8/6/2012 - Mickey's Alaskan Adventure

Does anyone have the current list of our port call times? I can't seem to find it on the website anymore. I must be looking in the wrong place. Thx!pirate:

DisneyLifeMel said:
Does anyone have the current list of our port call times? I can't seem to find it on the website anymore. I must be looking in the wrong place. Thx!pirate:

Here ya go.... :)

Skagway 7:15 a.m. -7:30 p.m.
Juneau. 6:30 a.m. -2:00 p.m.
Ketchikan 7:15 a.m. -12:30 p.m.
Victoria. 6:15 p.m -10:30 p.m.

Going through my closet last night, and realized I forgot to take my dress to the dry cleaners... agh! Of course I forget about my own stuff. Good thing DS has an orthodontist appointment today, and I have to run to town anyway. :coffee:

Otherwise, the packing has begun. Yipee!

I finished making the pillowcases for the Characters to sign. They turned out so cute!

Now to stop procrastinating about packing. I'm normally totally packed by now. I've never been on a cruise before and I'm totally overwhelmed thinking about what we need.

At least I don't need to pull all my winter clothes out of storage as we are still wearing them. My friend described Seattle's weather like a woman going thru menopause. It cold, no its hot, no wait cold.

Nicolepa said:
At least I don't need to pull all my winter clothes out of storage as we are still wearing them. My friend described Seattle's weather like a woman going thru menopause. It cold, no its hot, no wait cold.

As someone from Seattle I agree with your friend. :-)

Well, today in NC we are experiencing a cold front. The high is only 90, today and tomorrow. Then we are back up to the high 90s again, which is cooler than the 100s we had earlier this month.

That's too funny. I'm starting to think about packing (finally), and I think this will be the first summer trip I've ever taken where I'm not packing shorts for anyone. I'm even wondering whether I should bother taking capris! I just did a weather search and it looks like fifty's and sixty's with rain on all our port stops. Might even break out the cords!

Well, today in NC we are experiencing a cold front. The high is only 90, today and tomorrow. Then we are back up to the high 90s again, which is cooler than the 100s we had earlier this month.

I don't think we've seen 90 in Seattle since 2010. Last year we barely made it 80 a couple of times. This year has been better weatherwise. By that I mean more days in the 70's than last year (and less rain).:rotfl2:

That's too funny. I'm starting to think about packing (finally), and I think this will be the first summer trip I've ever taken where I'm not packing shorts for anyone. I'm even wondering whether I should bother taking capris! I just did a weather search and it looks like fifty's and sixty's with rain on all our port stops. Might even break out the cords!

Along with my jeans, I'm packing Capri's and short sleeve shirts, but we are still in the 60s/70s here. I don't think the weather will be that cold for us. I have fleece jackets and such to layer with. Layers, Layers, Layers. ;-)

So what is the general policy regarding rain and excursion cancellations? I haven't wanted to think about that.:beach:

So what is the general policy regarding rain and excursion cancellations? I haven't wanted to think about that.:beach:

I don't really recall hearing about excursions cancelled purely due to rain. I think fog is the culprit most of the time with the helicopter and sea plane excursions due to visibility issues (probably high winds too). I'm crossing my fingers that our dog sledding excursion in Juneau goes as scheduled since it is my DD's 10th birthday.

I don't really recall hearing about excursions cancelled purely due to rain. I think fog is the culprit most of the time with the helicopter and sea plane excursions due to visibility issues (probably high winds too). I'm crossing my fingers that our dog sledding excursion in Juneau goes as scheduled since it is my DD's 10th birthday.

Yeah, I don't think rain is what you have to worry about. Depending on your excursions a good, waterproof (not resistant) rain jacket and possibly pants will be your best friend.

Deleted post because I found what I was looking for.

In case anyone is interested, I called to find out what movies will be showing onboard during our cruise. Here's the list: (This is just in the theatres, not on the FunnelVision)
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (in 3D)
Cars 2
The Help
The Muppets
People Like Us
War Horse
John Carter
Chimpanzees
The Avengers
Brave (both in 2D and 3D)
We're missing the PremEAR at Sea of The Odd Life of Timothy Green by a few days. It comes out on the 15th.

My DD and I wanted to see Chimpanzee and missed it in the theater, so hopefully we will be able to catch it on the ship. Might have to see BRAVE again too. For anyone who hasn't seen War Horse, it is excellent.

We leave for Seattle tomorrow morning. If I don't make it on to the boards again before we leave, just want to wish everyone safe travels, and we will see you on the Wonder!

In case anyone is interested, I called to find out what movies will be showing onboard during our cruise. Here's the list: (This is just in the theatres, not on the FunnelVision)
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (in 3D)
Cars 2
The Help
The Muppets
People Like Us
War Horse
John Carter
Chimpanzees
The Avengers
Brave (both in 2D and 3D)
We're missing the PremEAR at Sea of The Odd Life of Timothy Green by a few days. It comes out on the 15th.

Super, Thanks for the full list. I knew they were showing Brave, but I may have to give it another try in 3D! And I still haven't seen The Help. I read the book but never got around to seeing the movie. Looks like a good list. I know we'll head to the theater when we need some down time!
pirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter