees the next couple days!

Well, after much stress and rushing around, the packing is MOSTLY done really about half done but the rest I can do in the morning, and most importantly, the FE gifts are actually DONE! (Well, as done as I can get them here. The assembly part has to be done on the ship because of space constraints). For awhile it really looked like everyone was going to get recycled FE gifts from prior cruises!

Tomorrow I HOPE to get the rest of the door magnets laminated. Keeping my fingers crossed, but if not, it wouldn't be the first time I'd be looking for a Staples to get them done in our departure city!

If I don't talk to you before, we'll see you all on the ship!

Tomorrow I HOPE to get the rest of the door magnets laminated. Keeping my fingers crossed, but if not, it wouldn't be the first time I'd be looking for a Staples to get them done in our departure city!

If I don't talk to you before, we'll see you all on the ship!

There is a Staples near the port.

Safe travels everyone. I'm just starting to pack right now--can you say last minute? The FE gifts were the only thing that was done a while ago, LOL. See you in Seattle!

Just so you know I have my priorities right, Jet Blue lost 2 of our bags coming in to Seattle and all I could think about was the fact that all of the FE gifts were in one of them. Forget that I didn't have a stitch of clothing to wear or anything but sandals for my feet. I just wanted to cry over the hours and hours spent making those things!

Fortunately the bags showed up around midnight last night. Whew! One more reason to ALWAYS fly in 2 days before! (And now MAYBE I can convince my family of the benefits of cross-packing. I've tried every trip and they always just ignore me!)

Well we made it to Seattle, and realized that we did not pack the actual fish extender! So we might have to get creative. If you see a bag or something on room 2637, that is our fish extender....at least we remembered to bring the FE gifts!

Can't wait tip tomorrow...we should be at the meet at 3.

Tracyvp said:
Just so you know I have my priorities right, Jet Blue lost 2 of our bags coming in to Seattle and all I could think about was the fact that all of the FE gifts were in one of them. Forget that I didn't have a stitch of clothing to wear or anything but sandals for my feet. I just wanted to cry over the hours and hours spent making those things!

Fortunately the bags showed up around midnight last night. Whew! One more reason to ALWAYS fly in 2 days before! (And now MAYBE I can convince my family of the benefits of cross-packing. I've tried every trip and they always just ignore me!)

Oh no! I'm so glad they found your bags!!!

We made it to Seattle safely, too! Had a great afternoon at Pike's place and the underground tour, and then had a great sushi dinner with Calfan and family. Can't wait to see you all tomorrow! I know exactly what you mean about I'm going to DW! :)

P.S. So glad they found your bags Tracy. Whew!

P.P.S. can't wait to see the creative FE, MASrules :)

We made it to Seattle safely, too! Had a great afternoon at Pike's place and the underground tour, and then had a great sushi dinner with Calfan and family. Can't wait to see you all tomorrow! I know exactly what you mean about I'm going to DW! :)

P.S. So glad they found your bags Tracy. Whew!

P.P.S. can't wait to see the creative FE, MASrules :)

How funny! We did the Underground tour today, too! I wonder if we were on the same one! We were also at Pike Place Market all afternoon. I guess it's not that surprising, when you think about it.

I'm excited to see the fun FE gift ideas everyone had and possibly to meet you all at the meet. Still not sure what the fam will want to do...

In any case, we will see you around the ship, I'm sure!

Just double checked our excursions, and DH's fishing trip is no longer listed. Agh! Not sure what I can do about that now? I guess we'll hit guest services when we board, and see about alternate arrangements. Sure we'll find something!

On a better note. We leave the house in 1 hour, 15 minutes. Crazy that we can cross the country in such a little amount of time. I wanted to arrive a couple of days early, but it just didn't work out for us.

But we will be there today!!! Bon Voyage!pirate:

How funny! We did the Underground tour today, too! I wonder if we were on the same one! We were also at Pike Place Market all afternoon. I guess it's not that surprising, when you think about it.

I'm excited to see the fun FE gift ideas everyone had and possibly to meet you all at the meet. Still not sure what the fam will want to do...

In any case, we will see you around the ship, I'm sure!

Too funny! We were on the 2 pm tour. Can't wait to meet you all, too. Hope you can convince the family to stop by the DISmeet :)

Well, we're home. I do not have the heart to tackle the unpacking yet. I think I took over 700 photos and lots of video too. I have so many great memories. My kids loved the Fish Exchange and looked forward to our special deliveries. Thank you everyone!

Safe travels home! Til we meet again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter