8/17/2008 Double Dip 4-day Wonder

guzwoman,
I agree with Coach Rick and Sea-and-Ski; looks like we're unanimous re being honest. You can tell your mom that even if your DD is off somewhere having fun, there will still be moments when the 2 of you will be together and those will be very special memories. And your DD will still remember the entire experience as the time the 2 of you went on the cruise.

Coach Rick, you can add me (50) to your list as well as my DD who will be 14 and my DS who will be 16 for the cruise. And I can't believe that your kids still don't know about the cruise; they are going to be so thrilled! And in awe of your ability to keep a secret!

I agree that the email alerts aren't working properly when people post. I get most of them but notice that times go by when there are a 3 or 4 posts and I get nothing. Then I suddenly get an alert again. Very odd.

Coach Rick, you can add me (50) to your list as well as my DD who will be 14 and my DS who will be 16 for the cruise. And I can't believe that your kids still don't know about the cruise; they are going to be so thrilled! And in awe of your ability to keep a secret!

OMG:scared1: , How did I ever miss you? :confused3 Can you forgive me? :scared: Pleeeeaaasseee :flower3:

Now it's alphabetized too...hehehe

Yep, had a minor scare at moms on Easter, she said something about she talked to the doctor about dad going on the cruise, and he said it would be fine. Again, quick thinking, I said, "yeah that's nice, but I think you should tell him about this surprise of you taking him on a cruise in January" IT WORKED!:cool1: I guess all that teaching experience really helps me think quick...:lmao:

How can I not forgive someone who likes hockey as much as you do??!!! Plus it looks like you have the arduous job of keeping 'the list' now!

Your heart must have sunk when your mom made that slip about the cruise, but sounds like you made a quick recovery!

I mentioned the T shirts to my DD and she's in for one; I was kind of surprised because she'll be 14 on the cruise and I wasn't sure if she'd go for that or not, but she did so that's great! So that's 2 T shirts for us!

Boy, you're working hard on this cruise between keeping it a secret, coming up with T shirts and keeping the list of DIS passengers! Thanks for all you're doing!

From NJ!...Me (41) DH (43) DD (11) DD (6)
:goodvibes

Gotcha...With that we are up to 70......Which is just about 3% of the ship...:thumbsup2

Gee in the event that we get stuck on CC, we have enough teachers to be able to school the kids on the ship through the winter. :teacher: :lmao:

It just keeps raining here :( I had hoped for spring weather during vacations but nothing like that. On Easter we even had snow (while we had the hottest Christmas since years...)
Now we're getting everything ready for our next DLP trip. We'll leave as soon as Steven gets home from work. We'll try out a new "aparthotel" (appartement) in Val d'Europe, the city built in association with Disney next to the resort. It will be a busy trip : Saturday we'll go to Paris, but have to be back at Disney at 8PM for Steven's birthday dinner at California Grill (yeah, we have one too, in the Disneyland Hotel). Sunday (or maybe Monday) there will be the last Cinema Parade. After that no more parade at the Studios for a while, till the Stars & Motorcars arrives (2009). But there's plenty of other new stuff to see.
We will stay at Disney till Tuesday, so hopefully we'll have at least one sunny day :)
Has anyone else in this group been at DLP yet? How did you like it compared to WDW or the other Disney parks?

Thanks for all you're doing!

I just can't wait to meet everyone...;)

What I will do for the t-shirts, is about mid June, I will post an ordering deadline, and will set up a link for everyone to go to and order with a paypal link to pay. Of course if you don't do paypal I will put an address to send a check to. Then by the end of July, I will ship them out so everyone has them in time to pack. :woohoo:

Sounds great, Coach Rick!

Willem, I haven't been to DLP but would love to go one day. I guess you're there now...I'm sure you're having a great time! I'll keep my fingers crossed for good weather for you!

Sea-and-Ski, aren't you having surgery on your left foot next month? When's that happening?

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Willem......I heard about the snow for Easter, my in-laws all live in England and they mentioned there was snow. Unbelievable. That's a pretty busy trip to DLP.

I haven't been yet, either. We only just went to WDW for the first time in 2005.

Lynda....you have a good memory. My foot surgery is scheduled for May 5th. My Girl Scout troop is going to a dude ranch in the middle of April so I wanted to do the surgery after that. My podiatrist said the recovery should last about six weeks so an early May surgery gets me back on my feet by the beginning of the summer.

Coach Rick...it would be physically impossible for me to keep this cruise secret from my family. It would literally eat me alive. I'd be going around with a hole in my middle which would be difficult to explain.

Ok, I think I have way too much time on my hands...:rotfl:

I just went through ALL 27 pages, 407 posts and just finishing updating the list on page 27. There are now a total of 141 that have posted they are on-board. That is 6% of the ships capacity are DIS family members...WoW!
The preview of our "Sailaway Party":
:dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3:
:dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3:
:dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3:
:dance3: :dance3:
:dance3:

Just wanted to say...we are still here and so looking forward to this cruise! We've had a busy year so far so I've been rather quiet on the boards.

The weather here in northern CA is pretty nice (mostly in the 60's) and DS started baseball in February. We are heading to Washington DC for Spring Break on Friday. First trip there for me and DS. We are very excited!

Can't wait to meet you all!:grouphug:

Cyndi

Hi guys am at DLP right now. Just back in our hotel after dinner. Yesterday we went to Paris, weather was great. Not that warm but sunny. Saw lots and lots of shops but ended with buying nothing. We saw something is the first shop but thought "We'll wait till later", when we went back it was gone :(
Will have another try tomorrow at the Val d'Europe shoppping centre here in DLP. Yesterday evening we had dinner at California Grill. It was delicious! It's a great restaurant: the finest food and excellent service, and with view on the illuminated castle. Wonderful!
Today we spent at the parks. Stitch Live opened last week so we had to try that. It's fun, a bit different then Turtle Talk, with even more interactivity (eg Stitch takes pictures from people in the audience). The weather was really bad today, nothing but rain. Did Tower of Terror and saw Animagique (a nice dark light show at WDS) and the Cinema Parade (the last Cinema Parade will be tomorrow, don't wanna miss that). Then we moved to the Disneyland Park, still rain and rain and rain. Did Phantom Manor (=Haunted Mansion), Pirates, Small World and had a coffee break :) The parks were really crowded. Left the park at 7PM for dinner at a Chinese restaurant at Val d'Europe. Now relaxing a bit and tomorrow another day filled with magic :) Talked a lot about WDW and DCL today. Were complaining about the rain and said: at WDW we'll wish we had this weather to cool down a bit :)

Gotcha...With that we are up to 70......Which is just about 3% of the ship...:thumbsup2

Gee in the event that we get stuck on CC, we have enough teachers to be able to school the kids on the ship through the winter. :teacher: :lmao:

I like the idea of teaching on the island. Hmmmm....

Love the math and the updated list. Thanks for doing it for us.

Willem....I forgot...is this your first trip to the states? Are you planning on seeing things outside of WDW/DCL? I would love to see the other parks. Enjoy your trip.

Yes, my problem was solved with my mom. I simply told her next time and she said yes I know you two should go by your selves. Phew, escaped breaking anyone's Disney dreams!!

I have since reread the message. I am realizing that my pending BAR exam is already starting to make me CRAZY or GOOFY!! >:goofy: I started my bar studying this week complete with a bar tutor. I keep thinking a week after the bar I get to go with my little one for a trip of a life time, just the two of us. 9 days at WDW and then the cruise. YIPPEE!!

So guys bare with me, my level of CRAZY is just going to get worse from here on out. Everytime I look all of the material that I have to some how shove into my brain, all I can think is WOW!! I know how articluate of me. Actually I don't say WOW I have some very-very choice words.

signing off...

>:goofy: mg

Hi guys,
Back from the magic. The last Cinema Parade was great, with lots more cast members then usual. You can see some pics at my MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/disneywillem
It's not our first trip to the US. We've been to WDW in 2004 and Hollywood/Vegas/Disneyland in 2006. We won't have the time to do other things then WDW/DCL since we'll only spent 12 days in the US.

Willem, I loved your post re your visit to DLP and I will take a look at your pictures later today. I might be going there in October so if that happens, I'll have lots of questions for you on the cruise! A relative of mine is getting married in France, so it seems like a great opportunity for me to go to a French wedding and see DLP! Where do you guys stay when you go there?

Sea-and-Ski, I have to admit that my memory is not that good but I put a note in my diary re your surgery! That's nice that you can fit in the Girl Scout trip before the operation. And it's good that your recovery won't affect your summer.

guzwoman, glad to hear that your situation with your mom was resolved so nicely! And good luck with the studying! Won't it be nice to go on the cruise with your DD knowing that the bar and all that work is now behind you???!!

Hope everyone is having a good week! Unbelievable that we're in April now but thank goodness! March just seemed to go by so fast! So we're that much closer to our great cruise!

Lynda, nice to hear you're coming to Europe! I think it would be a good idea to combine your trip with a visit to DLP indeed. We have stayed in many different hotels in the (almost) past ten years. The best choice depends and what you like and your budget off course. My favourite hotel is Hotel New York, but that one is not that kids-friendly. There are 6 Disney-hotels + one home away from home resort and lots of associated and other nearby hotels so plenty of choise.
Where in France would the wedding take place?

The wedding is in Plan, which is about an hour away from Lyon. I thought I could take the train up to DLP. I'll be on my own and I"m looking for something cheap re hotels! Any recommendations? And do you think 1 day would be okay? I just want to do a quick tour, and then come back another time with my kids where I could spend more time.

It's very easy to go to DLP by train, the train station is next to the parks entrance. En plus you can travel by TGV, the French high speed train, very comfortable!
The cheapest Disney hotel is Santa Fé, but for +/- the same price you can stay in a Val de France hotel (comparable to the Downtown Disney hotels) which is more luxurous (Holiday Inn, Dream Castle or Kyriad).
One day is enough to SEE the parks, but you won't be able to do many rides. Before you didn't find a lot at the WDS, but now the park had expended and it has become a "real" second park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter