8/31/08 Wonder - Who's sailing

I'll let you all in on a little Monte Cristo secret.....

I have been on and around boats my whole life, from when I was a child....and I have SERIOUS anxiety over the whole cruise/BIG boat thing. It's a major phobia of mine. The closer we get the higher the anxiety level gets for me!

Bring on the liquor!

Last year, we flew down to FL. I was so nervous that I almost asked my DH to knock me out. This year to save money, we are driving down Saturday (Aug 30). Now I am just nervous about making there and not getting lost.

I'll let you all in on a little Monte Cristo secret.....

I have been on and around boats my whole life, from when I was a child....and I have SERIOUS anxiety over the whole cruise/BIG boat thing. It's a major phobia of mine. The closer we get the higher the anxiety level gets for me!

Bring on the liquor!

I think the first time on a cruise causes many to be anxious. I know I was!
But my anxiety was caused by worrying about SEASICKNESS.
Did my homework - wasn't sick. :worship: - I can't ride Space Mountain :sick:

The ship just feels like a huge hotel/resort (unless you hang over the railing on deck - then you may get that "BIG Boat" feeling) ;) I sure you and your family will just love it!

Can't wait!:banana:

(Should have bought some US $ a few weeks ago, our dolllar is lower now) :sad2:

OK folks,

I'm officially on vacation, and will be off to work until Sept 8th :rotfl:

We leave Madrid for Orlando on Tuesday and hope we'll have tons of fun before our cruise. Not sure if I will be able to write here again before we
leave, so, I just wanted you to know that I hope God blesses you all with a wonderful, healthy and safe trip.

See you real soon!! pirate:

Take care,

Dennis

Got my cruise packet + luggage tags too. We got upgraded from Cat 12 to 10 at the very, very back of the ship.

Now I just have to figure out when to put the luggage tags on so my bride doesn't see them. I have her passport and she still doesn't know what we're doing.

Congrats! You could put the tags on right before checking them in at the air port (have her wait to the side if able) or don't let her handle any bags. Those are the only 2 options I can think of (right now) for you.

Hi Everyone.... I know I am late to join in but I am excited to be cruisin' on the 4 day August 31 trip also!! Seven people in my party - 3 adults, 4 teens (ages 13,15,15,14).
Going to do 6 nights at WDW before we get on the ship!
Cat 9, Deck 1 :cool1:

Welcome! We will be on deck 6.

Okay, we have one week before sailing. Start packing and getting things in order (house, mail, animals). Also, keep an eye on the weather. There are 2 depressions out there. Here is a link: http://www.skeetobiteweather.com

We will be on the road this time next Sat.:drive: Everyone, have a safe trip and we will see you in FL.

Welcome! We will be on deck 6.

Okay, we have one week before sailing. Start packing and getting things in order (house, mail, animals). Also, keep an eye on the weather. There are 2 depressions out there. Here is a link: http://www.skeetobiteweather.com

We will be on the road this time next Sat.:drive: Everyone, have a safe trip and we will see you in FL.

Hi all,
I saw the 2 depressions on NHC site. :eek: Ran out this morning and bought an extra package of Bonamine. :rolleyes1 Just in case. ;)

Have a safe trip everyone!!!
S

well...hopefully i'm better late than never!LOL

We are 1st time cruisers and DH could not go so it is me (Rhonda), DD1 (Sarah), DS (Luke), DD2 (Samantha AKA Sam) & Nana (LeAnn, My mom)

Five alltogether in a Cat 4 on Deck 8, Room 8590!!!

Anybody else nervous??LOL

Oh, kids ages are Sarah-8, Luke-7 and Samantha is 5!

Anyone staying at the Residence Inn?

We are planning to be on the ship as early as possible so we will probably be at the terminal by 10:30am

We haven't quit decided on a hotel yet. I was thinking of the Holiday Inn Express, but not sure yet. It will be DH, DS (10) and me. I also want to be at the port early.

We got off cheaper with the Residence since there were 5 of us...plus the breakfast was a better deal!

I think we are going to do the drive to the port...drop everyone and the bags...I'll drive back to the Residence and park and ride the shuttle..maybe!Lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter