8/6/2012 - Mickey's Alaskan Adventure

Mickeyfan66 & I finished our Tshirts last night. They turned out really cute! When I get a chance I will take a picture and post it. Now we just need to finish up with our FE gifts! And PACKING!

I'm soooooo ready for this cruise!!! Only 16 days!!!

:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

For people who can't make the DISmeet, I think I will also put a list of any room changes up on my door. So those of you doing the FE, if you can't attend the DISmeet or if you go to a room and there isn't a FE on it, make sure to drop by CaliforniaGirl09's room and see if there have been changes. Sound good?

Sounds good to me!

Just finished assembling our FE gifts. Woo hoo! Also started getting a few things out, but not into suitcases yet. We leave for Seattle in less than two weeks. So excited!

Working on the Fish Extender presents. Cannot believe this cruise is almost here. Because we have smaller children, we signed up for things that they could do. But, we are booked :). Thank you to the team putting together the FE list together. It is appreciated and going to be fun!

Still working on my FE gifts. I only have one shirt finished (at least it is mine), and I haven't printed any magnets. Heck, I don't even have my magnetic paper yet. I am starting to feel a little behind schedule. Gotta get my groove on this week to get caught up!!

Saturday check, nope no one yet. I wonder if the Roy or Walt Disney suite is available.

Just ran across this thread. We are on the 8/6/12 Alaska cruise and we were lucky enough to get one of the Suites!!! We booked on day 1 in the opening hour.

We didn't find this thread in time for the FE game, but we will be looking for everybody in their matching T-shirts!

Can't wait! Just over a week until Sail Away Party!! :cool1:

Just ran across this thread. We are on the 8/6/12 Alaska cruise and we were lucky enough to get one of the Suites!!! We booked on day 1 in the opening hour.

We didn't find this thread in time for the FE game, but we will be looking for everybody in their matching T-shirts!

Can't wait! Just over a week until Sail Away Party!! :cool1:

Welcome aboard MolarMan!pirate:

FE gifts almost all done.

Bags starting to be packed.

I am not sure we are going to make shirts, but we will try and make the 3pm meet and greet.

This is getting so close...can't wait.

Our t-shirts arrived yesterdayfrom VistaPrint. I'm pretty happy with the way they turned out. The image is a bit smaller than I would have liked, but I do think it would have been blurry if I had tried to make it bigger. The placement of the image is good. DD and DS are going to be swimming in their shirts. VistaPrint doesn't carry childrens' sizes, so I had to get each an adult small. At least the image is high enough that it will still show even if they have to tuck half the shirt in. LOL

12 days... we are officially out of the teens and on our way to the final countdown! pirate: Arg!

Its been a long road, but now less than 2 weeks and you will be on the cruise. At the same time we will be in WDW, So while its not Alaska this year it will be some Disney after all.

BTW I have a count down on the 2013 cruise, so far only 3 families, but then we started our slow here too. Have a great cruise all.

Almost there guys... FE gifts almost complete. Tomorrow the suitcases officially come out of the closet & the packing begins!

Can we call each other on our wave phones? I may not make the meet & greet, but I am always up for happy hour somewhere!!:cheer2:

Same here. Suitcases officially come out tomorrow and packing begins. I have piles of stuff that I have been getting out for the last week strewn across my bedroom floor! Definitely feel free to call us on the wave phone. Happy to meet up whenever.

Feel free to call us anytime on the wave phone too!

Suitcases are out! Gonna spend the weekend getting organized and semi packed so I don't have to run around like crazy next weekend! So excited guys!!!:yay:

Thanks so much, CaliforniaGirl09, for all of your hard work to put together FE fun. Doing FE on Disney Cruise has been one of "the" event for our family.

As for putting together FE gift, the package is growing bigger every day. I am not sure if they fit in my suitcase. :scared1:

We leave for Seattle on your Thursday. Hope to see you all on board!
Ayumi :grouphug:

For people who can't make the DISmeet, I think I will also put a list of any room changes up on my door. So those of you doing the FE, if you can't attend the DISmeet or if you go to a room and there isn't a FE on it, make sure to drop by CaliforniaGirl09's room and see if there have been changes. Sound good?

Hi, All!

I'm afraid I haven't been a very good cruisemate this trip. With Alison graduating from high school, me going back to work for the first time in 20 years and the whole family helping at the theatre for her last musical, (not to mention trying to get her ready to leave for college 4 days after we get back from this cruise) I've just not had the time to keep up with the boards. As a matter of fact, I haven't had time to book any excursions or even our car rental and hotel for the days before the cruise!! Just now coming up for air as we closed the show last night.

I'm going to try to print magnets and finish FE gifts this week along with packing. I've never been this disorganized for any trip ever. But I just keep telling myself, "It doesn't matter. It's supposed to be fun. I'm going to be on the ship whether I have magnets on my door or not, and if everyone ends up getting a "re-gifted" FE gift, it will be okay. And even if all we do is sit on the ship and look at the passing landscape, we'll still have a magical time!" That's my current mantra!

No t-shirts for us. No one in my family would wear them so there's no point. Not sure if we'll make the meet & greet. I'll try. But we WILL have both graphics as magnets on our door and we WILL have our FE out so you'll find us! Looking forward to seeing you all and putting faces to names!

Thanks so much, CaliforniaGirl09, for all of your hard work to put together FE fun. Doing FE on Disney Cruise has been one of "the" event for our family.

You are so welcome, but it really wasn't much work especially with Calfan's help! Highly recommend two people if any of you are considering ever doing the FE organizing for a different cruise. The google docs was awesome, too.

I've never been this disorganized for any trip ever.

I feel your pain. I'm the same way. I've been doing way too much traveling this summer. But I'm rallying for next week :)

Spent most of yesterday packing, and I am about 90-95% of the way there; mostly just last-minute items that I can't really pack until Thurs. night or Fri. morning. Our flight leaves bright and early at 6:30 a.m. on Friday. It's a good thing I started packing early (mostly because of my work schedule and the fact that we leave on Fri. so this was the last weekend available). I went to get my DS's long-sleeve polo shirts out of his closet and discovered they are all size 5/6. He is turning 8 tomorrow! Thank you, Gap Kids, for 30% off and expedited shipping that will have the new shirts here tomorrow! Can't believe this trip is right around the corner. Really excited!

Not sure if we'll make the meet & greet. I'll try. But we WILL have both graphics as magnets on our door and we WILL have our FE out so you'll find us! Looking forward to seeing you all and putting faces to names!

Hey there... Not sure we'll make the Meet & Greet either. Give us a call on the Wave Phone (room number is on the list) and meet us for happy hour one night! And you are right... this is supposed to be fun! :cheer2:

FE gifts are done!! That was so much fun! Tomorrow I will be be packing and doing lots of laundry. I am not sure everyone has gloves, not much need for them in NC in July. The high this weekend was a cool 98 degrees, better than last week in the low 100s.

Oh, DS13 says "Hi" to everyone... "OMG, goin' on a Disney Cruise. Can't wait."

I think he is making fun of his old mom. LOL, cuz I know how excited he really is. pirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter