• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

8/3 7 day Western Magic cruise from a teens pov(part 2)

Jhondy(210)

Mouseketeer
Day 3 Sea
I slept in again and headed up to common grounds as the game gotcha was starting. Although I did not do this game I watched my friends do it. It was quite humorous to watch them so worried about what others are doing and always turning around to make sure no one was around them. That afternoon we got to paint Animation cells and although the younger kids did the same thing it was fun just to sit down and paint some Disney character. After that my friends and I walked around the boat just wandering. At the front of the ship (at least I think it was the front it might have been the back I have no idea) on deck 9 there is an observation deck, go up there if you have a chance and aren¡¦t afraid of wind. It¡¦s really windy but cool to look at; there is also a room off to the side where my friends and I spent countless hours talking in because no one bugged us there. That night dinner was at Parrot Kay. This dinner they handed me a kids menu, go figure I¡¦m 16 and still getting the kids menu oh well I ordered a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. It was good, but then again how can you screw up peanut butter and jelly, that night I finished dinner before my parents even got there¡¦s so I took my sister and we snuck out and she went to her club and guess what? Yep I went back to common grounds to hang out. One of my new friends had to go with her family to see the show "Hercules: The Muse-ical." So I went along with her expecting to be bored during the show, but figured I couldn¡¦t go on a Disney cruise with out seeing a show. This show was great the comedy in the show wasn¡¦t made especially for the younger kids, it made a great show for all ages. The jokes consisted mainly of the comedy in today¡¦s culture. When you go on a cruise that show is a must see. Anyway that night with common grounds we had a pool party and got to kick everyone but the teens out of the goofy pool. Although I dislike swimming and didn¡¦t swim there were many games for tribe points that were fun to watch and didn¡¦t really deal with water all that much. After that was over we had a pj party in Studio Sea. Most people didn¡¦t wear there pjs and although we heard the same music as all the other nights we still had a blast dancing and then going to common grounds to talk. At around 1:30 I met a kid who was fluent in French and could barely speak English, ahh time to speak a language my teacher told me never to speak again. It was fun trying to speak French and trying to understand what he was saying, luckily the counselor Shannon spoke fluent French as well as fluent English so the parts I didn¡¦t understand or didn¡¦t know the words for she helped me with, gee I think I learned more French from her then my French teacher ƒº. The last half an hour went by fast and it was time for common grounds to close and me to get some sleep.

Day 4 Grand Cayman
I didn¡¦t get off at this island either but the rest of my family did cause they again had excursions this time at common grounds I watched Happy Gilmore and Fast and the Furious¡Kagain(this is a movie I must of watched 5 or 6 times during the cruise) the day went by fast. I walked around with some friends and talked and hardly saw my parents at all the whole day. When dinner came around my mom came to common grounds to come get me because I didn¡¦t show up at the room. I had decided I would skip dinner and eat something at Pluto Dog house. My mom then made me take pictures with a little mermaid background. What a site that was, I was 3 ft taller then everyone else in line so naturally I was praying that none of my friends would see me and thankfully they didn¡¦t. After the pictures I ran back up to common grounds to talk some more. It¡¦s amazing how much one can talk with people they hardly know but by the end of the week these friends seemed like I had known them forever and not just the short time of a week. Late that night we had scream time which was the teens making scary movies that didn¡¦t end up scary. The movies were funny to make and even funnier to watch, for many like ours had inside jokes in them which only the group had understood. By this point I had begun to talk more and more to the French kid and although my French was actually half English he seemed to get what I was saying or he used the old method of nodding and smiling which is what I occasionally would use with him. This night was the first night we didn¡¦t have a dance so we went looking for somewhere to dance only to find everything being used by the younger kids or having shows going on so we brought our own radio to deck 9 and had our own dance. Dancing was fun then but not nearly as fun as it was with everyone from common grounds so the French kid and I ended up playing ping pong. After that we went back to common grounds hung out and went to bed just like all the other nights.

Thanks for sharing your trip with us. Why no Grand Cayman for you? I'm glad you saw the musicals. They are really well produced. Repeat cruiser seem to watch them over and over and never tire of them.

Tina :)

no grand caymen because my parents had an excursion so by the time i woke up they were gone and my brothers went swimming before i woke up but it was cool cause then i hung out with some of the kids i met.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter